Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #127
JohnsonJ

Drives: BLACK
Hey Doc. I love your spirit over there! Just continue pursuing. And in my opinion, Camaro will not lose the track.
JohnsonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:51 PM   #128
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
This concept looks fantastic in the fourth image. However, I still see too much influence from the Challenger from the b-pillar back in the third image.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #129
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
thanks for your kind words, I loved to work on the 7gen Back to pony design but I got too much hate here and I got tired of it, people here want something new, but then someone try a new Idea they burn it down on hate... even ¡n after taking the time to do a survey to see de general opinion of the Camaro as it is now.... maybe some day Ill go back and finish my concept, for now... best of wishes to you and your design! do no let Haters ruin your vision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Sorry to hear you were discouraged like that. This is a tough crowd. They say they want something futuristic and not retro, but when you do that, they complain that it doesn't have "muscles", "hips", etc. which of course are all retro features. For better or for worse, the look and style that people associate with a Camaro are the older styles. What I'm trying to do is find something that will have appeal outside the very small hard core enthusiast group. It's NOT an easy task. If you can ignore the negative stuff, I still think it's worthwhile trying to come up with something decent, just in case you actually do!
Keep it up guys, I (and I'm pretty sure many others) do appreciate your labor and understand how difficult it is to come up with a viable design as a hobbyist.

Doc, this current design of yours is quality and, if manufactured, would actually sell in decent numbers. I for one don't care for the rear section, but that's totally subjective and because this much retro turns me off. Also, the headlights need some HID/LED loving to avoid reeking of any crappy halogen feel IMO. Then again, I believe there is such a thing as good design and bad regardless of personal opinions, and this is definitely of the first kind

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:28 AM   #130
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonJ View Post
Hey Doc. I love your spirit over there! Just continue pursuing. And in my opinion, Camaro will not lose the track.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Keep it up guys, I (and I'm pretty sure many others) do appreciate your labor and understand how difficult it is to come up with a viable design as a hobbyist.

Doc, this current design of yours is quality and, if manufactured, would actually sell in decent numbers. I for one don't care for the rear section, but that's totally subjective and because this much retro turns me off. Also, the headlights need some HID/LED loving to avoid reeking of any crappy halogen feel IMO. Then again, I believe there is such a thing as good design and bad regardless of personal opinions, and this is definitely of the first kind
Thank you very much! It's truly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
This concept looks fantastic in the fourth image. However, I still see too much influence from the Challenger from the b-pillar back in the third image.
Thank you for the feedback. The shape of the C pillar of the original Mustang and then the Camaro, pretty much set the standard which was copied greatly. My C pillar was actually influenced by both the 1st gen and 5th gen styles, with a pinch of Ferrari thrown in. I slimmed mine down considerably compared to what others are/were doing. It would remain to be seen if I have enough to hold up to a rollover crash, but I'm hoping it would.

Name:  1968 Camaro.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  2010 Camaro.jpeg
Views: 285
Size:  22.7 KB
Name:  Challenger.jpeg
Views: 313
Size:  94.4 KB

The C pillar on the Challenger is much more like the original Mustang, but now that I've gotten a good look at the back, I realized that I definitely needed to change the tail lights of my concept. So here's what I have at the moment:

Does this work or does it look too movie car-ish?

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg 2019-0.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  52.1 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #131
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Working on refinements to the front. Moved up the DRLs from the front seam to below the headlights. Moved the front body seam up from below to the top of the orange running/signal lights. Small refinements to the upper grill opening in shape and size.

This actually looks pretty decent as a retro-ish design, just sleeker and more refined.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg 2019-1.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  51.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-02-2019, 04:32 AM   #132
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

More work on the front and some detail work. Here are a few shots in a different environment with some different colors.

When the Camaro first came out, it was available in a champagne beige similar to this:

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg2 2019-0.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  43.8 KB

I remember a blue like this but it might have been a Corvette color:

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg2 2019-1.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  44.1 KB

Another in a darker blue:

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg2 2019-2.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  40.4 KB

It's slowly coming together. I'm still not happy with the hood, and I want to do more with the headlights, but it's coming together. I think I'll come up with some aero pieces to give an idea of how it could look as a performance model.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-03-2019, 07:11 AM   #133
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
I was sold before but not now. Kind of a spaceship look with all of the lines running down the sides being parallel.

