Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
mattuz

Drives: 2011 victory red camaro
Any one had their rims refinished to factory finish

The rims on my 2011 RS are peeling very bad, so I'm going to have them sandblasted by a shop, and hopefully they can refinish them to look like factory. Anyone ever did this? And if so got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
A local tire shop marred my original RS wheels by using a tool that wasn't padded. They sent out my wheels to a place in Miami that supposedly refinishes wheels, but they came back worse than they left. Someone on here described the process at one time. It's supposedly just not a single paint color. I'd ask whomever you find if they have done them before. I've got a full set for sale, but shipping to KY would be expensive.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Many wheel refinishing places out there. Google, yelp, etc.. Just depends on your area whether or not there's a local place. Certainly in the big cities, there are many choices. Powdercoat finishes will be among the most durable. But color choices will be more limited than traditional paints. You're going to be without wheels for a while.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
It would probably be easier and cheaper to buy someones take off wheels. There are a lot of them listed by members here in the classified section. Used stock wheels are usually very inexpensive for a set of four. I sold mine locally for $325.00 for the set of four in great condition. They just don't seem to bring much money.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Matching color may be tought. I painted mine 3 years ago....still look great. Just scuffed and shot em.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
mattuz

Drives: 2011 victory red camaro
Thank for all your replies, I also thought about going with some replica ZL1 wheels, but not sure how I feel about that. Any opinions?

mattuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Had one wheel refinished on my Encore that got damaged when I was changing the tire and it fell over face first on the asphalt. Just cost me $50, for the smoked polished wheel.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #8
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattuz View Post
Thank for all your replies, I also thought about going with some replica ZL1 wheels, but not sure how I feel about that. Any opinions?

Beware of the cheap wheels out there.