Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #43
sengli

 
sengli's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 778
Seems as if someone on here said they added to their car, and it was like $3000. I have read the posts, and I still think this thing is a toy, and for me anyway a absolutely useless option.
__________________
2018 ZL1 Bright Yellow, A10, PDR, sunroof, carbon hood, and dash
2020 2SS A10 sunroof..shock and steel special
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #44
gtfoxy

 
gtfoxy's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Seems as if someone on here said they added to their car, and it was like $3000. I have read the posts, and I still think this thing is a toy, and for me anyway a absolutely useless option.
I never used the home link in my SS, but I use the mirror camera now when backing up. Combined with the regular back up camera itís very easy to see whatís behind you & to your sides.

For normal driving I dont care for it.

Now just need one for the front bumper to see how close Iím getting. Iím way paranoid & always end up parking back like 3í.
__________________
Itís an Auto, because reasons & shit.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:46 AM   #45
ember1205
Hot Camaro
 
ember1205's Avatar
 
Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Join Date: May 2020
Location: CT
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I never used the home link in my SS, but I use the mirror camera now when backing up. Combined with the regular back up camera itís very easy to see whatís behind you & to your sides.

For normal driving I dont care for it.

Now just need one for the front bumper to see how close Iím getting. Iím way paranoid & always end up parking back like 3í.
You already have a 'front camera' for parking... Back in.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #46
Chrome383Z
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: McCordsville, Indiana
Posts: 75
I have a 2019 and put an aftermarket ZL1 spoiler on w/o camera.

Wonder how difficult it would be to put the shark fin camera on. Assume I’d just have to buy the shark fin and route the wire from the trunk up to the shark fin.

Funny thing is I didn’t even know I had the rear view camera as the salesman never mentioned it. I found out when I was removing my SS spoiler and freaked out for a second because I thought it was my backup camera and that I can’t live without (tight garage). lol
__________________
2019 Shock 2SS. Solar TB/TC, Rotofab, ACS Splitter/Side Skirts/ZL1 Spoiler, Velgen VF5 Wheels/GY SC3
Chrome383Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #47
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler
 
Bumbleboy92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT v6
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
I have a 2019 and put an aftermarket ZL1 spoiler on w/o camera.

Wonder how difficult it would be to put the shark fin camera on. Assume Iíd just have to buy the shark fin and route the wire from the trunk up to the shark fin.

Funny thing is I didnít even know I had the rear view camera as the salesman never mentioned it. I found out when I was removing my SS spoiler and freaked out for a second because I thought it was my backup camera and that I canít live without (tight garage). lol
Not hard at all, the hardest part would be finding the shark fin camera for a good price.
__________________
Car Journal

Overkill Tune - K&N CAI - Ported 80mm Throttle Body - Ported Intake Manifold - 4 Piston Brembos - FE3 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - BMR Lower Control Arms - MeganRacing Toe Arms

Happiness: Infinite.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.