Just take a quick look at it w/o that line running through fenders and doors. You have to admit that if you have that line throughout the whole side then it tends to make things look square. I guess it was there before but now it seems to be sticking out a bit more and your use of the two tone paint is bringing it out as well. So either remove that line or ditch the two tone paints. Alternatively put more hump in the rear quarter. I do think that side vent stays though.

Note on the Champagne color. Although I do like the color it would be a total "chick car" in the say RS and it just isn't a muscle car color but hehh maybe it is a "Pony Car" color. BTW what cars are young women with a little bit of cash buying??

Last edited by CoolbreezeNJ; 03-03-2019 at 07:24 AM.
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #134
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
Alternatively put more hump in the rear quarter.
I'd like to see that also. I think it what separates the 1st gen from a lot of imitators. Some will say it's taking it too far retro, but if done correctly here I think you have a winner.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #135
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
I was sold before but not now. Kind of a spaceship look with all of the lines running down the sides being parallel.

Just take a quick look at it w/o that line running through fenders and doors. You have to admit that if you have that line throughout the whole side then it tends to make things look square. I guess it was there before but now it seems to be sticking out a bit more and your use of the two tone paint is bringing it out as well. So either remove that line or ditch the two tone paints. Alternatively put more hump in the rear quarter. I do think that side vent stays though.

Note on the Champagne color. Although I do like the color it would be a total "chick car" in the say RS and it just isn't a muscle car color but hehh maybe it is a "Pony Car" color. BTW what cars are young women with a little bit of cash buying??
The female market is one that shouldn't be under-estimated. That market segment is huge and it would be great if a simple color or two would bring in a percentage of that customer base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I'd like to see that also. I think it what separates the 1st gen from a lot of imitators. Some will say it's taking it too far retro, but if done correctly here I think you have a winner.
Something along the lines of this? This body line is pretty much straight from the 67/69 Camaro. The hard line along the side was also a look from the 67/69 but I guess that's too much angular on my concept. The rounded sides do soften the look a lot more but that's not a bad thing by any means.

There are certain hard core body lines that people expect to see or it isn't a Camaro, and that body line along the top fenders happens to be one of them. Doesn't matter what else you do; it has to have that long fender line leading into a hip at the back. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, but as a designer it does put a limitation on what you can do with the body shape. But hey, if that's what sells Camaros...

Name:  1969 Camaro.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  85.2 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-1.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  44.4 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-2.png
Views: 392
Size:  460.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #136
17rsvert

Looking good! Maybe but more curve up on the top front fenders above the wheels?
Old 03-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #137
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Looking good! Maybe but more curve up on the top front fenders above the wheels?
Added more curve on the top of the front fenders which you can see clearly in the second pic. Lots of small refinements in many different places. Revised the front DRLs; didn't like they way they were before. The only thing that still really bugs me is the hood; I just don't like it. I keep trying different things but none of them have really clicked with me yet. I'll keep working on it though.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-4.png
Views: 364
Size:  487.7 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-7.png
Views: 363
Size:  404.7 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-6.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  46.9 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R7fg3 2019-5.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  46.1 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #138
17rsvert

Better with the curves!
Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #139
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Curves are nice, but I felt that the previous version was too soft as a result. This version has a LOT of changes in many areas. Took some of the 'soft' out and gave it a bit more aggressive appearance, although obviously not over-the-top. Raised the height of the front lower intake and brake duct intakes. Still working on the hood. I'm trying a different style of tail lights that are similar in shape to the shapes on the diffuser below them. Lots of little things changed/adjusted too numerous to mention.

Here's my attempt at Hugger Orange. It's a very difficult shade to reproduce.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-0.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  50.9 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-1.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-2.png
Views: 349
Size:  486.4 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-3.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  42.7 KB

A couple in a different color that do a good job of highlighting the body shapes and angles.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-4.png
Views: 308
Size:  559.9 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-5.png
Views: 316
Size:  538.5 KB

And a couple of two-tone to show what it would look like with a more aggressive track-style paint scheme.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-6.png
Views: 304
Size:  528.2 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R9 2019-7.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  43.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #140
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
The rear fascia and taillight treatment looks awesome---it shouts muscle car and, perhaps most importantly, is easily identifiable as a Camaro. I'm still not in love with the front fascia, but I commend your efforts!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote