Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-22-2019, 05:07 AM   #15
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
And...results?
No before dyno... assuming whp was 364.
Headers on pump gas (93 oct..) 422 whp
Headers on E85 445 whp.

Not huge numbers but I am excited to drive it.

Hopefully, I will feel that in my seat of the pants dyno.

Car is still at the shop, asked Ted to drain the tranny and take a look in the pan. The Chevy dealer who had it last left it approx. 2 qts. low on fluid. That should happen today and I will be picking it up this coming Tuesday. Ted also suggested having the brake fluid changed out (I drove it so hard on the Tail of the Dragon last year that the brakes faded to almost nothing) and changing the thermostat while he was doing the headers. So that is done.

Full Disclosure - Lack of driving experience is what really led to the brakes fading that badly!

Next stop - Magnusun Town!
Old 02-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
Well, considering it is 82 out there right now, I'm probably gonna put the top down and go for a spin later this afternoon. For those days when it gets really cold, you know, down around 60, I just jump in the Silverado...

lol. I am in-between homes right now and travel back and forth between Chicago and South Carolina. Drove the Silverado down yesterday and it was about 25 degrees when I left - which is a heat wave for Chicago this time of the year.

danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #17
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Headers on E85 445 whp.

Car is still at the shop, asked Ted to drain the tranny and take a look in the pan. The Chevy dealer who had it last left it approx. 2 qts. low on fluid. That should happen today and I will be picking it up this coming Tuesday. Ted also suggested having the brake fluid changed out (I drove it so hard on the Tail of the Dragon last year that the brakes faded to almost nothing) and changing the thermostat while he was doing the headers. So that is done.

Full Disclosure - Lack of driving experience is what really led to the brakes fading that badly!

Next stop - Magnusun Town!
Are you assuming 20% drivetrain loss? That seems really high to me. Just math, I would say that those results are pretty darn good. Let's not guess about the base HP since we don't have real numbers and assume that we have a 15% drivetrain loss for the a8. If that's the case, you are running between 500-524HP.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

The Maggie will be an entirely different animal. Once you have that installed there will be no comparison. . .because driving on the street with the 650-700whp Maggie is stupid fun. Just think you will have nearly 800HP as soon as you say "go".

Regardless, enjoy the ride...sounds awesome.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #18
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Are you assuming 20% drivetrain loss? That seems really high to me. Just math, I would say that those results are pretty darn good. Let's not guess about the base HP since we don't have real numbers and assume that we have a 15% drivetrain loss for the a8. If that's the case, you are running between 500-524HP.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

The Maggie will be an entirely different animal. Once you have that installed there will be no comparison. . .because driving on the street with the 650-700whp Maggie is stupid fun. Just think you will have nearly 800HP as soon as you say "go".

Regardless, enjoy the ride...sounds awesome.
Yah, was thinking 20% loss. I am picking it up today. I will report back.
Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 06:41 AM   #19
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Headers on E85 445 whp.

I think that your 'before dyno' estimate is very pessimistic. I have seen charts from the Jannetty Racing dyno before, and the stock baselines for LT1 Camaros have been in the low 400s. In the past, Mr Jannetty has posted multiple results from installing headers on a 6th gen. One gained about 20hp and another (Fraxum's black car) was about 15hp gained. So working back from 422 would give you a more realistic idea of what the baseline might have been.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #20
Driski

Just back from Jannetty, hosing off the car, and putting it up for the remainder of the winter. The car definitely has more kick. I was a little frightened to really jump on the throttle due to the temps outdoors and fear of getting pulled over. Bottom line is I can feel the difference in the seat of the pants, and YES, I Like It!!!! Come On Spring. To be continued...