Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #15
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Just got my 19 SS. Hardest thing to keep clean lol
Attached Images

Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #16
Jverado

Drives: 2004 Silverado, 2020 ZL1
It's a gorgeous color, lots of work but worth it if it's not a daily driver, in my opinion.
Jverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:34 AM   #17
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
It really depends on what you can put up with - mine is my daily driver and I've just had to accept that some days it won't look spotless. That's ok with me. When I was single I was obsessive about cleaning my cars, and I still care, but having a family I've learned to let go just a little bit. I love the color and it's that much more special when I get the time to make it perfect.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #18
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
If I ever go back to black, I'll put a self-healing PPF on the entire car with a top shelf durable hydrophobic (NOT ceramic) coating on top. IMO, Ceramic coatings water spot badly, so avoid them on black.

There is just no other way than PPF to keep the cleaning maintenance workload down without trashing the paint.

The mosaic black trim on my current ride is enough for me, for now.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #19
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I wouldn't choose black as a daily driver or if the car will be sitting outside. So far since I've had it ceramic coated, it has been so much easier to keep clean.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #20
MBrajkovic
@blackout__ss on insta

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss
Pain in the ass to keep clean, but when it is clean, no other color looks better!
MBrajkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #21
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Love mine but it is only clean for a day or sometimes for a few hours. Still love it my MB is white and it's no better looking clean.

PPF helps but you still see the dirt and dust. Don't sweet it just get what you love.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #22
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
Don't sweet it just get what you love.

Exactly. My old car was my show car and I kept it pristine 24/7, so I totally understand the desire to have something that always looks good. But it is just a car, and if you like the color and don't mind it not looking perfect every day, you'll be just fine!
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #23
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
If I take my California Duster to the car every evening after work once its been washed for about a week or so, the black stays very clean. It's only when I run in to some grime/dirt/water on the road that it starts to look dirty. Yes it shows swirls easier than any other color, but it's not a garage queen/weekend car for me, so I just let it go. Besides, after becoming a father, I just don't seem to care about how pristine my paint is as much.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #24
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
Black is black...love it or hate it........but people continue to complain however...they still get BLACK! That should answer your query, Dorthy. Before you get black you will doubt and stress.....after you have it ..you will be glad you didn't order something else!! 6 black cars....Cobra, Hyndai, Mercedes, Porsche and now the Beast...zl11le
Attached Images

fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #25
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Had two black ones, would've considered another one. Looks amazing when clean.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I don’t have a black Camaro (Nightfall Gray Metallic) but I do have a black SRX. I have used Blackfire Crystal Seal on the Camaro the past two years and then kept a spray bottle of EchoH2O waterless wash in my trunk, along with a California Duster. The Duster handles dust like a champ. Minor road dirt gets handled with the waterless wash in a matter of minutes. I’m going to do the same thing to the SRX when the weather breaks and I have the opportunity to do a full detail and paint correction on it first.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #27
DERPR30

Drives: 2018 RS CONVERTIBLE
I must like the black converts as I bought one,a used rental
I have not done anything but rinse and the paint still pops 3 months later
DERPR30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #28
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks
What is your possible black Camaro going to be used for? Is it a daily driver? Show/weekend, fair weather car? Only one opinion really matters and thats yours. I have owned a lot of black vehicles and it personally is my favorite color on just about any car. I almost bought a black 1LE before i found my red one, but the guy backed out selling it. A lot depends on the level of care and time you want to put into your car. It also depends on the level of cleanliness on your Camaro would be acceptable. Opinions will be all over the place on black because there are too many variables.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is online now   Reply With Quote