Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
New to the Camaro world, and need suggestions for mods

All,

I just bought(yesterday) a 2021 Camaro LT1 A10, and I am loving the car.

I had a fully loaded/premium 2018 Mustang GT PP1 car A10 with magneride that I loved. Unfortunately I traded it in due to the tick (Since mine was so bad it sounded more like a rod was knocking). Took it to the stealership a few time and got the 'That's normal reply'.. so I had to let it go...


Anyway, I'm loving the Camaro for the 270 mile trip I drove back from the dealership. The suspension is definitely less bouncy than my mustang.. I could only imagine what mageride would fee like on this car. ...

On my mustang I installed a BMR cradle lockout and Ford Performance toe link bushing, which really helped the mustang be much better in handling and take off due to all the rubber bushings(deflection, etc.). I mean it really made a night and day difference and I cannot stress it enough to any 2015+ mustang owner.

So my reason for giving that background is I want to know what people consider must do's for the Camaro from a performance perspective (speed, and handling). I need to keep my warranty so please keep that in mind.. if something is relatively easy to remove(less than couple of hours), etc. I'm open.


From lurking on the forum for a while Here is what I gathered so far (in no specific order):
  • RotoFab Intake (probably won't do because I prefer the extra filtration of the standard filters)
  • LT2 intake (I'm really thinking about this one b/c I am understanding I won't need a tune - for warranty purposes)
  • Range Device (I will probably get this first, but my 2021 LT1 isn't officially supported; however, it seems people have had success with it for the 2020+ A10 cars anyway)
  • BMR Cradle lockout (Not sure if I want to do this or not yet, b/c the Camaro seems much better than my mustang from the start.. need to drive it more, and good lord the price is much higher for the Camaro than the Mustang)

I appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

Thanks!
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
Chrome383Z
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: McCordsville, Indiana
Posts: 75
I would recommend GMPP SG3 Lowering Kit/SC1 Sway bar kit...along with 1LE size wheels/tires. That would make a world of difference in the handling department.

I didn’t notice any SOTP gains with the rotofab or ported throttle body to be honest... the throttle controller is definitely fun and cheap! (Solar Eng).
__________________
2019 Shock 2SS. Solar TB/TC, Rotofab, ACS Splitter/Side Skirts/ZL1 Spoiler, Velgen VF5 Wheels/GY SC3
Chrome383Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
Thanks for the information!
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #4
Callaway SC630
 
Callaway SC630's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 110
Splash guards.
__________________
There is a hole in my hood.

-----------------------------------------------------

2020 Callaway Camaro SC630 - MN6 1SS Satin Steel
2019 Callaway Corvette SC757 - MN7 1LZ Elkhart Lake Blue
Callaway SC630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,437
to the forums and the Camaro

I would do what my signature says, didn't regret any of those mods, my car drives awesome. BMR has a rear cradle lockout kit for our cars, too, and it does help, but the extent is more incremental than transformative. I have 1LE spec wheels and tires, they made a tangible difference in cornering capability.

Rock guards are a must, especially if you decide to go wider on tires, otherwise you'll find yourself having to embrace those cute white paint chips all over your rockers. Some of those sucker can even get kicked up to the quarter panel. I would consider side skirts, too, for the same reason.

Any plans of interior mods, or do you only care about power and handling?
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV
Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster
Soler LT5 95mm TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | Jannetty Racing custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:43 PM   #6
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
Hey thanks for the feedback.

@arpad_m: Yeah I think I would definitely love to have your mods.. a little out of my prices range at the moment.. family poor ...I'm mainly into speed and handling, but it would be nice to get a built in garage door opener (not sure if there is a visor with homelink option out there).

I definitely would like to get some wider tires.. especially on the back.. I'm hoping I can score(relatively cheap) an SS version rear wheel that matches my current wheels (split 5 spoke). I honestly have to cool it a little.. I ordered the Range device today and the wife is starting to give me looks... she knows I have the car disease .

@Callaway/arpad_m: I will definitely have to check out the rock/splash guards.. Any suggestions on brand/type?.. I haven't looked at these at all yet.

I appreciate the input and look forward to living vicariously through you guys with the more extreme builds...
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:50 PM   #7
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS
 
2SS Capt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: North County San Diego area
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayLT1 View Post
All,

I just bought(yesterday) a 2021 Camaro LT1 A10, and I am loving the car.

I had a fully loaded/premium 2018 Mustang GT PP1 car A10 with magneride that I loved. Unfortunately I traded it in due to the tick (Since mine was so bad it sounded more like a rod was knocking). Took it to the stealership a few time and got the 'That's normal reply'.. so I had to let it go...


Anyway, I'm loving the Camaro for the 270 mile trip I drove back from the dealership. The suspension is definitely less bouncy than my mustang.. I could only imagine what mageride would fee like on this car. ...

On my mustang I installed a BMR cradle lockout and Ford Performance toe link bushing, which really helped the mustang be much better in handling and take off due to all the rubber bushings(deflection, etc.). I mean it really made a night and day difference and I cannot stress it enough to any 2015+ mustang owner.

So my reason for giving that background is I want to know what people consider must do's for the Camaro from a performance perspective (speed, and handling). I need to keep my warranty so please keep that in mind.. if something is relatively easy to remove(less than couple of hours), etc. I'm open.


