Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #15
mtraininjax

Drives: Camaro SS
Gonna get the Michelin product

I have a new pickup of a 17 Camaro SS - Fifty edition and so far loving it, but I hate the Goodyear run flats. Rough ride, and it was rough coming back from Indy where I bought it.

So I am going to save a few bucks and get the same tires I had on my BMW Z3M Roadster, the Pilot Super Sports, greatest tires I've ever had on high performance rides. If I can get 20,000 miles that is fine for me here in Florida when it rains every day in the summer, but these are great tires. My wife has a MB GLE 350 and she has the Bridgestone product on hers, its fine for her big tank, but I love the Michelin product. So maybe in a few months.

I have 18,000 miles on these Goodyear Runflats, so soon I figure, by Summer at least!
mtraininjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #16
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtraininjax View Post
I have a new pickup of a 17 Camaro SS - Fifty edition and so far loving it, but I hate the Goodyear run flats. Rough ride, and it was rough coming back from Indy where I bought it.

So I am going to save a few bucks and get the same tires I had on my BMW Z3M Roadster, the Pilot Super Sports, greatest tires I've ever had on high performance rides. If I can get 20,000 miles that is fine for me here in Florida when it rains every day in the summer, but these are great tires. My wife has a MB GLE 350 and she has the Bridgestone product on hers, its fine for her big tank, but I love the Michelin product. So maybe in a few months.

I have 18,000 miles on these Goodyear Runflats, so soon I figure, by Summer at least!
Get the tire that replaces the PSS: the PS4S.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #17
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtraininjax View Post

yeah here in South Florida im at 17500 and my tires deff becoming slicks lol, Im due prob in next month or so so thats what im looking at, if you replace are you goin to get a spare aswell?? Im not sure how much room in the trunk for 1, thats my prob, or just big ass can of tirefix lol
Old 03-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #18
twoballscrewball

Drives: 89 Iroc Convertible, 2017 2SS Fifty
If you're not going to punish the car, I just had a set of General G-Max AS-05 All Season High Performance tires fitted on my 2017 2SS. I don't track the car but I do drive somewhat spirited on occasion, and so far they are very good tires. I had them installed in January so I have only had cold weather experience with them, but they seem to grip well. I can still pull the same 0-60 times as I was with the stock Goodyears. I think they have a 50k treadwear warranty and they're relatively inexpensive, I got all 4 installed for right about $650.
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
urirx98

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoballscrewball View Post
If you're not going to punish the car, I just had a set of General G-Max AS-05 All Season High Performance tires fitted on my 2017 2SS. I don't track the car but I do drive somewhat spirited on occasion, and so far they are very good tires. I had them installed in January so I have only had cold weather experience with them, but they seem to grip well. I can still pull the same 0-60 times as I was with the stock Goodyears. I think they have a 50k treadwear warranty and they're relatively inexpensive, I got all 4 installed for right about $650.
thats deff a great price and can get a donut for cheap also, I do not beat my car as its my local work and play, no track, i will deff look into these!
Old 03-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #20
weatherman71

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I have the exact same tires and LOVE them!!
weatherman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #21
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman71 View Post
I have the exact same tires and LOVE them!!

Not to hijack the thread but how's the dry grip on them on a warm day?

I'm curious how much of a performance hit I'll be looking at compared to the GY. I do not do any track events or take her to the strip. Just only spirited driving and enjoying some time on the twisties. I loved how you can throw the GY around into any turn and it holds itself well but these moments are very rare.

Recently one of my tires took some damage and I'm getting rid of all 4 since the GY is garbage in cold or wet weather (Root cause of said damage). And with the current $70 rebate on the General website it's now or never to take advantage.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #22
enzia35

I have those same Generals and they’re a very good tire.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #23
urirx98

Did you guys whom have the generals buy the spare tire set from modern spare or amazon, im interested in replacing the run flats but worry about not having spare in boot
Old 03-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #24
Spartan268

Quote:
Originally Posted by urirx98 View Post
Did you guys whom have the generals buy the spare tire set from modern spare or amazon, im interested in replacing the run flats but worry about not having spare in boot

I just pulled the trigger on them. For me personally my fiance has a BCAA (Equivalent to an AAA). So I'm covered for any flats or towing related needs. Therefore I won't bother with a spare 24/7. Only on a long road trip where I will consider investing in one which won't be for a while.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #25
urirx98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
I just pulled the trigger on them. For me personally my fiance has a BCAA (Equivalent to an AAA). So I'm covered for any flats or towing related needs. Therefore I won't bother with a spare 24/7. Only on a long road trip where I will consider investing in one which won't be for a while.
How much you pay if you dont mind me asking, TireRack is showing 806 before rebate for 4.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #26
enzia35

Quote:
No spare for me.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #27
Spartan268

Quote:
How much you pay if you dont mind me asking, TireRack is showing 806 before rebate for 4.

I paid in Canadian pesos so not the best comparison. But roughly $925 before taxes or rebate. I want to say you can get a better deal else where considering our dollar is terrible.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:10 AM   #28
urirx98

Quote:

Damm 650 installed, thats great, cheapest i found was 768 on discount tire rack, they offer a certificate for refund or replacement for 16-18 a tire for damages, i have to call them and find out if that also pays for repair, because tirerack is 20 more and they have tire warranty road hazard for 2 years included. both sites are also offering 70$ visa gift card from general, it will then cost me 130 to have guy come to house to install instead of sitting at shop for 2-3 hours

after actually stopping at a DIRECT TIRE LOCATION , they told me it would be little less then grand to install all 4 and that includes the certificates that is a automatic fix or replace tire if any damage for up to 3 years at their locations. Im thinking of doing it but still need to get my self a spare of some sort just incase

Last edited by urirx98; 03-21-2019 at 09:15 PM.
urirx98 is offline   Reply With Quote