Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 04-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #1
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
Anyone done buissness with White Auto and Media for infotainment mods?

Greetings, I am planning on reaching out to this business for some potential mods I'd like done to my infotainment, however I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the business before I take the time.

Mainly I am curious about mods members have had done and prices paid.

The website I was referred to is https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com

I've looked over the options they have on their website, and the most interesting one is the custom programming option.

I would certainly like to know what they use to modify our hardware here, but in the meantime, I am interested in hearing from anybody who has used their service!

Let me hear some details!

Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 01:10 AM   #2
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
I have used them for an upgraded radio to support wireless Android Auto and Carplay, and it was a good experience. No hiccups on replacing the module as it was coded for my VIN, and they were pretty quick on getting it programmed and shipped to me. So I would definitely deal with them again in the future.

Though I am curious on what "custom programming" you are looking to have done. As I think they are geared towards unlock existing features vs providing entirely new functionality.

Also reached out to them about to see if there was a way to program remote closing of the windows and sunroof. They weren't able to help on that, however I suspected that might have been a long shot to begin with.
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 07:16 AM   #3
Annihilate

Ahh, I appreciate your comment! Good to find someone who has actually dealt with them.

Excuse me while I go on a minor rant!

I was never really interested in having a "new" car, my DD was/is a 2008 Impala, we've had this car essentially since it came out. I just hit 220,000 on it, to be fair the transmission did go around 210,000 but it was worth the price of repair. Car has treated me great.

With that being said, I really wanted this car, and specifically this car, so sacrifices must be made! I'm not a big fan of Daddy Technology butting his head into every aspect of life. I grew up having full control over my computers and technology, the amount of customization and usefulness peaked during that time I'd say. (Golden Age of the Internet would be the late 90's early 00's I would reckon).

Since then I have seen more and more technology followed by less and less user control. Getting a standard transmission was an important part of getting a combination of new and old tech.

As this was my first car with a giant screen in it, I was interested to see what it actually could do and what I could use it for. The truth is I can't use it for much. I use an old iPod Video(5.5g) that I modded for all my music.

I don't use any apps or navigation, I only want this system to do a few things, and I want it to do it efficiently. I also want to remove any privacy concerns within the car, I will be attacking the OnStar Module soon, and I'd like all the unnecessary assets removed as well.

SO, On my home screen I would like to remove or have the ability to hide all icons of things I do not use. I feel like making shortcuts or bookmarks to specific settings should be common practice.

In place of these removed icons/apps I would like direct buttons to the features I use.

Namely; Tone Controls, Engine Management (Sound/Suspension/Steering), I'd like to potentially have more versatility to the ambient lighting as I feel that should have more customization as well. If the lights can all do RGB and multiple variations, why can I only do a select few color combos? Crazy to me.

Next I'd like big shiny button that TURNS OFF the display without having to shut off the rest of my interior lights. Presently the "Display Off" Feature buried in the settings only displays a black image that is still backlit. The only way to turn the display off and keep the ambient lighting on is to dial the interior lighting dial a pinch away from being completely off.

Downside of this is that it turns off the backlighting to all the button controls for your HVAC and Steering wheel, which I would like to retain. Again, the display CAN be turned off, why doesn't the included button do it properly? So I'd like a button that actually turns off the display when I want right on the home screen.

I'd like the ability to adjust ambient lighting and engine sound with the car off. Again, I don't see why you can't use the ambient lighting in accessory mode, I am doubtful that these LEDs use that much power for it to be a concern. As far as engine sound, I've read you can do this from accessory mode, however I have had no luck. Id like to be able to put my exhaust sound in stealth if I am trying to be quiet in the morning or evening in my neighborhood.

A quick select for Stealth/Sport Engine Sound would be ideal, again on the home page.

Lastly, and this one may take more research on my part. I'd like a way to better interface my iPod with the car. If I could figure out how to get it to display the artists/songs and give me the ability to skip from the steering wheel, that would be great. But that's a more of a wish than a guarantee, and is more of a side project for me right now.

I'm not asking to move mountains here, I just want to be able to customize my infotainment system in a way that more suits what I actually use.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:29 AM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Chris White is a member here, but he is unlikely to have time to read your post. I'd just contact him via the WAMS site and send him your custom programming requests.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:27 PM   #5
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
I also have had an experience with WAMS and Chris. I had a 2019 Camaro SS that was totaled thus replaced with the ‘24 you see in my signature.

When I had the ‘19 I ordered the device to allow remote control window roll-up in addition to the roll-down.

At first it locked up and bricked my remote window operation completely, but with his help I got it to work.

Problem is that I think his customer service skills and tech support is a bit spotty. Some people have great experiences. Others not so much.

