Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Removing clear taillights - going back to red

I think the clear taillights look fantastic on most colors so I purchased a set for my Red Hot ZL1 with slight trepidation. The few pics i'd seen didn't make me love them on this color. Now, after having had them on for a month or so and seeing them in real life, I can honestly say that IMO, they do not look good on Red Hot. On the other hand, all of the black accents of the ZL1 look amazing with this color. It's the gray tones of the lenses that don't look good.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
Quick_Wick

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6 spd RED HOT w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
I think the clear taillights look fantastic on most colors so I purchased a set for my Red Hot ZL1 with slight trepidation. The few pics i'd seen didn't make me love them on this color. Now, after having had them on for a month or so and seeing them in real life, I can honestly say that IMO, they do not look good on Red Hot. On the other hand, all of the black accents of the ZL1 look amazing with this color. It's the gray tones of the lenses that don't look good.
I was almost about to purchase a set but everything you said sums it up for me as well at this point. We should meet up sometime I also have a red hot ZL1. I'm located in IB. Cheers. Zach
Quick_Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
BreedsAS

Drives: 16 Camaro: Mosaic/2SS/A8/NPP/Custom
I have always said the Dark "clear" GM lamps do not look good on either the Red Hot or the Garnet Red.
Why? Too many colors going on. The red lamps match better.
You do have the option of smoking the regular lamps a bit like my Camaro used to be like in my signature video below.

'16 Chevy Camaro 2SS Auto - Mosaic Black l Kalahari Interior l NPP l Nav l Sunroof.
Prismatic 22" concave Koko Wheels l Lexani Tires l GM Splitter l ACS Rockers l ACS Spoiler l BMR Drop l Limo tint l Smoked Lighting l Debadged l LEDs l WeatherTech l More to come...
YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...9-q-ccCuqVONUw
BreedsAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #4
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Wow.. I think it looks the meanest on red hot. Looks clean on black/white.. but on red.. it looks aggessive from the back. Install it and let someone drive it, etc.. you'll see what I'm saying lol

Here's one in motion..
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #5
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Please don't leave the dark side!!!! Agreed it looks great on Red Hot Camaro's and gives it a distinct look.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #6
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Wow.. I think it looks the meanest on red hot. Looks clean on black/white.. but on red.. it looks aggessive from the back. Install it and let someone drive it, etc.. you'll see what I'm saying lol

Here's one in motion..
Your third pic nails my point home for me but your suggestion of having someone else drive it and following them is what I will do to get the full perspective.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
Your third pic nails my point home for me.
That gray tone will show on all the colors unfortunately. It actually took me a year to finally get one. Once I saw it in person especially on the road in motion, it was just pure mean looking.

Another reason I got it is because almost every Camaro I see has original ones since majority of the population doesn't modify or make changes.

Standing out and looking aggressive triumph the stock look and what most Camaros have.

But I get ya.. to each of their own
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I'm still on the fence about installing the clear taillights on my mosaic black metallic ZL1. I see some photos and I'm ready to whip the credit card out of my wallet. Then I see other photos and the taillights look bland as hell. For now I'm sticking with the stock red taillights.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #9
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Looks good on Red Hot ZL1 and once the ZL1 1LE third brake light finally starts shipping out the back will look more complete with the upgraded dark tail's. Also one thing to remember is that compared to the stock tail lights these will show the led lines much better at night rather then bleeding out red throughout as the stock -
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #10
bkswede

Drives: 2010 C63 AMG
I have to agree with the OP - I have a Red Hot ZL1 and can't get myself to order the dark tail lights, as much as I'd like to... maybe it would be different seeing them in person, but the pictures of the tail lights on Red Hot cars just don't do it for me
Old 06-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #11
curtislowerussell

Drives: 2016 Black 2 SS/ 2017 ZL1 Yellow
I have been wondering how they would look on the Yellow. I am thinking the center black decal and smoke clear lights. Thoughts??
curtislowerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #12
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
My stock red taillights didn't even make it a week in my Red Hot. The stock red lights are the worst aesthetic piece of the car in my opinion. They had to go! Here's a good comparison pick during my install. The red ones just don't seem like they belong.
Attached Images

mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #13
JimmyJak

Drives: Corvette Z06
stock red are better
JimmyJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #14
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
We all have different tastes I tend to agree I am not in love with them I have not seen a HBM in person yet with them, I think I would rather paint the stock ones so they are darker. I just do not feel the "clear" look of them.