Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Vitesse thorttle controller on M6?

A buddy of mine just got the vitesse throttle controller on his A6 '12 C6 Vette. I took it out for a drive and got to play with the module through all the settings and I will say it made his car feel like a whole new car when turned up to anything above 6 imo. He keeps telling me I should get one for my car but being M6 is there really any benefit of it? I told him I'ld look into it after I get my 2 step (just ordered) and wanted to check the forum if anyone else with M6 has it on their car.

Granted...I plan on trading or selling my car pretty soon but the mod bug is still in me and I will be buying stuff probably up until I get rid of it. So most of anything I get soon will be further down on the forum for sell lol
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Yes, there is a definite benefit even in the M6.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
If I knew I was going to be trading soon, I wouldn't spend a nickel on more mods... but that's your call. You NEVER get your money back out of mods. Of course, if you knew you were getting another Camaro then you could just strip the mods before trading and use them on your new car.

BTW, I have a L99 (A6) and the difference with the VTC is huge! Can't speak for the M6.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I put one on my 1LS (V6 M6) and it makes a big difference. I keep it on SP5 for normal driving. It's a lot "peppier" and more responsive. I set it back to SP0 (stock behavior) the other day just for the heck of it and, man does it feel sluggish! I was on the fence like you and decided to just bite the bullet. Glad I did! You won't regret it if you get one.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Big time difference on a M6. I keep mine between 1-3 for everyday driving, depending on my mood, traffic to be encountered and weather. If raining (which is rare here) I feel safer just in stock mode, considering people around here seem to lose all ability to drive once that first drop of rain hits the pavement.
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Draven1327
Socal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS (KYORI)
2ss/rs m6

I have it set on sp5/6 For Daily driving getting frisky..

i change to sp0 when its raining, or i have "delicate" Passengers

And when there's heavy L.A. traffic, ... i set it to ec5

i havent raced with it yet but im sure it will be somewhere 6-9
Old 02-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #7
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Go ahead and buy one. Even if you end up selling your car, it takes about 5 minutes to remove the VTC. You should easily be able to sell it here. It might end up costing you $25, but it'll be worth it.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #8
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
What do the Eco modes do?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
If I knew I was going to be trading soon, I wouldn't spend a nickel on more mods... but that's your call. You NEVER get your money back out of mods. Of course, if you knew you were getting another Camaro then you could just strip the mods before trading and use them on your new car.

BTW, I have a L99 (A6) and the difference with the VTC is huge! Can't speak for the M6.
Actually you could uninstall it and sell it for the same price to someone here I'm sure.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
What do the Eco modes do?
They just make it less responsive instead of more. Supposed to be more fuel efficient.... if you can stand it...
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Granted...I plan on trading or selling my car pretty soon but the mod bug is still in me and I will be buying stuff probably up until I get rid of it. So most of anything I get soon will be further down on the forum for sell lol
Keep in mind a throttle controller is not vehicle specific. When you trade/sell your Camaro, if the vehicle you get has the same kind of connector above the gas pedal you can reuse the controller.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #12
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Yes, there is a definite benefit even in the M6.
Especially in the M6. The "tip in" is so much more responsive. Where I used to feel the need to downshift to accelerate, it's no longer necessary.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #13
cmracing

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Especially in the M6. The "tip in" is so much more responsive. Where I used to feel the need to downshift to accelerate, it's no longer necessary.
Cool. Just got mine today, now to find time to install it. My buddy has an auto and loves it. I have a manual, hope I like it too.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmracing View Post
Cool. Just got mine today, now to find time to install it. My buddy has an auto and loves it. I have a manual, hope I like it too.
Install is easy, well under an hour, and that's taking your time.

I recommend starting out on SP5 for a little while, or as long as it takes for you to get accustomed to the new response. After that, which for me was one drive into work, I set it on 9 and have been there since.

And yes, you'll like it. I was a skeptic at first. Thought it would be another one of those false promise kind of things. But it really does take the lazy right out of the throttle.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote