Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2022, 11:34 PM   #29
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I know the humidity is a killer over the long haul. Something along the lines of the Carolina’s may work out. Too soon to say, but I’m just tired of complaining about the winter. Some people love it… not me.

Uh you don't want to come to SC or NC if you hate humidity. Its basically 85 from late March to Early November. And it was 82 on Christmas here last year. I'd suggest Tennessee.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:14 AM   #30
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
OMG, garage queens!. I put some winter tires on and daily drive the camaro IN MINNESOTA! It's just a car, it goes it stops, i get to work, i go home. easy peasy, no drama. It's actually very fun to roll on the gas so the rear end steps out without burning rubber. Salt washes off.
To each their own. Why would I drive a rear wheel drive Camaro buying dedicated winter tires for it when my daily driver is 4WD Tahoe? It would make absolutely zero sense to do something like that. My Camaro is a toy, nothing more.

Last edited by jamala00; 02-03-2022 at 05:58 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:20 AM   #31
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Uh you don't want to come to SC or NC if you hate humidity. Its basically 85 from late March to Early November. And it was 82 on Christmas here last year. I'd suggest Tennessee.
Ya, that is why I said I'd like to go to Tennessee or Kentucky. They do have a winter season, but it is very minimal.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:54 AM   #32
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
OMG, garage queens!. I put some winter tires on and daily drive the camaro IN MINNESOTA! It's just a car, it goes it stops, i get to work, i go home. easy peasy, no drama. It's actually very fun to roll on the gas so the rear end steps out without burning rubber. Salt washes off.
Sure, salt washes off the surface. It however follows water into every nook & cranny above and below and eventually takes it's toll.

Enjoy it all ya like, man. Nothing wrong with doing so or not doing so. They're certainly better equipped to deal with varying road conditions than the 2nd or 3rd gens I grew up driving in the Massachusetts winters. That being said, I prefer driving my beater if the weather is shit and preserving the toys for more pleasant weather. Also means I get to spend less time cleaning the damn thing.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:34 AM   #33
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
It’s just a car?! LOL. My Silverado has chewed so much salt since 2008, it now shows a bit on the back quarters. It’s a 4x4 and made for this crap. My truck is a tool, my Camaro is the best go toy I ever had, and that even counts this:
Attached Images

Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:37 AM   #34
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Hell I'm not even driving my Ltz Siliverado either as we are both retired so no reason to go anywhere. I used to drive my SC G8GT in the snow and it got around pretty well. We live out in the country and they don't take care of our roads very well when it comes to snow removal. With 30 mph winds it creates some bad drifts over the roads and gotta have a 4wd to get around when its like this.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:03 AM   #35
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Its my only driver, it has to run, I use the Alpin PA4 winter perf tires, weight in the trunk and away I go but I really only have to cope with a few inches of snow at any given time and most of the roads are reasonably scraped and plowed in less than half a day.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:04 AM   #36
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
It’s just a car?! LOL. My Silverado has chewed so much salt since 2008, it now shows a bit on the back quarters. It’s a 4x4 and made for this crap. My truck is a tool, my Camaro is the best go toy I ever had, and that even counts this:
That's one good sparkly disco god flashback... lol

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:42 AM   #37
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Oh and for the record, Dallas/Fort Worth driving isn't bad because Dallas/Fort Worth drivers suck as much as because we have a crazy mix of drivers from just about everywhere. We have the slow Okies from Oklahoma, the quick-to-cut-in-front-of you NYers, and the crazy WOT Cali folks mixed together. All those driving styles combined make it an absolute mess to drive in this area.
Have to disagree with you - I know PLENTY of people born in this area that do all of those things you describe. And they are also the vast majority of the idiots with the mindset "I'm in a big pickup truck, so I can continue to drive like an idiot in snow and freezing road conditions, no problem".

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:57 AM   #38
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
That's one good sparkly disco god flashback... lol
I could ride a wheelie for like, ever! Sissy bars, banana seat,monkey bars and three on the rail….two inch slicks on the back….wahoo!

Last edited by Cmax; 02-03-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:26 AM   #39
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Have to disagree with you - I know PLENTY of people born in this area that do all of those things you describe. And they are also the vast majority of the idiots with the mindset "I'm in a big pickup truck, so I can continue to drive like an idiot in snow and freezing road conditions, no problem".
Oh Dallas drivers are also bad, but my point is that most of the people in the area aren't from the area, they're from other parts of the country which makes it even crazier as different regions have different driving habits.

New York transplants for instance, when I would visit for work it was mostly gridlocked and drivers would just cut in front of each other like nothing. That's fine if you're crawling at 10-20 MPH, not so much when going 70-80 MPH.

California drivers, given that California is about as wide opened as Texas when you get outside the cities, they're used to going at a high rate of speed, which mixed with the other styles isn't a good mix.

Then there are the ones from Oklahoma and other rural parts of the country, they just cruise at a leisurely pace, often camped out in the left lane. Mix all those driving styles and it gets crazy.

I haven't even touched on the drivers that are from other countries, especially countries where women are generally not allowed to drive. You can see how nervous they are about driving in how overly cautious they drive. Like I said, all those different drivers sharing the road makes for an advantageous drive.

I always wonder what percentage of the people in this area were actually born in this area, but I'm glad that so many people have decided to make this part of the country their home. Now if we can train all drivers in the area that the left lane should be used only for passing

Oh and the local news here is reporting outside of their normal hours to report on "Ice-Ma-Geddon"... lol I am ok with you guys up north laughing at us. I think we deserve it.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #40
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Understood, my buddy lives in SC…I’ve been there in the summer. I like heat and humidity, just not the endless, I can’t get away from FL type.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #41
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
To each their own. Why would I drive a rear wheel drive Camaro buying dedicated winter tires for it when my daily driver is 4WD Tahoe? It would make absolutely zero sense to do something like that. My Camaro is a toy, nothing more.
Because a Tahoe is a soul sucking ride.

I daily drove a Grand Cherokee 4x4 for a few year once. I regretted it day one. Big lumbering ox with the aerodynamics of a brick and the fuel economy of a tank.

Maybe I'll own a gen6 Camaro as a collectable one day. Today ...its a righteous car.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Sweet bike. This was my ride circa 1976

When I owned it, I didn't dream of driving a Tahoe someday. I had my eye on my brothers Chevelle SS 396. Yeah ...he drove it in the winter
Name:  Schwinn.PNG
Views: 266
Size:  374.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote