Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #659
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Do you or did you DD a Challenger or do you just have to be "right". I DD almost 100,000 miles in two Challengers. The Challenger is easier to see out of than the Camaro PERIOD. So if the Challenger "still has horrible blind spots", then the Camaro is that much worst. For me, I thought the Challenger was easy to get used to. I think the 6th gen Camaro needs a bit more attention mainly due to the smallish side mirrors, which evidently are too small to pass safety in Europe.

But please, since you seem to know it all, how many miles have you spent in a Challenger?
Although you didn't quote anyone I do have a hunch on who you're talking to. Some people just have no other purpose than to troll and argue. You're better off just ignoring them.

To address your comment, you are absolutely correct. Which is why I recently made a comment about my first impressions on the 6th Gen Camaro. I had criticisms and was disappointed with GM at first. However all that changed when I heard about the ZL1. I never had that impression or had to come around to the Challenger. In fact a lot of us gave the 6th Gen a pass because we got a great deal, or the performance was unbelievable, or we just love Camaros. I was one of those. However there is no denying that the Challenger has much greater visibility. Except for one particular spot when look out towards the back. However that particular spot is shared across all three of the Pony Cars and it is just as bad in all of them. Those of us who have both or have owned both or have experience in both know better whereas some who don't know WTF they're talking about think foolishly.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #660
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 03-11-2020 at 04:18 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:02 PM   #661
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Some of you have never driven a long-nose Pete with the seat on the floor and a 52' enclosed trailer behind you...blind spots, bwahahaha!!!
The Mack wasn't great either. Having 500 bags of bulk cement in the bulk truck was always a treat. I did like the RTO 9513, though. Who needs a clutch?
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #662
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
The Mack wasn't great either. Having 500 bags of bulk cement in the bulk truck was always a treat. I did like the RTO 9513, though. Who needs a clutch?
Reminds me of the Mack Tandem Grain trucks on the feedlot I worked on. 5 + 2 dual shifters, obviously huge grain box, and of course, clutch is only for Low or Reverse
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:13 AM   #663
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Do you or did you DD a Challenger or do you just have to be "right". I DD almost 100,000 miles in two Challengers. The Challenger is easier to see out of than the Camaro PERIOD. So if the Challenger "still has horrible blind spots", then the Camaro is that much worst. For me, I thought the Challenger was easy to get used to. I think the 6th gen Camaro needs a bit more attention mainly due to the smallish side mirrors, which evidently are too small to pass safety in Europe.
But please, since you seem to know it all, how many miles have you spent in a Challenger?
I haven't DDed any of my cars since my 95 Integra in college. DDs have been GMC Sierras since then. Cars are the toys. If either of you would care to read anything about people you ridicule and accuse of things you would see exactly how many miles I have driven in a Challenger and how totally wrong your made up theories about me are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Although you didn't quote anyone I do have a hunch on who you're talking to. Some people just have no other purpose than to troll and argue. You're better off just ignoring them.

To address your comment, you are absolutely correct. Which is why I recently made a comment about my first impressions on the 6th Gen Camaro. I had criticisms and was disappointed with GM at first. However all that changed when I heard about the ZL1. I never had that impression or had to come around to the Challenger. In fact a lot of us gave the 6th Gen a pass because we got a great deal, or the performance was unbelievable, or we just love Camaros. I was one of those. However there is no denying that the Challenger has much greater visibility. Except for one particular spot when look out towards the back. However that particular spot is shared across all three of the Pony Cars and it is just as bad in all of them. Those of us who have both or have owned both or have experience in both know better whereas some who don't know WTF they're talking about think foolishly.
It's so funny you blocked me. I quoted you to totally agree with you and you don't see it and now you are reiterating exactly the same thing over again and I also totally agree with you. But you and oldman are now buddies and you and him think you agree with each other but you literally don't.

Quote:
YOU LITERALLY DON'T AGREE WITH HIM AND YOU POST WORD!!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT EMOJI MEANS????
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #664
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I haven't DDed any of my cars since my 95 Integra in college. DDs have been GMC Sierras since then. Cars are the toys. If either of you would care to read anything about people you ridicule and accuse of things you would see exactly how many miles I have driven in a Challenger and how totally wrong your made-up theories about me are.
I'm just pointing out that we are just typing on the internet about our SUBJECTIVE beliefs. In this case how easy is it to see out of a Challenger Vs a 6th gen. You have NO experience in this at all NONE, NADA, NOTHING, yet you insist that you are correct on completely subjective experience. You make-up the quazi fictional others who may or may not have real-world experience with both cars write XYZ and that makes it gospel truth. I, on the other hand, have direct experience and I have many friends and family with both cars, actually, there are more Mustangs in the family. I speak in generalities from a subjective point of view, you speak in specific points of view and pretend that it is objective. BTW I did not "ridicule" you, I did not even directly quote you, but I am indeed pointing out that you seem to have a very limited ability to appreciate any opinion that maybe even remotely different than yours.

I've deen on the Challenger forum for what 11 years? I don't remember any post about "terrible" visibility.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 03-12-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #665
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post

YOU LITERALLY DON'T AGREE WITH HIM AND YOU POST WORD!!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT EMOJI MEANS????
Don't know, I'm old, hench my tag-name.

Please explain the proper use of the emoji so that I may sin no longer
Old 03-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #666
NW-99SS

The great thing about different people and vehicles is...different opinions, preferences, and experiences to share and compare.

I have a Mongoose 1963 Corvette Grand Sport. It's loud, rough, vibrates everything, hot inside, has no A/C or radio, and is purpose built for road course racing. I still take it out on the street once or twice a year. Lots of people don't like it - I couldn't care less. But for those who appreciate what the car represents, we often get into some good discussions about the history of the Grand Sports, and where I would like to see my car in the next few years.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 03-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #667
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
The great thing about different people and vehicles is...different opinions, preferences, and experiences to share and compare.

I have a Mongoose 1963 Corvette Grand Sport. It's loud, rough, vibrates everything, hot inside, has no A/C or radio, and is purpose built for road course racing. I still take it out on the street once or twice a year. Lots of people don't like it - I couldn't care less. But for those who appreciate what the car represents, we often get into some good discussions about the history of the Grand Sports, and where I would like to see my car in the next few years.
You can't mention a car like that and not post pics!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #668
oldman

Quote:

Come pick me up
Old 03-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #669
NW-99SS

Here you go!
Attached Images

2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 03-12-2020, 04:29 PM   #670
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Holy shit that thing is amazing! I would love to have one of those and drive it on the street (and track too, of course.)
Old 03-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #671
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
**** that’s sweet dude
Love those old Grand Sports
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #672
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Holy shit that thing is amazing! I would love to have one of those and drive it on the street (and track too, of course.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
**** that’s sweet dude
Love those old Grand Sports
Thank you both, appreciate it. Has been my dream Corvette since I was just a little guy.

Licensed by GM, 2600lbs wet, ZZ502, 4 speed manual. Built Dana 44.

Goal:

H/C and ITB LS7 w/dry sump, TR6060 <2500lbs
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2