Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #29
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Looking forward to seeing end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
That turbo cover is an eye sore. Im probably gonna pull it off and shoot it with high temp flat black. Ill post pics when i get it done.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #30
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
I cant get an email back from River City, If they can do some Carbon Fiber Looking red tint paint to some sections and then change the bowtie to a Camaro Red White and Blue Logo that would be a start and $150.00 would be a lot better then $266.00 for the OEM with the Red on it.

Will need to send them a 3rd email and see if they have any pics of any LTG covers they may have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
River city quoted me $150 to paint the engine cover with whatever scheme I decided on.

That being answered. You get a lot of why and why not, well some of us want our cars to look nice some want to race and go for practicality. Others like lights some can only talk about their wifes car and act like they own the car themselves.

It's all a personal preference I used to love going to car shows and seeing all the neat little details and personalization people did to their cars. It's not for everyone and never will be but to dismiss and put someone's decision down is idiocy at it's finest because we don't know what they were going for.

I'm almost at a hybrid end on mine I want mine to look nice for the handful of charity shows I go to every year but I want to take my car down the track as well and I remove un-needed things from the car when I do. Like light bar, amp/sub, train horn air tank and compressor, engine cover etc.

SUN I think you did a great job with your car may I ask how you did your engine painting it's something I've wanted to do and just can't find anyones brain to pick.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
I cant get an email back from River City, If they can do some Carbon Fiber Looking red tint paint to some sections and then change the bowtie to a Camaro Red White and Blue Logo that would be a start and $150.00 would be a lot better then $266.00 for the OEM with the Red on it.

Will need to send them a 3rd email and see if they have any pics of any LTG covers they may have done?
They are really shitty at getting back to people I've been waiting for the 50th anniversary orange paint code from them for months now i offered to buy the paint and even pay shipping they decided giving me the paint code was easier but still haven't seen it. Was gonna go custom stripes to match their fuel cover i got at CamaroFest parking lot party from them in july. Long story short prolly be more beneficial to call them.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #32
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
That turbo cover is an eye sore. Im probably gonna pull it off and shoot it with high temp flat black. Ill post pics when i get it done.
I got early presents from my girl this year she bought me the ZZP Heat Shield and Strut Brace hopefully getting them on this weekend.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #33
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Old 11-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #34
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
Looking forward to seeing end result.
Ok, got the turbo cover painted.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #35
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Looks good! I've done mine in high-temp gloss red.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
Looks good! I've done mine in high-temp gloss red.
Thank you!! You got a pic by chance?