Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Need advice on twin turbo set up.

Last month I sold my Procharger and I recently purchased a AGP TT kit. The kit should be here this weekend. I'm very excited!

I am new to the turbo world and was having a hard time understanding all the different sizes and information about turbos. I want to thank Kevin at AGP. I bugged him so much with my questions and not once did he seen annoyed to answer them. Five star service!

Now my question is, what is recommended to add to the car that is not included in the kit?

I already have the meth, injectors, twin pump, boost/ air fuel gauges (from old procharger)

Was thinking about a 2-step to build boost but I have a automatic. Would the Lingenfelter one work on flip of a switch?

Any advice on maintenance, installation, tuning would be great.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Nothing. Put it on and enjoy it. With meth and twin pump you easily can max out the motor or tranny. 2 step wouldn't help since it is an auto. If anything get a stall. Also maybe a decent boost controller if you want to adjust it on the fly without swapping springs.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Post pics of the kit when you get it, Id like to see what you get.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_TINHO View Post
Last month I sold my Procharger and I recently purchased a AGP TT kit. The kit should be here this weekend. I'm very excited!

I am new to the turbo world and was having a hard time understanding all the different sizes and information about turbos. I want to thank Kevin at AGP. I bugged him so much with my questions and not once did he seen annoyed to answer them. Five star service!

Now my question is, what is recommended to add to the car that is not included in the kit?

I already have the meth, injectors, twin pump, boost/ air fuel gauges (from old procharger)

Was thinking about a 2-step to build boost but I have a automatic. Would the Lingenfelter one work on flip of a switch?

Thank you.

Yea, Kevin is great. OP which turbos are you getting and what are your goals?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:

Thank you.

OP which turbos are you getting and what are your goals? Why did you switch?

Also is the Night Fury Cam too radical for turbos?

Get a boost controller, so start with a mild spring, and then ramp it up when you want.

I like this one recommended by AGP. It fits on the steering column perfectly with just some stickem, has a number of options, has good support, and best of all it is inexpensive. My post pod was full so this fit in great with about a 30 min install.

http://www.gfb.com.au/products/boost...troller-by-gfb

Last edited by Fraxum; 09-17-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
SS_TINHO

That seems like a good boost controller. Kevin gave me a good deal on the 54/57 turbos he had.
He also told me my set up would make good numbers. I'm hoping for around 750-800 rwhp. Unreal told me the turbos make 900-1000 so I'm happy.

There's a thread on lethal performance installing the agp kit and most of them have the night fury making 1000hp.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
SS_TINHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Nothing. Put it on and enjoy it. With meth and twin pump you easily can max out the motor or tranny. 2 step wouldn't help since it is an auto. If anything get a stall. Also maybe a decent boost controller if you want to adjust it on the fly without swapping springs.

I already have a yank 3600 converter. Thanks for the help!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
They can make 900-1000 when pushed, but for a stock motor 600-800rwhp they are perfect IMO.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
SS_TINHO

That's good to know. I don't see it being too difficult to upgrade later. Just a little more $$0

Old 09-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #10
ddck24

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th M6
Quote:
That seems like a good boost controller. Kevin gave me a good deal on the 54/57 turbos he had.
He also told me my set up would make good numbers. I'm hoping for around 750-800 rwhp. Unreal told me the turbos make 900-1000 so I'm happy.

There's a thread on lethal performance installing the agp kit and most of them have the night fury making 1000hp.

Lethal RACING..... Not Lethal Performance
Just clearing that up
ddck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #11
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Now I feel like throwing some twins on my 5th gen.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #12
SS_TINHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddck24 View Post
Lethal RACING..... Not Lethal Performance

Just clearing that up

My mistake. Lol