Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-06-2021, 08:23 AM   #155
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
A couple of days ago it was an older man in a Camry who was asking if it was a Charger (thanks, Chevy marketing) and telling me how he wanted a Mustang. I told him to go for a Camaro instead

I’ll have to admit, in 2017 or so a I saw my first 6g. I believe it was a 1LE, and it to me a few seconds to figure out it was a camaro.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #156
xmattyx
mattyv

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
To be honest, my 5th gen LT Camaro's got more attention instead of my 6th gen SS, must be the times lol
2014 Hyundai Sonata GLS (sold)
2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS (sold)
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T (sold)
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT (sold)
2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 (sold)
2007 Cadillac CTS (sold)
2005 Chrysler Sebring (sold)
1998 Dodge Avenger (sold)
1992 Mercury Topaz (sold)
xmattyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #157
auto_god

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Where I live, you really don't see a bunch of Camaro's, so it tends to be an absolute magnet for attention.
Stopping for gas, I'm virtually guaranteed someone will comment on it or strike up a conversation about.
On the rare occasion I take it to work, it isn't uncommon for me to see people doing the walk around checking it out, I've observed people taking pictures of it numerous times(I can see it from where I work).
During regular driving its rare to not catch people staring, or striking up conversations at stop lights.
Strangely enough.......the number of women that comment on the car is shockingly high.

Honestly its the opposite of what I thought would happen. My previous toy to this car was a 1991 Firebird Formula 350 T-top car (I'm sure there are some people on here that realize how rare of a car that is).......I figured given how rare that car is and getting to be a classic at this point, it would be the car most people would comment on and garner the most attention. The only people that ever paid any attention to that car were dudes in their late 40's early 50's (my age group), that actually knew what the car was. My assumption was that given how new my 1LE is, that while its performance would be just different world from the Firebird, it wouldn't draw attention that car did........boy was I wrong. It draws WAY more attention than the Firebird ever did.
auto_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #158
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Kid walked by and saw the car in the garage and said “I like your car.”
Old 12-26-2021, 04:14 PM   #159
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to every foreign car with a folgers can exhaust pipe trying to challenge me at the stoplight. One thing I love about my SS sedan is that it's so unassuming until I get on the throttle. Having an Altima/V6 Camry/V6 Honda try to pull up next to me knowing that they have to get in my lane (whether it's an on-ramp, their lane ends ahead, etc.) thinking that they're going to take me off the line only to get a taste of LS3 exhaust is quite gratifying.

My Holden badges probably elicit more questions than if I still had Chevy badges, but I do find myself answering questions once they hear the LS3 bark at the next light.

Will be interesting to see how different life is with the Camaro once I take delivery in March. I will definitely miss the "anonymity" of my Holden badged SS Sedan.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #160
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to every foreign car with a folgers can exhaust pipe trying to challenge me at the stoplight. One thing I love about my SS sedan is that it's so unassuming until I get on the throttle. Having an Altima/V6 Camry/V6 Honda try to pull up next to me knowing that they have to get in my lane (whether it's an on-ramp, their lane ends ahead, etc.) thinking that they're going to take me off the line only to get a taste of LS3 exhaust is quite gratifying.

My Holden badges probably elicit more questions than if I still had Chevy badges, but I do find myself answering questions once they hear the LS3 bark at the next light.

Will be interesting to see how different life is with the Camaro once I take delivery in March. I will definitely miss the "anonymity" of my Holden badged SS Sedan.
My experience is that you’ll get more challenges from trucks than fart-can imports.

I get how you feel about your Holden. I daily drove a GTO from 2004 to 2016. Anonymous, well built and reliable.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #161
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
I never get attention in it anymore. Now my other car is a different story.
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 05:26 PM   #162
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
My experience is that you’ll get more challenges from trucks than fart-can imports.

I get how you feel about your Holden. I daily drove a GTO from 2004 to 2016. Anonymous, well built and reliable.
Yeah, I loved my 06 GTO. I'm sure to the general public it looked like a "bloated Cavalier". I see Chargers/Challengers all over, and Mustangs as well. About the only time a Mustang has me turn my head is when it's singing that "flat-plane-crank" song. There's just something about the raw sound of that V8. I'm actually looking forward to hearing what the Z06 sounds like. The only thing that I hate is that there are already reports of the regular C8 having issues with the DCT. Makes me think that I made the right choice in ordering a ZL1 with a proven (if a little dated) powertrain.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #163
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Homeless guy near a Redbox kiosk commented on my car.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:13 PM   #164
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
I've had many people speed up in the lane next to me to see wtf the canards on the front of my car are. They'd pull up so the driver or passenger window is even with my canards and I've seen chicks roll down their window and stick their head out the window to get a better look.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:17 PM   #165
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
When driving my 2004 pontiac GTO I get an occasional nod and sometimes a window roll down from other drivers. A conversation until the light changes, Like your car, Is it fast? Is it for sale? How long have you owned it? ect. Sometimes a conversation as I am filling up with gas. All good comments. I have never recieved a negative comment. But what I get mostly is other modern muscle car owners showing off when they see a GTO driving by. They have to make a big noise and prove to themselves that their car is better than my GTO. I really get tired of it and in most cases I can't roll my window up fast enough to deaden the noise. Some of those foreign jobs I swear their goal is to see how much they can hurt my ears.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:36 PM   #166
ex-boxing champ

Drives: 2016 chevy camaro
My car gets a comment on it about every other day. Its funny how people think they are telling me a comment they think is unique. I tell them I hear it all the time about people commenting about my car. Ive had people roll down there windows at a stop light to tell me they love my car, people yelling they love my car as a I drive by and tons of people telling me at gas stations or wherever I go that they love my car. It happens all the time and at any place I drive my car. Its always funny too how other sports cars will park right next to mine in an empty lot. The competition never ends and the way everybody wants to race me on the roads. I love owning a Camaro. It never gets old.
ex-boxing champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #167
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-boxing champ View Post
My car gets a comment on it about every other day. Its funny how people think they are telling me a comment they think is unique. I tell them I hear it all the time about people commenting about my car. Ive had people roll down there windows at a stop light to tell me they love my car, people yelling they love my car as a I drive by and tons of people telling me at gas stations or wherever I go that they love my car. It happens all the time and at any place I drive my car. Its always funny too how other sports cars will park right next to mine in an empty lot. The competition never ends and the way everybody wants to race me on the roads. I love owning a Camaro. It never gets old.
By the way - love your car, and the comments it gets!
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #168
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
It would be unusual to make a 20 min drive around here without getting at least a few thumbs up
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote