Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-04-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
vent gauge pod

anyone have any answer to how to replace the vent with the gauge pod? couple of us have posted on this thread attached from another section but no answer.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570220
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
While I haven’t compiled everything I want to actually do the install, I do have some input.

First thing to notice is the PEM’s in my AEM 30-0334 are not long enough to protrude throw the part purchased from member CNC. This doesn’t mean it won’t work, just not as plug and play as expected. That means the gauge bracket won’t clamp against the back of the pod. The gauge has a 1.044” diameter where it slides inside the 1.044” bore diameter of the pod. At best it’s a slip fit.

Second issue is the wires that leave the back of the gauge are very tight being routed into the center grommet of the pod. Again not a big deal but not plug and play.

My solution to all of this will be to extend the PEM’s so the bracket from the AEM gauge can be utilized. Lastly I’ll add a drilled holes in the pod and grommet them for the wires.

I’m also going to reach out to DorkMissle and see if he will print me one of his pods because it looks like it will save me some work.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570552
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #3
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
yeah I see what you are saying. I would maybe try and cut out the center first before I go through with getting another one. My issue is how to actually get that piece into the vent without breaking the vent itself.
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
yeah I see what you are saying. I would maybe try and cut out the center first before I go through with getting another one. My issue is how to actually get that piece into the vent without breaking the vent itself.
So I looked at the vent I pulled after installing P3. I tried with 3 trim removal tools to lift the chrome area in the picture over the black plastic bosses. SOB the chrome area keeps engaging as I’m going around the ring. There are 6 of those chrome tabs.

There’s no doubt once the chrome ring is off, the internal diffuser portion will come out.

The vent pod will go in the cavity and the chrome ring will hold it all in place.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:29 PM   #5
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Ok so this may be stupid, but how does the vent assembly come out of the car? I have broken to many parts lately would like some insight before i break more! Thanks.
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandRZL1 View Post
Ok so this may be stupid, but how does the vent assembly come out of the car? I have broken to many parts lately would like some insight before i break more! Thanks.
It’s very easy to remove the vent my pulling on the dash and there are clips that will release so you can gain access to the vent clips.

Don’t believe me watch the below link. Very easy.

https://youtu.be/Xzif6XJTklE
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #7
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
OK! Thanks I will give it a try, appreciate it!
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
SilverSurfer18

Drives: 2021 1SS Camaro
I may be overthinking this a bit, but how do you get your wires from the vent tube out to the obd2 and the sensor? I am looking to get a vent pod and the AEM 30-0334 for my car. Seems there will be some drilling involved
Old 11-24-2021, 10:03 AM   #9
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer18 View Post
I may be overthinking this a bit, but how do you get your wires from the vent tube out to the obd2 and the sensor? I am looking to get a vent pod and the AEM 30-0334 for my car. Seems there will be some drilling involved
Before u push/clip back your gauge pod holder u just fish the wires down and along the side/inside firewall and guide the wires thru the firewall via the sound tube into the engine bay. You either take off your sound tube cap on firewall or poke the wires thru the cap on the engine bay side. It’s very easy to do, get a trouble light to help you see in the tight spots under the stirring wheel.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
SilverSurfer18

Drives: 2021 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Before u push/clip back your gauge pod holder u just fish the wires down and along the side/inside firewall and guide the wires thru the firewall via the sound tube into the engine bay. You either take off your sound tube cap on firewall or poke the wires thru the cap on the engine bay side. It’s very easy to do, get a trouble light to help you see in the tight spots under the stirring wheel.
So run the wires out where the little foam ring is on the pod?