Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So throttle progression is stuck to the mode you are in, and can't be independently controlled? Kind of a bummer...but really not a big deal to me either.

TR6 whom has his Camaro now, says between tour mode, and track mode, the throttle progression is a very noticeable difference.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #16
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Well throttle and shifting are technically locked to the main driver mode selection. If you have a manual, then its just the throttle progression.

You should be able to choose the overall track mode to get that throttle progression, then change the suspension, steering, and exhaust to your liking.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:53 AM   #17
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Well throttle and shifting are technically locked to the main driver mode selection. If you have a manual, then its just the throttle progression.

You should be able to choose the overall track mode to get that throttle progression, then change the suspension, steering, and exhaust to your liking.
Yes I realize that is a work around... My issue is where I live I get a variety of smooth to shitty roads on my commute.... If I want Track sensitivity for throttle I must lock the suspension via Mylink menu to one setting and I can't change the MRC setting on the fly with the Drive Select switch when encountering bad stretches....( I would drive in sport track MRC except for small stretches...

It's just curious to me that GM has 4 adjustable parameters for the Drive Modes, but one not customizable like the other three...

I could see GM wanting to lock throttle to being less sensitive in Weather Mode, but why restrict its customization across the board?
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #18
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Yes I realize that is a work around... My issue is where I live I get a variety of smooth to shitty roads on my commute.... If I want Track sensitivity for throttle I must lock the suspension via Mylink menu to one setting and I can't change the MRC setting on the fly with the Drive Select switch when encountering bad stretches....( I would drive in sport track MRC except for small stretches...

It's just curious to me that GM has 4 adjustable parameters for the Drive Modes, but one not customizable like the other three...

I could see GM wanting to lock throttle to being less sensitive in Weather Mode, but why restrict its customization across the board?
I can see why they would not provide customization of the throttle and transmission. Everything is electronic now so the throttle and transmission behavior is tied together very closely. To have individual adjustment would require some pretty complex programming to handle all the different combinations of throttle response and shift speeds. I'm not saying its not possible, but it would be more cost for a system that the majority of owners will probably hardly ever touch, and the Camaro is expensive enough already.

Have you confirmed that you can't change settings on the fly? If you look at my video it only takes four presses to change an individual driving mode setting. They could probably change the interface to make it quicker, but once again, is the extra cost worth it for something that won't be adjusted very often.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote