Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #113
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post

Right!! It will be 6 MONTHS next weeksince that thing showed up. I’ve got a Pray ported IM too so I need to get it in gear and make the time. Wow, time flies.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #114
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
looks bad action. If I were NA I'd do this in a heart beat.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #115
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
looks bad action. If I were NA I'd do this in a heart beat.
Thanks oldman! I think the install is right up your alley...(you're a little crazy, right?), and much more mechanically skilled than me! Your current build I realize wouldn't benefit, but it sure is impressive.

They say "ram airs" aren't real and don't work but empirically this one appealed to me and really seems worth the time and effort. I look forward to someone documenting something on it, good or bad.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:55 AM   #116
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The white looks good too. I still think it is a worth while mod.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:33 AM   #117
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
O.K.- put myself through this today and you're right you can install from the top and leave the bumper alone... but you got to be nuts! Unfortunately, I'm that kind of nuts, but fortunately was able to channel my MacGyver and got this done. Phwew! Not impossible but not fun and yep, whenI thought I was done, despite Booher's excellent idea of marking the hood latch placement, she wouldn't close.

I knew from experience the more room to work the better, but never had a really clear idea what I was trying to do. I'm also lazy, so I wanted to do this as simply as possible. I always fall for those guys that say "I did this in 15 minutes from beginning to last tool polished and put away". So do I ask for better directions? Inquire for clear input? Heck no, I'm American as apple pie AND male!

I bolted forward and just started taking stuff off...

Once I got the hood latch working well, I went for the "shake down cruise" (liquor store-thank God they're still open, who'd uv thought in UT the churches are closed and the liquor stores are open!). Car runs great! Very smooth and improved pick up a as low as 2500 RPM with great sound. This is all subjective and it didn't hurt it was a perfect 74 degree Spring sunny/breezy day!

Included the first couple pics to help orient people a little better than I was to where it goes and the last couple to show if you're patient, you can do it and not do any harm to your car! Happy motoring!
Isn't his radiatior filler only supposed to be filled to the halfway mark? His is all the way to the top. Mine is filled halfway. Am I low or is his high?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #118
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Isn't his radiatior filler only supposed to be filled to the halfway mark? His is all the way to the top. Mine is filled halfway. Am I low or is his high?
Nope. You're low... See your manual.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550386
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 04-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #119
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Nope. You're low... See your manual.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550386
I've been driving it for 3 years like that. I'll have it checked at my next dealer oil change. They never said it was low when they checked my fluids, and I bought it from one of the top 10 Corvette sellers in the country.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #120
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I've been driving it for 3 years like that. I'll have it checked at my next dealer oil change. They never said it was low when they checked my fluids, and I bought it from one of the top 10 Corvette sellers in the country.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #121
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Well, no response to my initial post... so I guess I should shut up and go home. I know I didn't offer any useful info ( too anxious to "get it done" to slow down and take pics ) , but if I can offer any helpful info,feel free to drop a PM. Also I went out again today (S.Utah is incredible this time of year... of course check back in a couple of months- as one local put it- ""the only thing missing is the smell of sulfur!").

Anyway the car is running like a scalded dog and I strongly recommend this mod. No CEL's and I look forward to someone with the resources to back it up with objective info. As always, happy motoring and keep your hands away from your face!

Tried to add MacGyver tool pic to this post, I honestly used all these in this install ... magnet on a string, flexible "graboid" for dropped tools, and a mirror that is probably better than my dentist uses. All from that $1.98 bin at the hardware store. I love those things!
Awesome man, I've been sitting on mine for a while waiting for someone with a cai (specifically gm) and no tune to do it first and see how it goes lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #122
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Well, no response to my initial post... so I guess I should shut up and go home. I know I didn't offer any useful info ( too anxious to "get it done" to slow down and take pics ) , but if I can offer any helpful info,feel free to drop a PM. Also I went out again today (S.Utah is incredible this time of year... of course check back in a couple of months- as one local put it- ""the only thing missing is the smell of sulfur!").

Anyway the car is running like a scalded dog and I strongly recommend this mod. No CEL's and I look forward to someone with the resources to back it up with objective info. As always, happy motoring and keep your hands away from your face!

Tried to add MacGyver tool pic to this post, I honestly used all these in this install ... magnet on a string, flexible "graboid" for dropped tools, and a mirror that is probably better than my dentist uses. All from that $1.98 bin at the hardware store. I love those things!
Looks like I need to order one and do it the lazy crazy way since I have the same $2 tools...
I'll have to add a Sharpie to my tool box though for tracing as Booher suggested...fine point of course!
Old 04-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #123
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Hey driven2exceSS... FINALLY!!(more input time come)
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #124
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey driven2exceSS... FINALLY!!(more input time come)
Hahaha ...about time!! Yay!!!
Old 04-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #125
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Awesome man, I've been sitting on mine for a while waiting for someone with a cai (specifically gm) and no tune to do it first and see how it goes lol.
It doesn’t skew the maf reporting on the gm cai. Do it.

Tune or not skewing is skewing. The important factor is that i checked it(I datalog with a wideband way to much and validated to 140mph) with the same cai as u. Ur good bruh. Enjoy
Old 04-11-2020, 11:02 PM   #126
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Hahaha ...about time!! Yay!!!
One week short of 6 months!

So this wasn’t a terrible install. Going in from the top makes good sense. IDK what I liked more, the radiator cover, the 3 Christmas tree fasteners or hood latch alignment. The actual install of Velossa was quick.

Tip#1
Put the small side in first, where the hood release was, down and to the left. Wiggle it beyond the headlight housing and start tucking behind the rubber.

Tip#2
Use a long 3/8”’extension, swivel and shallow socket to remove the 13mm hood latch boots. I went in through the grill.

Tip#3
When re-installing the hood latch bolts, the Velossa was in the way for the driver side bolt. The 3/8” extension fits without the socket. I sat the hood latch on top of the radiator cover. Once the extension was within reach I attached the 13mm socket and swivel to the extension. Grabbed the bolt, put it in the socket and guided it through the hood latch and put the bolt back in. (This is a balancing act. I didn’t drop any bolts, but be careful if you do it this way, there’s a cooler below).

Took it out for a drive!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote