Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Yeah the 5th had the cook 'comeback' factor since it was the first Camaro in years, and it got the advertising from Transformers.
Marketing! It works, I don’t understand why GM doesn’t market the car... I remember the WS6 4th Gen trans am commercials when I was a kid they were awesome...
Old 12-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #16
Orangeman13

Drives: 2023 Black Camaro 2SS
I thought GM canceling the Camaro was just a rumor. Did I miss something?
Orangeman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #17
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
And now sales of new V8 Camaros are banned in Washington State and California due to copper content found in their brake pads. GM has not supported this car.
Cars on the lot by December 31st can still be sold. Just new ones cannot be ordered. Plus when ‘22 order bank opens up, they can be ordered because they will have compliant brake pads.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #18

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I haven't heard any reports of compliant brake pads on other models causing wrecks or complaints from owners about bad stopping performance.

The issue isn't the California and Washington requirements, its GMs indifference that is the problem. Are other makes in the same boat as Camaro? Are Corvettes and other GM makes, or other manufacturer's vehicles with hi-performance brakes also un-orderable?

I doubt it. It's just GM and their bothersome unwanted step-child, the Camaro.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #19
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Kind of reminds me of the 4th gen Camaro vs the new edge Mustang era. Specifically the 4 valve modular vs the LS1. Similar in price and power, but obviously they discontinued the Camaro and not the Mustang. The Camaro was better in many ways, but let's face it the Mustang just apparently has a broader appeal. Combine that with lack of marketing, it's no wonder they are discontinuing it again
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Visibility in so many cars is getting terrible - with the high belt-lines driven by safety regulations. Camaro is not much different than a Corvette in this respect either - both cars have pretty terrible visibility. Doesn't really bother me - I'm used to it having owned 4 Corvettes and countless Camaros. In fact - these cars have never been great at rearward visibility - my other Camaro currently is a 71 and it's not so great either.
Challenger visibility is not much better either - another high belt-line car with a big pillar behind the drivers window.

I don't have to deal with it most of the time however - since I run with the top down 90% of the time I drive my 6th gen!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Visibility in so many cars is getting terrible - with the high belt-lines driven by safety regulations. Camaro is not much different than a Corvette in this respect either - both cars have pretty terrible visibility. Doesn't really bother me - I'm used to it having owned 4 Corvettes and countless Camaros. In fact - these cars have never been great at rearward visibility - my other Camaro currently is a 71 and it's not so great either.
Challenger visibility is not much better either - another high belt-line car with a big pillar behind the drivers window.

I don't have to deal with it most of the time however - since I run with the top down 90% of the time I drive my 6th gen!

What I hate most about the Camaro is the driver's side visibility and the blind spot. The Mustang isn't nearly as bad in that regard.

I really don't know what they design it with it like that. That itself IS a safety concern.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #22
Staves

Drives: women crazy
This guys’d opinion is one opinion. Who cares. And yes a Mustang is just as pricey similarly equipped. The LT1 is a better option for sure than a base Mustang GT as at least you get modes and smart phone integration.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #23
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
What I hate most about the Camaro is the driver's side visibility and the blind spot. The Mustang isn't nearly as bad in that regard.

I really don't know what they design it with it like that. That itself IS a safety concern.
Top down removes that issue !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
I wasn’t interested in the Camaro and originally wanted to get a GT350 or Mach 1, but I saw videos on YouTube of drivers purely enjoying the driving experience of the SS 1LE. Pro drivers and amateurs were smiling from ear to ear saying that it is the best bang for you buck performance car on the road.

This is my first muscle car and I come from MR2 Turbo, Evo X, and still have my Ford Raptor. Life is too short to be driving a boring car. Even though I live in CA, electric cars are fun go karts, but I need that V8 rumble in my life. It is like the heartbeat of the car. I don’t see many Camaros on the street. When I went to the dealer to see an SS 1LE in the showroom, the 6th Gen hit it out of the park. Also I want a manual since most manufacturers are getting rid of them. Look at the 2007-09 911 Turbo manual pricing. This will be a special car when they start making everything automated. It is a pure muscle car with M3 handling, C63 AMG power, and affordable GM replacements parts.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
I wasn’t interested in the Camaro and originally wanted to get a GT350 or Mach 1, but I saw videos on YouTube of drivers purely enjoying the driving experience of the SS 1LE. Pro drivers and amateurs were smiling from ear to ear saying that it is the best bang for you buck performance car on the road.

This is my first muscle car and I come from MR2 Turbo, Evo X, and still have my Ford Raptor. Life is too short to be driving a boring car. Even though I live in CA, electric cars are fun go karts, but I need that V8 rumble in my life. It is like the heartbeat of the car. I don’t see many Camaros on the street. When I went to the dealer to see an SS 1LE in the showroom, the 6th Gen hit it out of the park. Also I want a manual since most manufacturers are getting rid of them. Look at the 2007-09 911 Turbo manual pricing. This will be a special car when they start making everything automated. It is a pure muscle car with M3 handling, C63 AMG power, and affordable GM replacements parts.
Agree on every point.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #26
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
I joined this forum only three years ago, yet I find the number of "visibility sucks" comments already astounding. The funny thing is I have a vision defect and still no appreciable problems with visibility in the Camaro.

What else do people want to see after setting their side mirrors correctly? The pavement right behind the car? More of the sky through the rear glass? Seriously? The quarter window is small, but is it too small perhaps?

How about sedans with 3 headrests in the rear that block more than half the rear windshield (say, Tesla Model S), yet hardly anybody takes issue? This is one of those perception "games" with a small kernel of truth surrounded by a ten mile thick meme.

You know what, it must be a comfort issue, people are used to a certain glass height or an aspect ratio, and the Camaro makes them uncomfortable. I swear if GM raised the roof by 1" and lowered the beltline by 1", along with some advertising ("you commented, we responded—2022 Camaro with the same outstanding powertrain and extra visibility"), the complaints would stop instantly, even though the result from the change would be marginal at best.

Anyway, I'll stop for good. This would definitely make a very interesting usability study.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #27
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Just my opinion and my 2ct. I don’t find looking out the back to be horrible . That’s what mirrors are for. The only thing I think gm should do is offer the blind spot detection on lower trim levels. I think this would be beneficial to all. I drive my plumbing van.(Nissan nv2500) every day. No rearview mirror no back windows no side cargo window. All I have are side mirrors and a backup camera and I feel comfortable doing so and have been for 5 years. Some people seem to feel obligated to defend what they drive. It’s a choice like anything else. I chose to drive a muscle car. I’m not an old man nor am I young. I grew up in mid70/80’s when there was no such thing as a muscle car. All I can say is not matter Ford ,mopar or Chevy. I’m just glad to see a renaissance of muscle. These are the days I dreamed about as a kid when I got my first ride in a real 69 numbers matching z-28. It’s a beautiful time to be a car guy or girl.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #28
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
To those that complain that you can’t see out of a Camaro and storage is bad....... go get a van and you will be happy then. No one forced you to buy it? Love it or leave it IMO.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote