Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #29
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Run away from any car with a branded title, lemon law or not, unless you want to own the car for the rest of your life.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #30
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
In August i could have bought a new 1SS 1LE for $38,080. No other options on it other than the 1LE, but was 0 mile full warranty, new.

I ended up buying a HyperBlue 1SS 1LE for $40k, but the car had the PDR ($1400?) and Black LightUp Bowties ($400).

To be honest, the white used one is a no option car and should be no more than $30-31k
Every cpo 2018 1le I’m finding is listed 36k plus...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #31
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Slow down guys, there's a lot of jumping the shark going on here. There's nothing wrong with buying a lemoned car provided that the necessary repairs have been done, there's an additional warranty and paperwork to backup those repairs.

In regard to Van Horn Ford and Chevrolet in Newhall, IA, all it takes is a phone call and they'll tell you all about their business model. They are the nicest folks I have ever dealt with. I bought my 16 2SS from them. At the time it had 7,500 miles came with the remainder of the factory warranty and another 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on top of that. I flew from D.C. to Iowa to pick it up and drove the 13+ hour drive back home last November. I have not had a single problem out of it, not a single one, but mine was not a buyback.

They do buy buybacks from auction. It is something that they specialize in and they make no quarrels about telling customers up-front if a car they are interested in is a buyback. They will provide the backstory about the vehicle, maintenance history and anything else an interested purchaser would want to know. They are well adept into buying only buybacks that had minor issues where the servicing dealer could not correctly diagnose the issue (basically capitalizing on a dealer's service personnel incompetence).

Not all buybacks are the same and there are buybacks that take place that will not appear on any vehicle history report (Autocheck or CarFax). These buybacks are sold at auctions so unless it is flagged in the vehicle history report or disclosed by an honest dealer, you may never know that your pride and joy was a buyback.

It's also worth mentioning that lemon laws vary from state to state, so what could be a lemon in GA may not be in VA.

And also, the full factory warranty remains intact as will any extended protection plans. It's up to the buyer to decide whether it's something that makes financial sense for them but also should signal the buyer to do their due diligence.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #32
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
The white one is a lemon buyback
How can you tell?

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #33
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Used Car prices are plunging 1LE 2018 unreal price

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
How can you tell?

Bill

Besides the carfax posted in post 29 and the response a few posts above that which stated that it’s listed on CarGurus and the autochex says so in post 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:37 AM   #34
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Besides the carfax posted in post 29 and the response a few posts above that which stated that it’s listed on CarGurus and the autochex says so in post 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! Now I feel stupid. I thought I had gone through most of the thread.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #35
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
I actually was considering the white one in Iowa, but yes the buy back and the fact I would have to transport it back to Texas really didn't make it much of a deal for me. Ended up transferring an '18 SS 1LE from Carmax in GA, 3K mile car to Katy, Texas. In process of that now. In regard to 1LE they're a pricing anomaly because they're never much more than a regular 1SS. My thought is, they get priced as a 1SS or 2SS if it is one, because that's what they are as a model. Now far as the option and added value, I am sure it does, but I can't help to think WHAT IF, the 1LE own model and not an option, would the effect the value? Because it's like these cars are the biggest open secret on the used car market that they're helluva a deal for what they are. But from shopping for them, I can tell you this, 1LEs sell quick, like I've seen a matter of hours they're sold, or less than a week. Crazy.
12 F150 5.0 Lariat Super Crew - Stock daily
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #36
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil350 View Post
I actually was considering the white one in Iowa, but yes the buy back and the fact I would have to transport it back to Texas really didn't make it much of a deal for me. Ended up transferring an '18 SS 1LE from Carmax in GA, 3K mile car to Katy, Texas. In process of that now. In regard to 1LE they're a pricing anomaly because they're never much more than a regular 1SS. My thought is, they get priced as a 1SS or 2SS if it is one, because that's what they are as a model. Now far as the option and added value, I am sure it does, but I can't help to think WHAT IF, the 1LE own model and not an option, would the effect the value? Because it's like these cars are the biggest open secret on the used car market that they're helluva a deal for what they are. But from shopping for them, I can tell you this, 1LEs sell quick, like I've seen a matter of hours they're sold, or less than a week. Crazy.
What was the buying experience for as far as it being in another state? Did you test drive the car? Who set up the shipping? Ty
Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #37
DarkneSS.

Drives: 2016 2SS
I love my 2SS but I wish I waited for the 1LE
DarkneSS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #38
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
What was the buying experience for as far as it being in another state? Did you test drive the car? Who set up the shipping? Ty

I dealt with a sales woman at the location close to me, they handle transportation after you pay for the transportation cost. Norcross, GA to Katy, TX was $449. You don't get to drive the car until it gets here, how ever you don't purchase the car till it gets here. So if it's not what you want, you're out the transportation cost but you're not obligated to purchase the car.

It's the same risk you take buying anything out of state, air fare, etc. With that said, the price of the car with transportation puts it at $500 less than a car local to me that's comparable. The car here is a '17 with 7K miles, this is an '18 with 3K. When the car gets to your state they handle the title/inspection aspect of it. If you purchase a vehicle in another state, chances are they won't charge you their states taxes but you'll be responsible for it upon registration in your home state.

They have a Vehicle history report as well as I had my local Chevrolet dealer run the warranty history in search of any anomalies to make sure there were no issues. Last thing I wanted was a car that had 3K miles because it kept breaking.
12 F150 5.0 Lariat Super Crew - Stock daily
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #39
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil350 View Post
I dealt with a sales woman at the location close to me, they handle transportation after you pay for the transportation cost. Norcross, GA to Katy, TX was $449. You don't get to drive the car until it gets here, how ever you don't purchase the car till it gets here. So if it's not what you want, you're out the transportation cost but you're not obligated to purchase the car.

It's the same risk you take buying anything out of state, air fare, etc. With that said, the price of the car with transportation puts it at $500 less than a car local to me that's comparable. The car here is a '17 with 7K miles, this is an '18 with 3K. When the car gets to your state they handle the title/inspection aspect of it. If you purchase a vehicle in another state, chances are they won't charge you their states taxes but you'll be responsible for it upon registration in your home state.

They have a Vehicle history report as well as I had my local Chevrolet dealer run the warranty history in search of any anomalies to make sure there were no issues. Last thing I wanted was a car that had 3K miles because it kept breaking.
Great information thank you very much! A few weeks ago I test drove one here, did not end up buying it but kept the sales person’s email. He told me he was part of a large network of Chevrolet dealers and may be able to help me purchase a car that is out of state. Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #40
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Thoughts on this 2017 2SS? Looks like 700 miles worth of test drives but has never been sold. Over 500 days on the lot it appears. They just dropped the price a bit more with winter right around the corner. Any concerns with a car that has sat around so much?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=169317398
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #41
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
Thoughts on this 2017 2SS? Looks like 700 miles worth of test drives but has never been sold. Over 500 days on the lot it appears. They just dropped the price a bit more with winter right around the corner. Any concerns with a car that has sat around so much?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=169317398
Seems 1-2k high but check kbb.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #42
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Well that explains my Carmax valuation of 28k for my 2018 1LE with 2700 miles. Lol

I knew I would be losing my arse on depreciation when I bought it, but damn, didnt think I would lose $15 grand in value in a year. Looks like I'll be driving this thing until the wheels fall off.