Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #43
sengli

Drives: 2020 2SS
Seems as if someone on here said they added to their car, and it was like $3000. I have read the posts, and I still think this thing is a toy, and for me anyway a absolutely useless option.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #44
gtfoxy

Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Seems as if someone on here said they added to their car, and it was like $3000. I have read the posts, and I still think this thing is a toy, and for me anyway a absolutely useless option.
I never used the home link in my SS, but I use the mirror camera now when backing up. Combined with the regular back up camera itís very easy to see whatís behind you & to your sides.

For normal driving I dont care for it.

Now just need one for the front bumper to see how close Iím getting. Iím way paranoid & always end up parking back like 3í.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:46 AM   #45
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I never used the home link in my SS, but I use the mirror camera now when backing up. Combined with the regular back up camera itís very easy to see whatís behind you & to your sides.

For normal driving I dont care for it.

Now just need one for the front bumper to see how close Iím getting. Iím way paranoid & always end up parking back like 3í.
You already have a 'front camera' for parking... Back in.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #46
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I have a 2019 and put an aftermarket ZL1 spoiler on w/o camera.

Wonder how difficult it would be to put the shark fin camera on. Assume I’d just have to buy the shark fin and route the wire from the trunk up to the shark fin.

Funny thing is I didn’t even know I had the rear view camera as the salesman never mentioned it. I found out when I was removing my SS spoiler and freaked out for a second because I thought it was my backup camera and that I can’t live without (tight garage). lol
Old 12-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #47
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
I have a 2019 and put an aftermarket ZL1 spoiler on w/o camera.

Wonder how difficult it would be to put the shark fin camera on. Assume Iíd just have to buy the shark fin and route the wire from the trunk up to the shark fin.

Funny thing is I didnít even know I had the rear view camera as the salesman never mentioned it. I found out when I was removing my SS spoiler and freaked out for a second because I thought it was my backup camera and that I canít live without (tight garage). lol
Not hard at all, the hardest part would be finding the shark fin camera for a good price.

Overkill Tune - K&N CAI - Ported 80mm Throttle Body - Ported Intake Manifold - 4 Piston Brembos - FE3 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - BMR Lower Control Arms - MeganRacing Toe Arms

Happiness: Infinite.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote