Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Silentlegion

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Manual (Karnage)
Karnage's Journal Log

Warning: What you are about to read only a few can handle and the others have been consumed by the one and only KARNAGE! Readers be warned as this symbiote has merged with a serial killer named Cletus Kasady. Karnage was last seen in Houston, Tx tearing up the streets. You have been warned so please drive away or be consumed! .... like the intro?

Hello everyone just got my new 2019 Camaro SS yesterday 1/19/2019 and right once I saw it I had to name it Karnage after the comic book villain Carnage.

Today I drove her home and put a good 240 miles on the SS from Dallas to Houston. It was fun but the break-in process.... yup I see how people complaining about it but hey would you like a good connection with your symbiote or to be left dead on the side of the road because you didn't fallow proper proto call and now your car is having all these issues? Manuel is fun and man do these cars have some torque lol (only did from 1000-4000 RPMs) (tips on break in 4th gear can go to 80 mph without going over 4k RPMs since the speed limit was 75 I was able to shift between 4th, 5th, and 6th to get all RPM ranges without lugging. Also, Rev Match is my new best friend lol)

Well here are some pictures and hopefully I can go find a really nice place to get some good photos of Karnage.
Attached Images

Silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Beautiful car, and the fastest color too!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Ready the break in procedure's carefully. Not suppose to rev match until broken in. Don't want to mess that new beauty up before she has her chance to shine!
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #4
Silentlegion

:O no rev match... dang going to have to look at that again... thanks for catching that before any true issue happens but dang that rev match is very helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
Silentlegion

Looking at my manual it does not say I can not use rev-match for the first 1500 miles... so can you please explain where it shows for you just in case I'm missing something? Also, this matches my break-in process (post 4) for my manual but gives more in-depth information.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...light=breaking
Old 01-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
Matteoma1

Drives: Camaro ss
Very nice.... I don’t care what anyone says about the 19+ss I think the front end looks nice! Get it wrapped in some crazy carnage looking wrap and you’re set!
Matteoma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Sweet looking red 2SS!
Old 01-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #8
Silentlegion

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the likes. If you ever wandered how the rear view mirror looks when driving at night through the rear camera.... its actually not bad. The system dims the lighting so that it doesn't look like lights but you can actually see the cars front. I attached a picture to show but the picture shows it brighter than it actually is.

If you want to know about any other features on the Camaro for a 2SS please reach out and ill answer .
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #9
Silentlegion

Got oil changed at 711 miles, got told it was nice and sparkly in the oil so a good choice there. Also washed, clayed and sealed my car for the first time, found some area are easy to do and some areas I'll need to pay more attention to vs my last car.

Looking at getting windows tinted and possible CAI for first mods. Was told by the dealership that Catch Can will void the warranty but is well worth it by the guy's opinion but since I have the extended warranty that should cover the car if anything happens but if I ever want to end the warranty early or when it ends then I can add one in.

Shift points are clunky when going into 2nd and third and then when downshifting it won't let me go into 1st unless the speed is below 10mph... don't know if I need to force it but its never good to force something to do its job lol.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #10
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I'm digging the name and the reference. My yellow 1LE is named Weapon X.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote