Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Tell me about my Camaro

Hey Guys, I really like going fast. But I like going faster then other people even more! Where do our cars outperform others? I have a automatic 2011 V6. If I could set up any race what would give me the biggest advantage? Start from 0 mph? Rolling start? Do I just put it in sport mode and push the pedal to the floor? or do I slowing give it the gas? Does the opposing car make a difference? I have a friend with a 07 mini cooper S and a friend with a 11 impreza. How do I get the most out of my car?

Thank you!

Btw anything besides a CAI that could really help me out? Less than $500..
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Look in to a VMAX ported throttle body. It is $150 plus a $200 refundable core charge. It will get rid of the dead spot at low RPM. Just do a search on the site and you will find all the info you need. As far as racing goes, it has been my experience that our cars do best from a roll. Remember our cars are heavy and take alot to get rolling but are really good once the get rolling.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
That will work with my v6?
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I would honestly get an intake manifold insulator. You can get either the MACE or the RX one. The MACE one gives you better low end torque gains and pulls hard all the way to redline. The RX one gives more top end horsepower. I have the MACE and love it! It makes a huge difference.

You could also get a MACE Ported Manifold. Its 625 with a core charge but you get 300 of that back. Don't know if that's in your budget but it's easily one of the best bolt-on mods available. I have it and it made a world of difference in how the car feels and boy does this car fly now

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
These are your best race situations.
1. Go from a dead stop (Sport mode - computer doing the shifting)
2. Go from around 40-45 mph (but be careful to stay under 50mph or you'll end up at a low rpm in 3rd gear). So a start around 40 mph would be safe and should put you at a decent rpm in 2nd gear.

Stay away from starts around 25 - 35 mph. That will get you stuck at a low rpm in 2nd gear and your car will be sluggish
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, fast, race, speed, v6 auto