Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Arrow Official Chevrolet Performance Parts Thread

Attached is a great link / resource to all of the GM Performance Parts.

We will use this thread to add items as they come available and discuss everything from wish lists to current product experiences.

Name:  6g.JPG
Views: 6734
Size:  83.0 KB

Quick Links:

Aero

Brakes

Drag Race

Exhaust

Intake

Suspension

Underhood

All Assessories

mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:06 AM   #2
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
I wonder how they are getting 600+ horsepower out of the LT1. Also with them adding the ZL1 to the program what is it going to put out.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
If this is right, I can now add LT headers, CAI, axel back exhaust without voiding the warranty? Will they also be adding a tune, to pull it all together?

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nice!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
If this is right, I can now add LT headers, CAI, axel back exhaust without voiding the warranty? Will they also be adding a tune, to pull it all together?
Read the fine print carefully

Quote:
The parts listed on this site are intended for installation in competition vehicles for operation in drag racing applications only. By “competition vehicles,” GM means vehicles (i) used exclusively for competitions organized and sanctioned by a local or private body and (ii) not designed for use on public streets or highways. Consumers are strongly advised not to install parts accompanied by this warning on vehicles that will be driven on public roads. They have not been designed or tested for crashworthiness or to meet the safety needs of the motoring public, and they may not meet the full durability requirements that Chevrolet validates for its street legal, production vehicle components.
U.S. federal and state, and Canadian law prohibit an automobile manufacturer or dealer from removing, modifying or rendering inoperative any part installed on a motor vehicle in compliance with an applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. Further, U.S. federal and state, and Canadian law prohibit any person from knowingly removing, modifying, or making inoperative, or causing someone to remove or render inoperative, or otherwise tampering with, any part or element of design installed in compliance with motor vehicle emission standards on a motor vehicle or nonroad vehicle, or otherwise modifying any required emission and noise control system.
Unless specifically noted to the contrary herein, vehicles equipped with Chevrolet Drag Racing Parts may not meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and should not be operated on public roads. Installation or use of these parts on a vehicle operated on public streets or highways is also likely to violate U.S., Canadian, and state and provincial laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions. U.S. federal and state, and Canadian provincial agencies have the authority to administer substantial monetary penalties against individuals and companies who do not comply with these laws. Chevrolet Performance customers are responsible for ensuring their use of Chevrolet Drag Racing Parts complies with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations and ordinances, and for ensuring that modified vehicles are operated in a manner that complies with applicable laws.
The use of these components in a GM vehicle may adversely affect the original intended performance or handling characteristics of the vehicle. These parts are designed and intended to be used with experts supervising their installation and use, to help assure the proper and safe operation of the vehicle. While these components themselves are warranteed against defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months / unlimited miles, the use of certain Chevrolet Drag Racing Parts in a GM vehicle may result in the failure of other components or systems in the vehicle, which would not be covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. For Drag Racing Parts in this designated with an asterisk (*), installation of such parts may void part or all of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Otherwise, vehicles do retain their New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage with Chevrolet Performance components installed by an authorized GM Dealer or qualified Independent Service Center.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
Pretty much the same rules apply as buying anywhere else except you will be safer with the CAI and small items installed at the dealer.

The 2018 Drag Development Car video mentioned tune. I'm thinking this would be available with headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Read the fine print carefully
Thanks for this post, but can you provide the link. I'm also curious as to where the * is next to parts so we know which will and will not void warranty.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-29-2018, 11:47 AM   #8
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Pretty much the same rules apply as buying anywhere else except you will be safer with the CAI and small items installed at the dealer.

The 2018 Drag Development Car video mentioned tune. I'm thinking this would be available with headers.

Thanks for this post, but can you provide the link. I'm also curious as to where the * is next to parts so we know which will and will not void warranty.
Click on any of the part numbers from the link you provided and that big disclaimer pops up full screen.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:

I just clicked on the part number provided on the headers in the link you posted.

In the page you linked too, scroll down to the headers and click on that part number.
That brings up the page that I quoted the information from.

I also am confused about the "*" they mentioned.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
I just clicked on the part number provided on the headers in the link you posted.

In the page you linked too, scroll down to the headers and click on that part number.
That brings up the page that I quoted the information from.

I also am confused about the "*" they mentioned.
I understand it now. The only ones that have links on the part# are the ones you would expect might void warranty so it goes to that page. I think they meant to say"Ɨ" instead of "*".
Old 03-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
I went to the dealership before doing mods on my SS and they said no tune for the headers. Take that for what it’s worth my dealership could be dumb idk
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
I went to the dealership before doing mods on my SS and they said no tune for the headers. Take that for what it’s worth my dealership could be dumb idk
You actually just hit on one of the main issues with some of this.

Many dealers don't have a clue and you'll drive out of there troubleshooting check engine lights.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #13
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
You actually just hit on one of the main issues with some of this.

Many dealers don't have a clue and you'll drive out of there troubleshooting check engine lights.
That is just the beginning. I can only imagine the horror stories that will come of having a dealer do your mods. Many years ago I had GM master mechanic and service manager that told me to never let a dealer modify your car even with GM parts, always do it yourself instead so it gets done right.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #14
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Are the prices for these items generally negotiable from the dealer?
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote