Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #15
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
Dumbest statement ever. What does salary have to do with anything? Bet that car is a V-8
http://www.statepress.com/2013/10/17...o-turns-heads/ :3 This one is a v8
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #16
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Most of them are V-8's that's my point.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #17
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
Dumbest statement ever. What does salary have to do with anything? Bet that car is a V-8
Basically, let me simplify it for you, WHY TRASH A CAR?

Last edited by Dubscamaro; 02-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Dubscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #18
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Basically, let me simplify it for you, WHY TRASH A CAR?
My bad thought you were trashing the Police Officer because his salary.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #19
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatD...28&DocType=ARS

28-947. Special restrictions on lamps
A. A person shall direct a lighted lamp or illuminating device on a motor vehicle, other than a head lamp, spot lamp, auxiliary lamp or flashing front direction signal, that projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than three hundred candlepower so that no part of the beam strikes the level of the roadway on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than seventy-five feet from the vehicle.
B. A person shall not drive or move a vehicle or equipment on a highway with a lamp or device on the vehicle that is capable of displaying a red or red and blue light or lens visible from directly in front of the center of the vehicle. Lights visible from the front of a vehicle shall be amber or white. This section does not apply to either of the following:
1. An authorized emergency vehicle or a vehicle on which a red or red and blue light or lens visible from the front is expressly authorized or required by this chapter.
2. A fire engine that is solely used for hobby or display purposes and that has been issued a historic vehicle license plate pursuant to section 28-2484 if either of the following applies:
(a) The lights are covered and are not activated while a person is transporting or driving the vehicle to or from a parade, authorized assemblage of historic vehicles or test.
(b) The lights are activated only in a parade, for an authorized assemblage of historic vehicles or for testing purposes.
C. Except as provided in subsection D or E of this section, flashing lights on motor vehicles are prohibited except either:
1. On authorized emergency vehicles, school buses or snow removal equipment.
2. As warning lights on disabled or parked vehicles.
3. On a vehicle as a means for indicating a right or left turn.
D. A vehicle may have lamps that may be used to warn the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing. The vehicle may display these lamps as a warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this article. The lamps used to display the warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights or any shade of color between white and amber. The lamps used to display the warning to the rear shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall show simultaneously flashing amber or red lights or any shade of color between amber and red. These warning lights shall be visible from a distance of at least one thousand five hundred feet under normal atmospheric conditions at night.
E. A person may equip a motorcycle with a means of modulating the intensity of a head lamp beam between the higher and lower brightness at a rate of two hundred to two hundred eighty cycles per minute. A person shall not modulate the head lamp beam during the hours of darkness as prescribed in section 28-922.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Too long didn't read ^
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruckenbrod View Post
Horrible idea. I see you live in AZ, you try using those around my area and we will find you...
Are you a COP?
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #22
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Too long didn't read ^
That's the spirit. Hey, do whatever you want. I think it will be funny if you get hassled. Check that- if you get hassled and then complain, I'll think it's funny. If you get hassled and don't tell us, well that's cruel man, just plain cruel.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #23
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Too long didn't read

That's what she said.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #24
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
This thread sucks.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #25
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
This thread sucks.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #26
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Let's be very clear, it is not illegal to own anything that is considered "police equipment." It is also perfectly legal to use said equipment on private property and off-road.

However, it is very illegal to USE that equipment on a public roadway, especially if it has blue flashing lights, and especially if you're using that equipment to pull people over.

So, just because your car may look like a police car does not constitute a crime, especially if there's no graphic on your vehicle that says "POLICE" on it (except that Police Interceptor badge, but that's a factory badge). However, if you use ANY vehicle (whether it looks like a cop car or not) to pull someone over, that is absolutely illegal.

I hope that clears some things up for everyone.

For example, I have clear strobe lights in the headlights, turn signals, and back-up lights of my S-10 Blazer. I also have clear strobe lights in my Camaro's turn signals, fog lights (DRL's, whatever), and back-up lights as well as red strobes in all four tail lamps. I am not a police officer. I work as an engineer and every once in a while my job requires that I make site visits. Occasionally, these site visits are on public roadways and I need a method to warn people that my vehicle is stopped and a potential driving hazard exists. And while some people will scoff and say I should just use my vehicle's factory hazard lights, I can tell you from experience that there are too many idiots in this country operating motor vehicles that pay absolutely zero attention to factory vehicle hazard lights. I would rather be safe than sorry.

While I cannot speak to the reason why the guy in the news clip has what he has, there are very legitimate reasons to have "police equipment" in the real world.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Last edited by CamaroSkooter; 02-04-2014 at 09:11 AM.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #27
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Like he said, he needs all that equipment to go to the grocery store.
The handcuffs hanging from the rear view are a nice touch too. lol
Old 02-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #28
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
Badge bigger than the penis syndrome.

Red and blue on the car are not a problem. I have a NightOwl system and can make my halos and DRL halos strobe between red and blue, and fog light and switchbacks strobe.
Cops love it at shows, but I'm not dumb enough to run them while I'm driving.
In fact, my good friend is a LEO and a Camaro owner and he has the NightOwl system on his car too. They are all for show, but I would never use it on the road.