When I asked him for renewal to use on my ‘24 he said the VIN licenses are no longer produced. So I’m stuck with a $400 module and $200 I paid him for nothing g.

I think he has a bigger business than he can handle himself. He needs staff with excellent customer service response and technical knowledge. He can get a bit stuck up and snooty if you ask a question he thinks you should know.

Again, others have had good service from him so I know he tries. I just think he’s overwhelmed and needs a staff.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:39 PM   #6
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
I also have had an experience with WAMS and Chris. I had a 2019 Camaro SS that was totaled thus replaced with the ‘24 you see in my signature.

When I had the ‘19 I ordered the device to allow remote control window roll-up in addition to the roll-down.

At first it locked up and bricked my remote window operation completely, but with his help I got it to work.

Problem is that I think his customer service skills and tech support is a bit spotty. Some people have great experiences. Others not so much.

When I asked him for renewal to use on my ‘24 he said the VIN licenses are no longer produced. So I’m stuck with a $400 module and $200 I paid him for nothing g.

I think he has a bigger business than he can handle himself. He needs staff with excellent customer service response and technical knowledge. He can get a bit stuck up and snooty if you ask a question he thinks you should know.

Again, others have had good service from him so I know he tries. I just think he’s overwhelmed and needs a staff.

Very interesting info.

I haven't had time to reach out yet, the AI chatbot they have claimed to be able to do most of my requests. I'd really like to learn how to do it myself, but information is sparse.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:28 PM   #7
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Very interesting info.

I haven't had time to reach out yet, the AI chatbot they have claimed to be able to do most of my requests. I'd really like to learn how to do it myself, but information is sparse.
Yeah his website will tell you to read everything on it before asking him a question but most your questions won’t be on the website. Then he gets irritable lol
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 05-03-2024, 07:17 PM   #8
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Another positive experience with White Auto. They programmed my radio module to allow PDR to work (with the supporting hardware). Added Nav too with no extra cost!
Old 05-04-2024, 01:25 AM   #9
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
Quote:

Was this module something you got from WAMS? or something he just helped you to actually to get to work on your 19?
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:47 AM   #10
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Not unusual, people with serious tech skills don't tend to excel at customer service. As you said, if this is the case, the business needs a few "business" people to handle the non-tech aspects in a professional way.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:55 AM   #11
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostere4 View Post
Was this module something you got from WAMS? or something he just helped you to actually to get to work on your 19?
It was for the BT Dieselworks AutoSync.

The module for the 2019+ Colorado also worked with the 2019+ Camaro. I’m not clear exactly where Chris fell into the whole engineering of everything because it was from him that I got the original idea to buy this and go with it.

He’d posted a video of his remote window roll up working on a 6th gen in one of these forums but I don’t remember where. I’m sure it can be found if searched for.

I do remember asking if he would just do the update on my car himself if I brought my car to him (he’s in Michigan I’m in Cleveland OH) but he wouldn’t. Nor would he divulge “how” he got it to work……. Keep in mind Mercedes, BMW, and even Honda have had full remote control windows down AND up (moonroof as well) for the last 10+ years. Mercedes since the early 90s.

So General Motors has the software already encoded in the factory BCM to operate remote windows up, it’s just not “turned on” in the factory activated configuration.

To my knowledge there were no changes between 2019 and 2024 for the factory hardware and software configurations. There’s a big, incompatible difference between 2016-18 and 2019-24.
Sharkskin/Light gray

Last edited by olrocker; 05-04-2024 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:47 AM   #12
JD64

Drives: '19 Camaro ZL1 A10 Riverside Blue
Good experiance with WAMS and Chris but its been a few years In Feb of '21 i purchased the radio upgrade to ad factory nav and wireless carplay. I also sent him my dash cluster to be reprogramed for the speed limit icons and to have the factory nav that was added to be projected to the HUD just as it would have been if the car was ordered with navigation. i was even able to get in touch with him on Saturday after 5 during the install, i would have been stuck if i wasnt able to talk with him at that time. I wouldnt hesitate to use him again but i always wonder how it would be if i would need to have the radio module or the cluster reprogrammed due to a repair.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #13
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
I had a great experience with WAMS. Chris was extremely knowledgeable and helpful when I did my radio module upgrade to get HDRadio in my ‘22 2SS. I know he’s been doing a lot lately for the new trucks and Cadillac community as well. There are many, many disclaimers on his site because a lot of these units are VIN locked when you program them, so if you screw up and give the wrong info, you are SOL because he can’t exactly just take it back and reprogram something, and that is where a lot of people fail to realize his disclaimers are really to save YOU money. I did a video on the radio module as well:

YouTube Channel
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote