Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #29
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm88 View Post
I have flipped many things... Cars, Boats, Helicopters and properties.

Here is my amateur/professional advice.

1. Buy the Camaro
2. Take down the canvas from your boat.
3. Give it a serious scrubbing (especially the bottom).
4. Take new and more attractive photos.
5. Put it up for sale $500 - $1000 under market value.
6. Stay firm on your price and WAIT.

Advertise: eBay, Craigslist - (to include large SURROUNDING metro areas)

It is now June, you best act FAST - you should have been on this in April
JM88, Thanks for the advice!! I have had it out there since April but I have found that the boat market has tanked (As stated here by other posters) I gave it a real good cleaning at the end of March and it's been in my driveway since!! I have ot on Ebay and Craigslist....we'll see what this week brings and then maybe lower a little bit more if need be.
Thanks again!

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #30
adk46r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
if it's at the dealership, you had to order months ago. why in the world wouldn't you have tried selling it outright in early spring?

and why would you ask a Chevy dealer to take your boat on trade?

good luck man, but i have no advice for you.....................
Just to get the facts straight.....1) I was told by the Sales Manager himself that "HE PERSONALLY" was interested in the boat!!! I told him what I needed to get for it and he told me that he wanted to take a look as soon a she got back from his vacation....I hounded the dude for 2 months and he just kept telling me he'd be out and not to worry because "we'll work it out"!!
That's what I get for trusting a dealer I have never dealt with (Did I mention this is my first new car purchase ever!!)
2) I did and do have my finances in order, I was just trying to lower my monthly that's all!
3) I hadn't realized how bad the boat market was

So I'll get my Camaro and sell the da** boat and make a lump payment to the Credit Union and that will be that!!.....Oh, did I mention I got a 4.375 interest rate

Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
I deal with appraisals all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk46r View Post
Ok guys I really need your help!! Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if the mods deem it to be moved, be my guest....so here we go...Got a call from my dealer today and she says your car's here!! Of course I'm psyched and can't wait to go and finalize the deal, one small glitch though and that is they were supposed to be using my boat as a trade-in! I've been waiting since February for them to come out and give me a number....I told them what I needed to make this deal work and they kept telling me "not to worry..we'll work it out!" ( Before someone says I told ya' so no....I had nothing in writing..DRRR) So they finally stopped out today without letting me know they were coming and only offered me a quarter of what it's worth and what I need to make the deal work!!! I'm so ticked off I can't even see straight!! Of course we all know they have me by the short hairs and can sell the car in a heartbeat so before I go off on another tangent I'm hoping that someone out there is looking for a boat, she is a 25' 1987 Larson Sportcruiser with trailer and all the goodies you need to head out to the lake and only 387 hours on the 350 (260) HP Mercruiser. I need 10K for it even though I know it's worth more. Hear is a link to the pics http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/v...1987%20Larson/ if anyone can help me out PLEASEEEEE LMK, PM me or post and I'll answer any questions you have!! Thanks in advance guys and gals!!
I work for a foundation that accepts donations, so I am VERY familiar with boat values in today's market. While I am not familiar with your specific model/year of boat, I'd guess-timate it's got a retail value of $5k. Being a freshwater boat helps, but for example, a 1993 25 ft Larson has a trade-in of $6K, avg retail of $9K, and accounting for market adjustment in bad times, and nearly mid-season, $5K might be the best you'll see. Sorry, dude, but in my 10 years, most boat owners think their boat is always worth more than it is.

2010 2SS/RS:
Order # NJNJZJ: 2SS/RS, Blk/Blk, MT, Sunroof.
1100 = Preliminary Order: 10/28/08
0000 = Order accidentally deleted by dealer: 3/??/09
1100 = Preliminary re-order: 3/??+1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 5/21/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 6/2/09
3400 = Broadcast: 6/4/09
3800 = Produced: 6/17/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/1/09
R.I.P. = Totaled on 4th day driven in rain: 10/16/20
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #32
adk46r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
I work for a foundation that accepts donations, so I am VERY familiar with boat values in today's market. While I am not familiar with your specific model/year of boat, I'd guess-timate it's got a retail value of $5k. Being a freshwater boat helps, but for example, a 1993 25 ft Larson has a trade-in of $6K, avg retail of $9K, and accounting for market adjustment in bad times, and nearly mid-season, $5K might be the best you'll see. Sorry, dude, but in my 10 years, most boat owners think their boat is always worth more than it is.
Is it that we THINK it's worth more or we HOPE it's worth more?? The trailer has less than 20 miles on it and I paid 3K cash for that less than 2 years ago, and a new camper top canvas and new glass is another 3k!! It just sucks but I know it's just like driving (most) cars off the lot, they depreciate almost immediately! I did drop it to 8k....we'll see what happens!!
Thanks for the input!!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #33
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
People are still boating in my neck of the woods. Heck, this is prime season to go the lake in the Ozarks, I'm sure someone will buy it if the price is right? Is there any kind of Blue Book for boats? My point is, I'll bet you can sell it, but the question is how far will you go to do so?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #34
adk46r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
People are still boating in my neck of the woods. Heck, this is prime season to go the lake in the Ozarks, I'm sure someone will buy it if the price is right? Is there any kind of Blue Book for boats? My point is, I'll bet you can sell it, but the question is how far will you go to do so?
Ya'....NADA Guide is the basis for pricing and my boat comes in @ 7650 and another 4100 for the trailer....that's 11750!! But times aren't what they were so I'm gonna' have to bite the bullet and get what I can!!