Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 03-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #127
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Well, my work here is done. I’ll pick the car up tomorrow when I get back from the gym, and bring my old parts home weather permitting. We only got a dusting of the predicted 4” and it’s all gone and streets are clear and dry. This has been a great ride and appreciate the compliments and suggestions. I’ll order the new hood tomorrow and I’m currently researching whether the OE drip tray will work on the AA hood.
Good luck to others who do this mod and don’t make it a one day deal. Take your time and do it right.... Peace!

Before and after....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I'm in the minority but that SS front end looks better, at least in that picture. Really like the SS front in general though, I think it's more sophisticated and better designed than the ZL1. Still love the ZL1 front end though
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #128
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Yeah, there are no gaps or misalignments anywhere. My buddy said it fit perfect on his car and when I was called for the test fit by the shop, they showed me everything and even said they were surprised in the fit and quality of the product and all they had to do was get it prepped, primed and painted. I told them to take their time as I was in no hurry to get the car back.
Just found out a few hours ago that AA is out is hoods and I was told yesterday they only had a few. I was like that’s okay as I only need one. Guess I’ll be running mine a few months longer.....

Old 03-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #129
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Chozn4service!!,
great job.. and I love your car's very rare paint color, too!!

Those pics make me want to go for the same modification.. I love the Ikon Motorsports ZL1 bumper!!

WELL DONE!!

See you!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #130
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
Hi Chozn4service!!,
great job.. and I love your car's very rare paint color, too!!

Those pics make me want to go for the same modification.. I love the Ikon Motorsports ZL1 bumper!!

WELL DONE!!

See you!,
Eos

Thank you Eos!

Picked it this morning from the shop. Was hard to get out if there with people coming up talking about the car, the mod and the quality of the parts. They said they’ve seen a lot of parts that come from aftermarket vendors that they literally had to fight to make them fit and work, and these one went on effortlessly.

I’m happy with the end results for sure. Now a good bath this weekend and get it right!

Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #131
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Looks good! How much it end up costing you?
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #132
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
Looks good! How much it end up costing you?

Total mod, bumper cover, lights and shop work (test fit, finishing, painting and install) has my out of pocket at $1708.00 complete. I may reduce that if someone local buys my near perfect SS cover for their V6 or turbo model.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #133
chozn4service

Oh and I’d be remised if I didn’t add the ZL1ADDONS Grill Screen for $39.99.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #134
chozn4service

There is an IKON 1LE/ZL1 bumper cover on Facebook market place and 6th Gen Camaro Parts For Sale in Laurel, MD going for $500. He also has the Gen5diy harness for non RS to RS for lights for $75.
He’s willing to ship Greyhound which is probably the cheapest way to go on an oversized item like this. Ofer at Gen5diy sent me an SS cover back in 2012 and it was less than $300 to ship but it took 2wks coming from Arizona. Theoretically you could be out less than $900 on this being shipped.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #135
VAAR

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6
Got mine on Amazon for $670 shipped. It came in 2 days and is at the body shop now. I can hardly wait to see it.
VAAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #136
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
Hey guys, I'm looking to add some ground effects to the vehicle as well as a wing/spoiler etc..

I've been window shopping through some websites and i stumbled upon IKON MOTORSPORTS, i see some of you have had good luck with the front bumper ZL1 conversion so i'm thinking maybe the quality of their other stuff is good too?

I was trying to build a full set of items but it seems their online store is a bit all over the place. I tried emailing customer support and email bounced back, tried using their form filling system and never got a reply.

Just looking for your opinions on this store as well as your past experiences. Also i will be window shopping between painted and unpainted products as a i might have it painted at shop nearby.

Thanks in advanced!

(Sorry to highjack thread but my OP got 0 results :C i just want some love )
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:17 AM   #137
OneHorneyRhino

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Convertible
Sto n sho fitiment

Quote:
Thank you Eos!

Picked it this morning from the shop. Was hard to get out if there with people coming up talking about the car, the mod and the quality of the parts. They said they’ve seen a lot of parts that come from aftermarket vendors that they literally had to fight to make them fit and work, and these one went on effortlessly.

I’m happy with the end results for sure. Now a good bath this weekend and get it right!

Hello good sir, I'm thinking of getting this bumper, but I'm not sure about license plate placement. Im thinking of using a sto n sho license plate bracket, but I need to know if the bolt locations on the bottom of the bumper are the same as OEM. I reached out to IKON but so far I've heard nothing. Do you mind posting a picture of the underside of the bumper or validating if it will fit or not if you find yourself having the time? Thanks!
OneHorneyRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #138
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHorneyRhino View Post
Hello good sir, I'm thinking of getting this bumper, but I'm not sure about license plate placement. Im thinking of using a sto n sho license plate bracket, but I need to know if the bolt locations on the bottom of the bumper are the same as OEM. I reached out to IKON but so far I've heard nothing. Do you mind posting a picture of the underside of the bumper or validating if it will fit or not if you find yourself having the time? Thanks!
Not sure when I'll be able to get pics that you want but this bumper bolts up using the existing holes, bolts and tabs as the OE bumper, there is no difference whatsoever.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #139
OneHorneyRhino

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Not sure when I'll be able to get pics that you want but this bumper bolts up using the existing holes, bolts and tabs as the OE bumper, there is no difference whatsoever.

Thanks! And that's alright, based on that I can assume it works.
OneHorneyRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #140
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHorneyRhino View Post
Thanks! And that's alright, based on that I can assume it works.

Yeah, nothing is different other than looks of the cover itself.