From lurking on the forum for a while Here is what I gathered so far (in no specific order):
  • RotoFab Intake (probably won't do because I prefer the extra filtration of the standard filters)
  • LT2 intake (I'm really thinking about this one b/c I am understanding I won't need a tune - for warranty purposes)
  • Range Device (I will probably get this first, but my 2021 LT1 isn't officially supported; however, it seems people have had success with it for the 2020+ A10 cars anyway)
  • BMR Cradle lockout (Not sure if I want to do this or not yet, b/c the Camaro seems much better than my mustang from the start.. need to drive it more, and good lord the price is much higher for the Camaro than the Mustang)

I appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

Thanks!
If you put on an LT2 intake, tune or not, your warranty is gone...
__________________
2020 Shadow Gray Metallic 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Wheels, Black Camaro Fender Badge, Footwell Lighting
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, SS Logo Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedal Kit, SS Wheel Center Caps, Black Lugs & Locks, GM Body Color Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Hero Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Bumper, Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Rockers; SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:58 PM   #8
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayLT1 View Post
Hey thanks for the feedback.

@arpad_m: Yeah I think I would definitely love to have your mods.. a little out of my prices range at the moment.. family poor ...I'm mainly into speed and handling, but it would be nice to get a built in garage door opener (not sure if there is a visor with homelink option out there).

I definitely would like to get some wider tires.. especially on the back.. I'm hoping I can score(relatively cheap) an SS version rear wheel that matches my current wheels (split 5 spoke). I honestly have to cool it a little.. I ordered the Range device today and the wife is starting to give me looks... she knows I have the car disease .

@Callaway/arpad_m: I will definitely have to check out the rock/splash guards.. Any suggestions on brand/type?.. I haven't looked at these at all yet.

I appreciate the input and look forward to living vicariously through you guys with the more extreme builds...
Haha, you'll need to stop coming to the forums if you want to protect your wallet As you will soon find out, my build is one of the most humble in this neck of the woods.

Here's a visor or headliner mountable homelink remote: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A79G9FY

I have these simple black mudflap style guards that work fairly well (a company called ZL1 Addons also sells a similar product): https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...ards---stealth. If you want the Rolls-Royce of rock guards, ACS Composite is at your service: https://acscomposite.com/collections...chip-guards-19

There are always people who sell factory SS wheels in the tire & wheel section.

The way I handled the, hm, budget impact is I sat down with wifey and came to a mutual understanding that included a time horizon and some of her little dream items as well. She wants me to be happy in our marriage, and vice versa. I'd suggest that you steer clear of warranty impacting items for a while, give the car some time, most engine and drivetrain failures surface during the first couple hundred or thousand miles.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV
Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster
Soler LT5 95mm TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | Jannetty Racing custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:08 AM   #9
Staves
 
Drives: women crazy
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 372
Must dos? Nothing. My car is fast, handles great, and sounds awesome.
__________________
‘19 1SS A10, Borla S-type Non-NPP.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:44 AM   #10
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
If you put on an LT2 intake, tune or not, your warranty is gone...
I would put the LT1 back on the car before taking it to the dealership. I don't believe they could tell from looking at the PCM, etc..

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:49 AM   #11
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Haha, you'll need to stop coming to the forums if you want to protect your wallet As you will soon find out, my build is one of the most humble in this neck of the woods.

Here's a visor or headliner mountable homelink remote: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A79G9FY

I have these simple black mudflap style guards that work fairly well (a company called ZL1 Addons also sells a similar product): https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...ards---stealth. If you want the Rolls-Royce of rock guards, ACS Composite is at your service: https://acscomposite.com/collections...chip-guards-19

There are always people who sell factory SS wheels in the tire & wheel section.

The way I handled the, hm, budget impact is I sat down with wifey and came to a mutual understanding that included a time horizon and some of her little dream items as well. She wants me to be happy in our marriage, and vice versa. I'd suggest that you steer clear of warranty impacting items for a while, give the car some time, most engine and drivetrain failures surface during the first couple hundred or thousand miles.
Awesome, thanks for the info.. give me things to think about .

Yeah I definitely was planning on keeping it fairly stock for a while to make sure the car doesn't have any issues. It was built on 11/20 so not supposed to have the valve spring issue (but ya never know.)

Thanks again for all your help.
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:55 AM   #12
GrayLT1
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: MS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Must dos? Nothing. My car is fast, handles great, and sounds awesome.

I definitely agree. This car is quite fun... I'm just the type that wants to tweak things to be a little bit better than factory.
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:41 AM   #13
Staves
 
Drives: women crazy
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayLT1 View Post
I definitely agree. This car is quite fun... I'm just the type that wants to tweak things to be a little bit better than factory.
Been there done that. Usually that results in
1-Harsher ride, strange noises
2-No gains in performance
3-wallet drain.

Modding to me is for guys trying to get their Civics up to 210hp.
Exact reason I bought my SS. Beast out of the box. Needs nothing (although I needed an exhaust as non-NPP was a joke). Now I watch my $$$ grow.
__________________
‘19 1SS A10, Borla S-type Non-NPP.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:36 AM   #14
JCunningham


 
JCunningham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 7,055
if it doest require a tune its not worth it. dont bother. if you want to keep warranty dont mess with the engine. if you want to mod do wheels, tires more for cosmetic then performance.
__________________
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.