Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-25-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
What is needed in the next Gen Z/28?

With all the engine talk, platform talk. What is needed for the next Gen Z/28 to beat the competition? How do these help? Pros/Cons?

High Reving engine?
HP?
Tq?
Braking?
Aero?
Weight?

Anything that needs added to this list?

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
With all the engine talk, platform talk. What is needed for the next Gen Z/28 to beat the competition? How do these help? Pros/Cons?

High Reving engine?
HP?
Tq?
Braking?
Aero?
Weight?

Anything that needs added to this list?
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
To me the Z/28 should be this.

Take the ZLE with a hot LT-1.

It would easily be the best performing NA Camaro. And that IMO is what a Z/28 should be
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #4
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
To be honest, I don't think the Z is needed...period. I would argue that it is no longer relevant. My big reason for this is that the Z cars were never about being fully stripped down, track only kind of cars. They were great handling, but normal, Camaros. They had a full interior, they had this, they had that.... they weren't the fastest ones, but they were the best handling ones...

And with the creation of the ZL1 1LE, and how well the 1LE package is on the SS, I just don't see much point for GM to care enough about this setup. I mean really, short of building a full on track purpose car only, there is zero reason to do this..

That being said.... if they truly want to build a track focused N/A car.... Shaffe has already given you the right answer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
To me the Z/28 should be this.

Take the ZLE with a hot LT-1.

It would easily be the best performing NA Camaro. And that IMO is what a Z/28 should be
Old 01-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
To me a Z/28 need to push the line forward, its the test bed for the car, so what i think is coming in the next Z/28.

all new motor with 4 valve per 2 cam per, that is what the new C8 is getting and i don't see why it will not come out in the new Z/28.

one of the new tremco TR-9007 DCT 7-speed dual clutch transmission, i dont know of more then a hand full of cars that can use this.

think the rest is OK.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
To be honest, I don't think the Z is needed...period. I would argue that it is no longer relevant. My big reason for this is that the Z cars were never about being fully stripped down, track only kind of cars. They were great handling, but normal, Camaros. They had a full interior, they had this, they had that.... they weren't the fastest ones, but they were the best handling ones...

And with the creation of the ZL1 1LE, and how well the 1LE package is on the SS, I just don't see much point for GM to care enough about this setup. I mean really, short of building a full on track purpose car only, there is zero reason to do this..

That being said.... if they truly want to build a track focused N/A car.... Shaffe has already given you the right answer.....

This guy gets it ^
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 01-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
But thank god its not only you guys that have a say, unless its you Al, Jk
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #8
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
But thank god its not only you guys that have a say, unless its you Al, Jk
LOL
Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:

I've been saying this same exact thing for over a year. Why build another hardcore track weapon when the ZL1 1LE is already here? Why step on your own toes? There is only so much room for such a vehicle, let alone one company selling two of them.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I've been saying this same exact thing for over a year. Why build another hardcore track weapon when the ZL1 1LE is already here? Why step on your own toes? There is only so much room for such a vehicle, let alone one company selling two of them.
The GT3 doesn’t stop the GT2 or GT4. Some people want maximum horsepower and interior gadgets. Some want n/a and stripped down. You can do both, if they wanted to.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #11
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The GT3 doesn’t stop the GT2 or GT4. Some people want maximum horsepower and interior gadgets. Some want n/a and stripped down. You can do both, if they wanted to.
I completely agree there...BUT, the Z/28 isn't a stripped down/max power car. It's meant to be basically a road car....

Perhaps if they had done the 1LE as a Z/28 package....and then offered a 1LE S/C package....ok...that makes more sense.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
Bhobbs

The Z/28 is a Trans Am race car. The street cars were just to qualify. After the 2nd gen Z/28, GM just threw the Z28 badge on the base V8 car. It didn’t mean anything at that point.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #13
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Z/28 is a Trans Am race car. The street cars were just to qualify. After the 2nd gen Z/28, GM just threw the Z28 badge on the base V8 car. It didn’t mean anything at that point.
And yet, every generation Z/28, except the 5th gen, has been a normal Camaro with slightly better handling suspension and a little less power than the SS Camaro.

So while it's roots may have been Trans-Am racing, it was never a gutted, track car.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #14
Bhobbs

Quote:
And yet, every generation Z/28, except the 5th gen, has been a normal Camaro with slightly better handling suspension and a little less power than the SS Camaro.

So while it's roots may have been Trans-Am racing, it was never a gutted, track car.
Every generation but the 1st, 2nd and 5th. The Z/28 sold to the public may have never been a gutted track car but it wasn't just a decent driving car either. The fact is the Z/28 was intended to be a track car first. Why else would they be selling the street Z with a 302 small block?