#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2018, 05:35 AM   #29
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
a few updates/tips for those who are checking this for install tips

don't over tighten the BOV clamps otherwise the valve will not close as easy as it should..

started seeing a good exhaust leak at the manifold flange. pulled the passenger side apart and checked the flange and it wasn't flat. I guess I should have checked this from the beginning. I put it on a belt sander and got it flat again and it doesn't leak anymore. I plan to take a few days and pull the driver's side as well since it's ticking.

still learning with the eBoost2 but i've almost got the boost creep in check; but still seeing 9.7psi which is too much for the lt4 fueling.

Hope to bust out a low ten second pass soon.
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #30
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmix300 View Post
a few updates/tips for those who are checking this for install tips

don't over tighten the BOV clamps otherwise the valve will not close as easy as it should..

started seeing a good exhaust leak at the manifold flange. pulled the passenger side apart and checked the flange and it wasn't flat. I guess I should have checked this from the beginning. I put it on a belt sander and got it flat again and it doesn't leak anymore. I plan to take a few days and pull the driver's side as well since it's ticking.

still learning with the eBoost2 but i've almost got the boost creep in check; but still seeing 9.7psi which is too much for the lt4 fueling.

Hope to bust out a low ten second pass soon.
I know there is a lot of people on here like yourself, but how did you acquire the knowledge to do all of this this is hell of a build on a salvage.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #31
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
I know there is a lot of people on here like yourself, but how did you acquire the knowledge to do all of this this is hell of a build on a salvage.
thanks man

i'm a big DIY'er. So no matter the project, I don't get intimidated; just try to learn as I go and not make the same mistakes twice lol

I have built a few forced induction cars in the past and have done a few engine builds & swaps. I'd rather do mechanical and electrical work any day of the week over bumping and spraying.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #32
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

quick friendly run in mexico against a 5th gen that's under pressure. This car has a big blower cam, full exhaust & e85 @ 15psi boost. Car is making real good powa

going to add some water/meth & some timing to see if i can take the W the next time

Old 05-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #33
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Looking good. Would have thought he would have pulled away on you but you held your own. Are you going to use the Eboost to control the meth injection?
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:16 PM   #34
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Down in the southern Alabama heat. Did a few eighth mile passes. Car ran a 7.305@101 consistently with mega wheel spin/hop.

This is on stock pirelli pzero 20” with nine pounds.

85 degree weather with no tire or methanol.

https://youtu.be/FG6OwuiBVww
Old 06-08-2018, 05:39 AM   #35
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Looking good. Would have thought he would have pulled away on you but you held your own. Are you going to use the Eboost to control the meth injection?
Originally this was the plan. But I purchased the stage 3 snow performance and it's pretty much a stand alone unit. So I gave it a boost reference and called it a day. Currently, the control unit is temporarily by the shifter but plan to move it out of plain sight in a week or two.

Still haven't actually spray the motor with water/meth yet because dummy forgot the drill and 1/8th npt tap.. I'm going to have those tools in a few days and will finish the job and start trying it out.

As for the installation; it was super easy. I put the water meth reservoir in the trunk right next to the FPCM behind the carpet cover. The actual pump motor i installed right in front of the RH turbo air cleaner behind the headlight, it fit perfect like it was meant to be there.

After some fun stock wheel dig racing; i decided to throw some nt555r rubbers on the stock wheels for now. I hate spinning! Will post results with the tire & water meth in the next two weeks when I have a chance to throw some timing at it and run it at the 1320. Most of the tracks down here in Alabama are 1/8th tho so it might take some driving to find one

Old 06-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #36
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Here is a little more information on the water meth installation. i have the setup pretty much complete and i've been spraying it the past two days with good results. i'm seeing about .03 lambda richer on my wideband.

i configured the control for the water-meth to start tipping in the spray at 3psi and go full spray around 7psi.

i installed the NT555R tires on the rear and am hoping to make it to the 1/8th mile track in the next couple of days.

the third photo shows how out of sight the pump motor is in the engine bay. i prefer to mount this in the front of the car that way there isn't another pressurized line running from the rear to the front...

here are some pix of the install locations:

Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #37
Turbo_RORO

Looks good man. I'm getting closer on mine. On your meth setup what size nozzle are you running? I was running two 1000cc nozzles. I'm was debating going to a port injection but now it is looking like I'll go direct port meth. Any other updates on the car?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #38
Turbo_RORO

No bung on the meth nozzle?
Old 06-27-2018, 06:17 AM   #39
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
No bung on the meth nozzle?
Hey man, how is your build going?

I didn't weld a bung to the intake tube, instead I drilled and tapped the tube 1/8th NPT and threaded in the adapter that came with the snow performance stage 3 kit.

As far as nozzle size, I read in the included paperwork that they recommended #6 625 ml/min nozzle for the motor size/power level. I actually didn't have that size, I settled w/ their included (#5) 375 ML/MIN nozzle.

When I tested the system before letting it spray in the motor; that #5 nozzle was crankin out some serious mist.

i'm hoping to drive the car back to my home track in about a month and set some personal records. I have been changing the fueling/spark on the street with very good results, i'd love to see this thing on the dyno, it feels like a beast on the street.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #40
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
quick friendly run in mexico against a 5th gen that's under pressure. This car has a big blower cam, full exhaust & e85 @ 15psi boost. Car is making real good powa

going to add some water/meth & some timing to see if i can take the W the next time

Dude, we need to be friends so I can post videos like this. haha. As soon as I put up a SR video, I get a nice email from Mike. Insane build. I now feel more stupider reading this because..........well, I'm stupid and I'd never be able to do this on my own.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #41
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Hey man, how is your build going?

I didn't weld a bung to the intake tube, instead I drilled and tapped the tube 1/8th NPT and threaded in the adapter that came with the snow performance stage 3 kit.

As far as nozzle size, I read in the included paperwork that they recommended #6 625 ml/min nozzle for the motor size/power level. I actually didn't have that size, I settled w/ their included (#5) 375 ML/MIN nozzle.

When I tested the system before letting it spray in the motor; that #5 nozzle was crankin out some serious mist.

i'm hoping to drive the car back to my home track in about a month and set some personal records. I have been changing the fueling/spark on the street with very good results, i'd love to see this thing on the dyno, it feels like a beast on the street.
Its coming along. Torn apart waiting to decide on jethot, Swaintech, or Heatshied, or wrap, or maybe a mix of them all. She is going to be crazy though. Did you make it to Fest.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #42
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Its coming along. Torn apart waiting to decide on jethot, Swaintech, or Heatshied, or wrap, or maybe a mix of them all. She is going to be crazy though. Did you make it to Fest.
cool. i would ceramic and wrap. there is a boat load of heat in my engine compartment from the hellion turbo system. i think wrapping all the pipes would have helped some.

I can't make it to camarofest this year, too busy with the adult stuff