Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #15
Race Car

Drives: 997 2S, 991.2 GT3, ZLE 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf View Post
The value proposition vs. a GT3 is too difficult to ignore haha. Hoping I love it on track.
I've been a Porsche fan for 30+ years... but I'm fed up with the antics. There is a GT2RS reservation holder on rennlist, that was told MSRP only to have them say the mark up would be $250k over MSRP.... that's some BS. But Porsche continues to allow it. Ive just about had enough of it.
Race Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #16
GRZL11LE

Drives: 570 S, C63 AMG, E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Car View Post
I've been a Porsche fan for 30+ years... but I'm fed up with the antics. There is a GT2RS reservation holder on rennlist, that was told MSRP only to have them say the mark up would be $250k over MSRP.... that's some BS. But Porsche continues to allow it. Ive just about had enough of it.
Agree, I've had two 991.1 GT3's, but its exceedingly hard to get a new GT3 or RS variant....I'm on the list now for a 991.2 GT3 but still not sure if I'll actually get one.......
2016 M2
2017 Honda Civic Si (The daily)
1995 E36 M3
GRZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #17
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
ahhh you found a NGM one. I've sort of been thinking about trading mine.
Check Rydell.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #18
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZL11LE View Post
Agree, I've had two 991.1 GT3's, but its exceedingly hard to get a new GT3 or RS variant....I'm on the list now for a 991.2 GT3 but still not sure if I'll actually get one.......
Ditto. Also on the next gt4 list but the ZL1 will tide me over nicely in the meantime.
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #19
bkatzman

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1/1LE
Love the stance guys!!!
Attached Images

bkatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #20
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Thought of leaving the brakes as is for the first track day but glad I changed the brake fluid last night. Very noticeable amount of air in the line. Switched to Endless RF-650.
Nice catch Ben.

I can't wait to put mine up on the Rack and do a dry Shake Down.

I'll post a list if/when I find anything.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM   #21
bensf

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
ahhh you found a NGM one. I've sort of been thinking about trading mine.
I wanted either black or grey but could not decide. I lucked out in that the decision was made for me. I couldn't find a black one lol
bensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #22
bensf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZL11LE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Ditto. Also on the next gt4 list but the ZL1 will tide me over nicely in the meantime.
I'm in the same boat. On the list for a GT3 RS. Who knows if I'll actually get a chance to get one.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #23
bensf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Nice catch Ben.

I can't wait to put mine up on the Rack and do a dry Shake Down.

I'll post a list if/when I find anything.
Sounds great. The more information the better.

I changed the differential fluid last night. Drained the engine oil but could not get the filter off lol. I'll pick up an oil filter wrench today and finish up tonight.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:56 AM   #24
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Beautiful car! I'm definitely doing my research now on what next car to get since I sold my car due to my deployment. So many decisions, between the ZL1/1LE, GTR or a Hellcat again. I'm unsure on what to do. I love Chevy and what it has done with the Camaro since '10. Yours looks amazing!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #25
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Congrats to the OP! Have fun racking up miles in that beast!

All these guys coming from highlines like Porsche and such. Makes me feel like I gotta pickup some grey poupon, brie cheese and upscale crackers.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #26
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:

Thanks. Have you put it on track yet? If so what do you think vs. your GT3?

Thank you!

The value proposition vs. a GT3 is too difficult to ignore haha. Hoping I love it on track.
Yes. You will definitely feel the weight in the ZL1 or ZL1 1LE verses the GT3. There is just more mass to deal with. Still, the ZL1 drives lighter than it is and in my opinion, the low-end torque is much more entertaining than high revving GT3. You could sometimes be out of your power band in the GT3 depending on the course and the gear needed. Not so with the ZL1.

I liked having more meat on the front end with the 285's. I would have to go in slower to a turn with the GT3 to avoid washing out and understeering or trail brake or both. You can drive the ZL1 differently. (don't get me wrong, the GT3 was very fast and neutral driven correctly).

I think the rear end biased launch is better in the GT3. All that weight sitting on those fat tires always seemed to be magic.

The GT3 felt more like a scalpel than the ZL1's sledgehammer but both are fun in different ways.

The ZL1 is fun trying to get the power delivery right. The car is much faster with all aids off... but you have to control slip.

Now, bottom line, I didn't have the 991, but with the 997, I find I am running faster times with the ZL1, having more fun and doing all of this at a fraction of the price point.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..

Last edited by MoreSpeed; 10-19-2017 at 03:10 PM.
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #27
Race Car

Drives: 997 2S, 991.2 GT3, ZLE 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post

All these guys coming from highlines like Porsche and such. Makes me feel like I gotta pickup some grey poupon, brie cheese and upscale crackers.
I'm trading in my weisbier for some miller highlife, and my lederhosen for a trucker hat
Race Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #28
bensf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkatzman View Post
Love the stance guys!!!
Yours looks amazing in black. I could have gone either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Beautiful car! I'm definitely doing my research now on what next car to get since I sold my car due to my deployment. So many decisions, between the ZL1/1LE, GTR or a Hellcat again. I'm unsure on what to do. I love Chevy and what it has done with the Camaro since '10. Yours looks amazing!
Thanks you. Those are all great cars. Fortunately my decision was easier than your since track readiness was a high priority for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post

Thanks! I'm pretty certain I will. I'm a beer man myself and lactose intolerant so not going anywhere haha

Quote:
I'm trading in my weisbier for some miller highlife, and my lederhosen for a trucker hat