Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #29
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Cactuseater, I and other vert owners lived through your rants and raves on the vert forum. We all felt your pain and a lot of your pain and buyback has been of help as GM now takes care of ragtop issues, even extends the warranty.

Here is the deal: after all the ranting you did calling GM and their affiliates everything but your brother, please, please, please DO NOT carry on when this one disappoints you for whatever reason, we don't care. Personally 2x would be enough for me, but maybe 3x is the charm for you.

Plus I have seen numerous comments the 21" wheels cause suspension problems and doom the car to failure. But heard that on the internet, you never really know about such things.

Good luck.

All the ranting and raving over on the vert threads was in unison with other owners who were experiencing the same issues and having them dealt with differently by GM as a whole. Nothing at that time was across the board. Nothing, the only thing that was was the design flaw on the frame it's self that GM would not own up to for two years. That's a lot of owners with swimming pools for cars. And in keeping them honest, and in keeping the members advised (what this forum is for) yes I did deliver the goods along with pictures of the damages as they progressed. AS did many other members with the same problem(s).

I was fortunate to make the vert nightmare go away. I traded my 2SS/RS Coupe because I didn't want to deal with GM again on the transmission. That had issues as well. Move a few years onward, and GM listened and fixed the issues, and to top it off made a much nicer car. Look at the 2005 Corvette and the 2006 Corvette rear differential's. The 2005's would grenade, then in 2006 they are replaced on the line with a much more robust diff. Corvette drivers were furious over the drive train and made it well known. That is how change happens.

And the "calling GM and their affiliates everything but your brother" is just plain untrue. Singling me out over the dozens at the very same time with the same exact issues is a mute point and totally unfair. We all called them out on that car to make it RIGHT instead of ACCEPTABLE....and they seem to be heading in the right direction. We showed them pictures and videos of our cars and their flaws - and possible repairs ( one of which GM took upon themselves to do on the interim) that could shed light upon what was happening outside the offices and in the streets and garages of the owners. We asked for CHANGE to a known design flaw. And that is what we all want with this beautiful automobile.

On the 21's, thanks for the hint I will look into that. If it comes from the factory with the newer suspension parts (vs. the 2010 and 2011 years) the design is probably allowing the use of that particular rim and tire match. But, like you said, you never know until you ask around and find out. Some of us like what we hear, and then again we are told things sometimes that we do not want to hear - what ever the truth may be - it is what it is.

Best Regards...
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #30
berger6696

Drives: 97 Vette (sold), 13 SS 1LE
Where are you from? A local dealer had 4 on his lot last time I was there. All SS's.
berger6696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Angie, thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Sorry if my previous experiences with the brand were less than the best, they truly are beautiful cars. The experiences had more to do with the management at GM and their total arrogance at the time directed toward convertible owners with the known design flawed frame. This one car I test drove drives and runs world's different than those I owned previously. They've come a long way.
Np. I didnt mean to come off as a b*tch in my first post. I just thought it was odd that someone with so many issues would come back to the same car. Guess you really like the Camaros, lol!! I have a few friends that had major problems with their verts. GM took one back and the other guy eventually sold his bc of all the aggravation. I know they were a pain!!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
cactuseater...Motortrend did a test on the HotWheels edition and they also stated they thought the car drove better than their previous tests, even with the bigger 21" wheels. I can only assume it was because of the new FE4 suspension the 2012+ models have versus the FE3 suspension in the 10s and 11s.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_first_test/

I love the Kinetic blue on the HW edition...I'd take it over my Aqua Blue and that's saying something as I'm in love with the color on my car and wouldn't trade it for any other. They both look very similar in the sun, but the Kinetic doesn't have the teal hue in darker lighting that the ABM has.

The car is a winner for sure. Best of luck.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #33
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Yep, there are a few of us here... and yes, the suspension tuning was revised in 2012... now the 21s rides better than older cars with 20s.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #34
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
You will NOT regret buying that car. You will have lots of people looking at the car wherever you go. I can't count how many people have given me the thumbs up while driving by or who have wanted to have their kids sit in the car and take a picture.

Worth every penny if you are looking for a unique and rare car.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Very nice shade of blue. I would loved to have that color rather than BRM, but I did not want all the Hot Wheels decorations (personal preference).
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I say go for it. Awesome color. Moon roof isn't an option on the Hot Wheels cars. Does it have the dual mode exhaust?
Is this true about the moon roof? I could have sworn that when you could build 2013's on the Chevy site that you were able to check the moon roof option when building one of these.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #37
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
Is this true about the moon roof? I could have sworn that when you could build 2013's on the Chevy site that you were able to check the moon roof option when building one of these.
Was not available on HWSE.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

The other reason for buying this car...AWESOME pictures!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-J View Post
Was not available on HWSE.
Was there a reason for this? I mean I don't see any reason why, the car is physically the same as any other Camaro.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #40
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
Was there a reason for this? I mean I don't see any reason why, the car is physically the same as any other Camaro.
Due to the striping package on the car. The stripe on the hood continues on the roof and then onto the trunk. It is really wide and just would not look good with the sunroof.

Mods:
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #41
cactuseater

Drives: .
OMG !!!! Folks thanks for the pictures and the valuable input. That MT article is a good read. I am really excited about this thing, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Would love to have this thing come home with me before the close of business on the 31st.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #42
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I looked at a HWSE in September. I love that color but the dealers were not budging on the price at all. Ultimately, i chose to order a 2014 (i actually dig the refresh) but i do wish that blue had been available. The price you quoted sounds pretty good. My only fear would be how much abuse it has taken even though it looks prestine. Just puttin that out there.