Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #99
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
can someone go into more detail about how you get the fluid level correct? The service manual says you can fill to the level of the fill hole, then remove 8 oz of fluid. How do you remove exactly 8 oz of fluid from inside the transmission?
Or, using the other method, how do you make sure the level is 3.2mm below the level of the fill hole?
Assuming you're using some sort of pump to put it in, just pump out 8oz into a measuring cup. After which that cup will never back into the kitchen and the wife will be pissed, so buy her a new one as a gift. You get double points!
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #100
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Assuming you're using some sort of pump to put it in, just pump out 8oz into a measuring cup. After which that cup will never back into the kitchen and the wife will be pissed, so buy her a new one as a gift. You get double points!
This is exactly what I did. I used an old water bottle and marked off 240ml/8oz, then just filled the bottle to that mark.

So if you want to be exact, use a measuring cup, put that amount of water into an old water bottle, and mark it. Use the bottle to put the trans oil into. Don't waste a good measuring cup and risk pissing off the wife

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #101
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
FYI - when Googling "Tremec Syncromax" I came across this article with some interesting perspective from GM and Tremec on the use of synthetic lube in the TR6060

https://www.powerperformancenews.com...eat-lube-hunt/
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:20 PM   #102
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
FYI - when Googling "Tremec Syncromax" I came across this article with some interesting perspective from GM and Tremec on the use of synthetic lube in the TR6060

Great post. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #103
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
never gets to the TR6060. it ends with the TKO600
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #104
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I changed mine following the service manual. Used the sensor plug as the drain plug,and masked off the surrounding areas with plastic. No need to remove the trans mount lol. Simple, clean, drain and fill. took ~3.5 qts Amsoil ATF once I removed the excess, shifts much smoother now.

Attached the service manual flush procedure. Again, no need to remove any bracing. Its not messy if you follow the manual and mask off the surrounding areas. I just used 3 zip lock bags and some duct tape.
Very cool, thanks for sharing, didn't want to remove the cross member just to change trans fluid.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:46 AM   #105
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Nice topic!

Does anybody did a transmission flush on Zl1 A10?
-guessing it’s a different fluid,
-suppose it’s a little bit different

I will appreciate kind of the same topic for an A10
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #106
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
Any guides for the V6 LGX ?
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #107
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
Any guides for the V6 LGX ?
+1, mines got 66k miles and I have no knowledge of service behind 60k :(
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #108
TheBusDriver

Drives: 2016 2SS (M6)
REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Given this wonderful article, and the list of theoretically compatible "Syncromesh" type gear lubes, has anyone tried any of the higher viscosity/viscosity index lubes, such as 'Amsoil Synchromesh' or 'Pennzoil Synchromesh'? It seems the 'Royal Purple Synchromax' is the winner among you guys.

BUT, depending on how thick the TR6060 likes its lube, dare I ask if better or more consistent results may occur using the Amsoil or Pennzoil due to their higher viscosity indexes than the Royal Purple Synchromax (remaining a more consistent viscosity through the temperature range)? These oils are thicker, and I'm not sure if the TR6060 prefers a thicker or thinner oil.

The Royal Purple Synchromax tests as the thinnest of all the lubes shown, does anyone know if that's what it prefers? Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, though it may seem as such. Lol
TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #109
Cechk01

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
REVIVAL

Given this wonderful article, and the list of theoretically compatible "Syncromesh" type gear lubes, has anyone tried any of the higher viscosity/viscosity index lubes, such as 'Amsoil Synchromesh' or 'Pennzoil Synchromesh'? It seems the 'Royal Purple Synchromax' is the winner among you guys.

BUT, depending on how thick the TR6060 likes its lube, dare I ask if better or more consistent results may occur using the Amsoil or Pennzoil due to their higher viscosity indexes than the Royal Purple Synchromax (remaining a more consistent viscosity through the temperature range)? These oils are thicker, and I'm not sure if the TR6060 prefers a thicker or thinner oil.

The Royal Purple Synchromax tests as the thinnest of all the lubes shown, does anyone know if that's what it prefers? Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, though it may seem as such. Lol
From what I have read, the TR6060 is designed for ATF i.e. thinner than regular gearbox oil, probably why so many people prefer RP synchromax
Cechk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #110
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
REVIVAL

I used the RP in my 2011 & 2014 V6's and it made a great improvement.
I put it in my 2017 ZL1 and it made it way worse. Even after I quickly had the stock lube put back in, shifting is still more notchy and grindable than before I tried to "improve" it.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #111
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Just changed to Redline D4.
Shifts feel more positive. Good improvement.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #112
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I called ams oil and they recommend their atf. Anyone run at the ams oil? They also didn't have a oil for the rear diff.