Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
p.s.

Drives: 2014 v6 manual
bad tie rods at 16k miles?

I've had excessive steering wheel feedback over uneven pavement for the last few thousand miles. jacked the front of my car up and theres about a quarter in ch of play left to right. Anyway I took it to the dealer and they said it was my after market sway bar getting hung up which i politely disagreed. I'm supposed to get my alternator replaced next week sometime as well as my faulty radio.

My question is how much play is normal left to right? I though no play was acceptable. When they tried to show me at the dealership the removed the wheel so i had nothing to grab and I couldn't produce the same jiggle. I'm honestly sick of owning this car after spending months twisting arms to get work done. Also they said I had the car apart and kept trying to press me on admitting it. I don't think that should matter in this scenario.
p.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Put the stock parts back on and take it to a different dealership...
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Some play is going to be inherent as you're pushing against the steering rack which does have some play in it. You need to look at the tie rod ends while you try to shake the wheel back and forth to see if they are actually shot.

Learn how to work on your own car and forget going to the dealer.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote