Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
$80 cold air intake

Awhile back I did a resonator delete tube and been wanting to take this project to the next step. My only problem is how to mount the maf sensor to the intake tube and how to mount it so it won't throw a cel. Here spectre makes an adapter tube in their 9405 3" adapter kit. I found it anywhere from $28 on ebay to $40 at box stores. It's a really straight forward install. Just 4 bolts to seat the maf sensor and bolt a filter on. Only other thing I did was cut apart a couple of adel's an bolt them to the rubber grommet (factory air box mount) and filter to keep some of the filter wobble down. Last step for this project will be to make a heat shield that will hold the filter in place.

All I can say is that this thing is really loud! Any throttle above 25% makes the turbo blow off and it spools louder than the stock exhaust. No cel's and the car sounds mean!
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Awhile back I did a resonator delete tube and been wanting to take this project to the next step. My only problem is how to mount the maf sensor to the intake tube and how to mount it so it won't throw a cel. Here spectre makes an adapter tube in their 9405 3" adapter kit. I found it anywhere from $28 on ebay to $40 at box stores. It's a really straight forward install. Just 4 bolts to seat the maf sensor and bolt a filter on. Only other thing I did was cut apart a couple of adel's an bolt them to the rubber grommet (factory air box mount) and filter to keep some of the filter wobble down. Last step for this project will be to make a heat shield that will hold the filter in place.

All I can say is that this thing is really loud! Any throttle above 25% makes the turbo blow off and it spools louder than the stock exhaust. No cel's and the car sounds mean!
Sweet man it looks good and really cheap to make...if you wanted a heat shield my buddy on here made his own. His name is Beast-Y-Blue if u wanna DM him
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:

Nice!! I actually made a heat shield myself for a ingen air box kit i had purchased back in august 2016, and decided i wanted more of that turbo sound. If i had to do it all over again i would go your route with a sligtly different design of the heat shield i made...
Check it out .

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506492

Last edited by Beast-Y-Blue; 09-17-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: More info
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I've bought the expensive one's and made my own over the years. Honestly, I can't tell the difference in performance and its way more fun making your own.

Beast, that is a super nice intake setup you made! Love it when people take the incentive to make their own stuff! One problem I'm trying to solve though is how to mount it. What did you bolt the bottom too? I was thinking of making some sort of a riser bracket. If you have any pics of the bottom outside of the box (under the filter) I'd appreciate it.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
I've bought the expensive one's and made my own over the years. Honestly, I can't tell the difference in performance and its way more fun making your own.

Beast, that is a super nice intake setup you made! Love it when people take the incentive to make their own stuff! One problem I'm trying to solve though is how to mount it. What did you bolt the bottom too? I was thinking of making some sort of a riser bracket. If you have any pics of the bottom outside of the box (under the filter) I'd appreciate it.
Its just attached on the sides and added layers of insulation glued and seal to form just one piece, completly removable. no vibration at all since most of the box is made out of a foam/aluminum insulation sheet
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote