Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-30-2024, 12:31 AM   #29
Pickles

Drives: Audi RS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
I had a blowout on the 14. Had to put the top down and put it in the back seat.
Yes, that would be a good solution, problem is, can't do it with the Coupe, & there's no-one that has confirmed to me yet, that the rear wheel & Tire will be able to fit in the back seat of a coupe as there is doubt it would fit between the B Pillar & front seat when trying to gain access to the rear?. It'd be interesting to know if anyone on here has managed to get the 305/20 tire & rim into the back seat of a coupe?!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 07:28 AM   #30
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Yes, that would be a good solution, problem is, can't do it with the Coupe, & there's no-one that has confirmed to me yet, that the rear wheel & Tire will be able to fit in the back seat of a coupe as there is doubt it would fit between the B Pillar & front seat when trying to gain access to the rear?. It'd be interesting to know if anyone on here has managed to get the 305/20 tire & rim into the back seat of a coupe?!
I have, When I track I put a 285 in the trunk and the 305 in the back seat folded down. Passenger seat all the way up and tilted forward and it slides through and I do use a tire bag. My wife also has more than enough room, the seat will only go back about 60% with the tire behind the seat. She's 5'4" so you might want to test it at home.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:01 AM   #31
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I have, When I track I put a 285 in the trunk and the 305 in the back seat folded down. Passenger seat all the way up and tilted forward and it slides through and I do use a tire bag. My wife also has more than enough room, the seat will only go back about 60% with the tire behind the seat. She's 5'4" so you might want to test it at home.
I've done that several times as well when taking an extra set of wheels to the track (2 x 305 and 1x 285 in the back seat; 1x 285 in the trunk). The ones in the back had to oriented vertically, front to back in order to fit next to each other and the rear seat had to be removed. But if you were just putting one in, you could do that quite easily with the back seats intact an with barely if any need to move front seats forward from rear-most position.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:24 AM   #32
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Now all we need to add is some Corinthian leather and the transformation will be complete.
Everyone who complained GM didn’t advertise the 6th Gen Camaro enough were just misguided on who should be the spokesman:

Name:  IMG_2326.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  34.4 KB
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #33
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Everyone who complained GM didn’t advertise the 6th Gen Camaro enough were just misguided on who should be the spokesman:

Attachment 1149032
Absolutely. Maybe it's not too late to save the Camaro. They could put some ads together using Riccardo's voice via AI.
The Camaro should always be 1st and foremost about luxurious comfort. When I ordered mine, I tried to delete the Recarros and substitute Corinthian Lazy-Boys, but they didn't have that option on the order form. What gives GM?
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:53 PM   #34
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
You really made that yours, I approve. (100% serious)

That reflective tape on the door innards is a great idea.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:12 PM   #35
JimmyFD43

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
At 81, i’m guessing you really don’t give a shit what anybody thinks, and that’s the way it should be! It’s called making your life easier and at the same time driving an awesome car.
LOL...Nope..I do not...And I refuse to enter into any derogatory back and forth dialogue with ...whomever...AND, THANKS....
JimmyFD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:06 PM   #36
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Absolutely. Maybe it's not too late to save the Camaro. They could put some ads together using Riccardo's voice via AI.
The Camaro should always be 1st and foremost about luxurious comfort. When I ordered mine, I tried to delete the Recarros and substitute Corinthian Lazy-Boys, but they didn't have that option on the order form. What gives GM?
I always wondered how many Corinthians Chrysler had killed over the years. Obviously all of them because they’re extinct now.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:41 PM   #37
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Good on you OP for making your car exactly as YOU want it!

I wish GM used a few additional colors and surfaces to break up the sea of black interior.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 07:24 PM   #38
Pickles

Drives: Audi RS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Thanks for your reply, but I see you have an SS?....I don't think they have 20" wheels the same as the ZL1,..so dýou think the ZL1 wheel 305/"20" will fit?
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 04:43 AM   #39
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Modernspare.com. Fits in the trunk. I recommended one to a friend of mine with a '16 2SS convertible. 2 months after purchasing it he had a major blowout after hitting some trash on our poorly maintained freeways. He was glad he had a good spare but he did however, need to place the blown out rear tire in the backseat. If you DD or drive long distances a real spare tire is nice to have instead of plugs and goop.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2024, 11:14 AM   #40
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Modernspare.com. Fits in the trunk. I recommended one to a friend of mine with a '16 2SS convertible. 2 months after purchasing it he had a major blowout after hitting some trash on our poorly maintained freeways. He was glad he had a good spare but he did however, need to place the blown out rear tire in the backseat. If you DD or drive long distances a real spare tire is nice to have instead of plugs and goop.
Will the top go down over it?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:35 AM   #41
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Excludes ZL1, I would assume it also excludes SS 1LE, same staggered tire/wheel sizes, and the e-diff. I'm thinking that tire would be quite dangerous on any axle. I will stick to plugs, goop, etc.

I agree, the peace of mind would be nice, but driving on that would not give me peace of mind, either.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 01:06 PM   #42
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Excludes ZL1, I would assume it also excludes SS 1LE, same staggered tire/wheel sizes, and the e-diff.
Correct - they make this one for the ZL1 and 1LE applications:
Attached Images

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote