Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #15
SUN

Drives: Camaro 2.0 2017 8 speeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
There is a launch assist table in HP tuners for manual transmission cars... I wish I had a manual transmission base tune to compare to so I could see how/if this could possible be used in a tune for manual guys or not.

The input it wants is RPM... I'd guess you can use this to adjust the launch RPM for drag racing... Pedal to the floor, limit it to what you want in first gear for launch? My table is zeroed out because I have an automatic car.
Jason can I do 2 steps with my 2017 ?
SUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUN View Post
Jason can I do 2 steps with my 2017 ?

There might be some kind of work around for an automatic car, but I haven't played around with it...

I thought of the idea of trying to fudge some of the numbers in say the Max Tq Gear vs Rpm table, say 1st gear below 3000 rpms, drop the tq to a low number. Or maybe the Brake Tq Limit table. That way you can maybe just flat foot the throttle and it will hold it at a specific number and when you dump the brake it will take off...

If it would even work, it would take some experimentation to get it to do what you want it to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #17
SUN

Drives: Camaro 2.0 2017 8 speeds
I want foot brake and gaz rev up more then I can ...
SUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUN View Post
I want foot brake and gaz rev up more then I can ...
If you want to rev up more than you can, you will need an aftermarket stall converter (which doesn't exist yet)... You can probably contact Circle D and have one custom made. The stock stall is the limiting factor on how many rpms can have load while not moving.

I can load mine up to abut 3000 rpms, but i can't hook there. I need to launch around 2500-2600 with my car, and not lose traction.

So my idea, would in theory, allow my to limit the car to only allow X amount of TQ (which I would have to figure out the magic number) while sitting on the line and only allow the car to rev to ~2500, with my foot all the way to the floor on the gas, rather than blowing through the converter and spinning the tires.

I want less, to limit the rpms at a stopped position. You want more, so you'd need a different converter which would allow for more RPMS at a stand still.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote