Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #15
Danelt2017

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT V6 Manual
I have been keeping my eye on the Phastek page and still no price. However, I did find a company that has it listed with a price and an option to buy it for $7,195.87...Seems a bit higher than I expected.

Edelbrock still doesn't have it on their site anywhere I can find.

https://fmsperformance.com/shop/supe...-supercharger/
Danelt2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #16
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I still could never justify spending $7000 for that. I hate the people that say "sell it and buy a V8" but that seriously is a much better option and you'd still have money left over for V8 mods
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:01 PM   #17
Danelt2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
I still could never justify spending $7000 for that. I hate the people that say "sell it and buy a V8" but that seriously is a much better option and you'd still have money left over for V8 mods
My explanation to anyone who says that is that I like 4 and 6 cylinder engines. I went into this car knowing full well there would be a struggle to find performance mods and it would always be slower than a V8. But thats the "enjoyment" I get from finding ways to make it faster. If this is truly the price point I am going to invest that money into a turbo system.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:02 AM   #18
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelt2017 View Post
I have been keeping my eye on the Phastek page and still no price. However, I did find a company that has it listed with a price and an option to buy it for $7,195.87...Seems a bit higher than I expected.

Edelbrock still doesn't have it on their site anywhere I can find.

https://fmsperformance.com/shop/supe...-supercharger/
That part number is a kit for a V8
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
The price difference between v6 to v8 superchargers should be small if any at all since the difference in part costs is tiny compared to the mark up for r&d and any custom fab parts... Which if anything would be more expensive for the trim with a smaller sale volume (v6), offsetting the lower cost SC unit.

So it makes plenty of sense for the v6 product to be about the same cost as the v8 as long as the kit is similar makeup (includes the same type of parts)
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #20
Danelt2017

I emailed a question to FMS performance about the listing and received a reply this morning. The reply I received, in total "Good morning, thank you for contacting FMS Performance for your Supercharger upgrade. I have been trying to reach my contact at Edelbrock about when this will be available and will let you know as soon as I hear something back."

So it seems they dont actually have product on hand and no idea when it will be available
Old 03-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #21
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
I emailed a question to FMS performance about the listing and received a reply this morning. The reply I received, in total "Good morning, thank you for contacting FMS Performance for your Supercharger upgrade. I have been trying to reach my contact at Edelbrock about when this will be available and will let you know as soon as I hear something back."

So it seems they dont actually have product on hand and no idea when it will be available
I chatted with someone on Edelbrock's website, and they estimated it could be available in the next couple months, but it sounds like they are still developing it, so that is purely speculation, at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #22
Danelt2017

Just as an update for anyone who is interested. I got another update from FMS Performance. They said that their Edelbrock rep got back to them and the supercharger is due to start shipping in about 30 days.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 AM   #23
cellsafemode

Edelbrock home base is about 40 min away from me. Wonder if their test mule is in the general area.

Installed for off road use only.. Of course.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #24
Randall08

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Warranty

Does anyone know what kind of warranty if any comes with the overkill supercharger
Randall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #25
Danelt2017

I wanted to update anyone who may still be watching for the Edelbrock Supercharger. I received a message from FMS Performance today. The person I have been in touch with said that they received an update from their Edelbrock rep that the Supercharger is being delayed for at least 60 more days due to CARB. They cant quite meet the Carb standard yet but hope to within this 60 day window. I am leaning toward this or going two small turbos if they cant get it together by the end of the year. If it comes down to turbos I will be building an LGX with forged rods and pistons since running stock examples are available for around $2000.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #26
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
Quote:
I wanted to update anyone who may still be watching for the Edelbrock Supercharger. I received a message from FMS Performance today. The person I have been in touch with said that they received an update from their Edelbrock rep that the Supercharger is being delayed for at least 60 more days due to CARB. They cant quite meet the Carb standard yet but hope to within this 60 day window. I am leaning toward this or going two small turbos if they cant get it together by the end of the year. If it comes down to turbos I will be building an LGX with forged rods and pistons since running stock examples are available for around $2000.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Of all the 3 supercharger kits available (or pending) for the LGX, this is the one I'm most interested in.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #27
cellsafemode

CARB compliance would get my money ...for sure.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #28
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Where are you finding forged rods and pistons ? Also if your interested we have a group buy going on for the rods we reached our maximum discount but you are welcome to join in $550 for the rods. We will be doing a group buy on pistons next. This is a great way to get the parts made without paying exorbitant engineering fees. Right now there is no manufacturer offering these parts and if you were to get 1offs made it gets pricey.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote