Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Few Silly Questions

Alright folks, I have a 2017 1LT 2.0T. I bought it when it had 5400 miles and now it has 8200 miles. The oil change sticker says to change it sometime around 9000 miles and I don’t know when the last oil change was so I’m praying it hasn’t passed 5000 miles since. Either way I’m going to change the oil sometime soon. I looked at the oil from the dipstick and wiped it off on a paper towel and it still looked yellow (like fresh oil) but it still looked a lot like dirty oil, so I’m guessing there’s no chance there’s sludge or any defects in the engine from it right?

Also, I’m following the maintence schedule on the handbook. But there still has to be more to ensure that the car lasts forever. What do you guys say? Literally anything that helps even if it’s the smallest thing like wiping off the engine cover once in a while.

One more thing, my transmission is shit and I know it. I’ve went to two different Chevy dealers and both technicians didn’t see or feel anything wrong, but I swear the problems stop when they’re in the car. When giving it very light throttle, the gears change so rough and hard (that’s what she said) it doesn’t seem normal (I’ve driven plenty of cars and never felt this). Also, when highway driving and I let off the gas and then press on the gas again the transmission shits itself and doesn’t know what gear to be in so it just feels like it’s struggling for a second or two. And, in first gear pressing the throttle just feels so weak (I know it’s a four cylinder but I’ve driven plenty of four cylinders that feel stronger than this) and it revs to like almost 3k for the first few gears and it’s barely moving. Am I babying the throttle, are my spark plugs or something bad? This most commonly happens when the cars still cold, but it still happens when it’s plenty warm. Although the car does feel like it moves a lot better when fully warmed up for a while. I don’t know, if you guys have any guesses or experiences please let me know.

Sorry if you read of all of this, and if you did, any help is appreciated. Thank you.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #2
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
The information screen on your gauge cluster will tell you the % oil life remaining. What does say? If the first owner took advantage of the first 2 free oil changes, any Chevy dealer can look up the service record. You may be able to get the next (2nd) one free.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
The car will start flashing service warnings on the DIC when the oil life gets low. If you haven't gotten a warning then you are probably fine with the oil change interval. It depends on driving patterns but many cars will go 7,500 miles or more per oil change.

Another reason to pull the service records would be to see if the previous owner had it in to the dealer for transmission issues and what, if anything, was done to address them.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1lt, 2.0t