Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
1LT Brake Upgrade

I know there are various options for the front two but for the rear i wan't to get rid of the ugly stock calipers for some better ones. Performance is not my 100% focus right now but i do want them functional. In addition i do not like the caliper covers i've heard alot of bad things from them.

Is there any choice out there for us 1LT owners that want to upgrade their rear calipers to better looking ones?

Thanks in advanced bois.

PS: I thought of posting it under "Brakes and Suspension" section but i feel it is more fitting for us I4 guys/gals..
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Prolly gonna be stuck with caliper covers there is nothing wrong with them if your not going full on race build for awhile. They do trap heat that's the issue but if your not racing just spirited daily driving your fine. they do trap brake dust as well so you won't have as much all over your wheels making it a little easier to clean. You being in miami you don't need to worry about northern road salt getting jammed inbetween. Not sure if they offer a working rear brembo setup for us anymore.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Kaseikei

Sad D: I'm really against caliper covers. I might try painting ours at first and seeing how it comes out.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It'll be easier and more complete to paint if you remove the caliper. I'll eventually do that.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
Kaseikei

Yeah it's what i'm planning on doing. Ordered my INJEN evo today will be adding it soon. Will be doing most of my mods at a buddy's house who is modifying his 335i aswell.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
We looked into doing one for the rear, but the parking brake is in the caliper on the base model and drum-in-hat style for the Brembos. Plus it's electric. the base model uses an electric motor on each wheel, vs the V8/Brembo style that uses ONE motor, and a Y type cable. if you dont care about having a parking brake, its not too hard to get rear brembo's on the car.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #7
Kaseikei

Realistically there are no hills here in florida where i would need a parking brake and im Auto. Regardless i dont appreciate losing a functionality for looks. Will see thanks everyone
Old 02-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #8
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
We looked into doing one for the rear, but the parking brake is in the caliper on the base model and drum-in-hat style for the Brembos. Plus it's electric. the base model uses an electric motor on each wheel, vs the V8/Brembo style that uses ONE motor, and a Y type cable. if you dont care about having a parking brake, its not too hard to get rear brembo's on the car.
Funny, everyone was giving me so much shit on F.B. when I was trying to explain exactly what you just said. The the F.B. Camaro groups are a bunch of ****ing idiots.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
i will be selling my front 4 piston SS calipers soon ( 2 weeks) will include lines , rotors , pads ( 2 sets oem and powerstop ) 25k miles on the setup..

shipping might be crazy due to the weight of the rotors ..

DM ME
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
Zzsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Funny, everyone was giving me so much shit on F.B. when I was trying to explain exactly what you just said. The the F.B. Camaro groups are a bunch of ****ing idiots.
thats because FB is where all the cool/tough/most smartestest guys live. everybody knows that :P
Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
Kaseikei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
thats because FB is where all the cool/tough/most smartestest guys live. everybody knows that :P
I read this while logging out of my own personal facebook. FML Steve destroyed me
Old 02-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #12
Zzsteve

unless you are playing keyboard warrior, then this does not apply to you
Old 03-09-2019, 02:41 AM   #13
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
So, does anyone know exactly how the parking brake in the caliper works? Can it be adapted to another system?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #14
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
So, does anyone know exactly how the parking brake in the caliper works? Can it be adapted to another system?
It's a total nightmare. Leave it alone.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote