Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
disch

Drives: 2018 SS2 vert
Recline mod on verts?

So, I have read all the threads about the recline mod people have done, ON coupes. In one of the threads I remember reading that this mod will not work on a vert. Has anyone tried to remove the pins or is it a dead end due to space behind / sides of the seats?
disch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
disch

I'm going to pull the trigger on this when I get home! Just on the passenger side. My wife is 5'3" so the seat will be closer to the dash than the 'back seats'. She's had numerous back surgeries and if I can get her a little bit of recline over what she has now, I think it will be a winner.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Let me know if it works. I've considered the same. Drove my convertible to Florida back in November and it would be so nice for the passenger to be able to lean back further (and I would have liked to lean all the way back when I was passenger!)
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #4
disch

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
Let me know if it works. I've considered the same. Drove my convertible to Florida back in November and it would be so nice for the passenger to be able to lean back further (and I would have liked to lean all the way back when I was passenger!)
Exactly! We are heading to Destin in August, so I will be attempting it sooner rather than later!
Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
Drexler

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
Any success with this? My wife was complaining about the same thing on a recent outing and would love to recline further
Drexler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
chiefmg

Drives: 2016 2SS vert (wife's)
I did the passenger side on my wife's. It isn't a problem, same method as the coupes. I think the idea it couldn't be done on a 'vert is due to the different shape of the interior behind the seats, without anyone actually doing it. Seat reclines all the way back now until it hits the rear seat bottom.
chiefmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #7
Drexler

Awesome thanks for the response. Now I just need to search for the thread that states how to do it.
Drexler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #8
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
There is absolutely no reason this can not be done on vert. The problem is when jo blo gets in and moves the seat back it will run into the wider rear pillar and damage/twist the seat. As long as you always tell anyone getting including the 5'3" wife not to put the seat into the top support pillar you will be fine. BTW Seats come out very easy and this mod is also easy to accomplish. Best to have two people and something down to protect your rocker panel. Also do it with the top down for extra room.
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #9
HogmanZL1

Do you mind sharing a link to the fix so it's on this new thread and save (me) some time searching all over. Thanks
HogmanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #10
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508848

Here you go! Happy Modding!
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote