Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-10-2020, 12:39 AM   #1
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Need to Replace all Radiators / Intercooler Heat Exchangers, which should I choose?

Like the title says, I need to replace all of my radiators/intercooler’s, after an incident on the track this weekend.

Does one company make a superior product to the others?

I see that weapon X and Afco have all three intercoolers/Radiator in their packages Whereas ProSpeed and C and R racing only make one.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:13 AM   #2
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Like the title says, I need to replace all of my radiators/intercooler’s, after an incident on the track this weekend.

Does one company make a superior product to the others?

I see that weapon X and Afco have all three intercoolers/Radiator in their packages Whereas ProSpeed and C and R racing only make one.
Crap! This sounds like a wreck? Hope you're ok GMG.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
From the title i knew this couldn't be good. Sorry to hear it GMG. It looks like you already have done a lot of info gathering. I know @travislambert was looking into the C&R Racing radiator. Have you definitely confirmed that's the only unit they make for the Camaro? Either way Sir, good luck...
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Thanks guys, I wasn’t the one driving the car when the crash happened, that was probably my first mistake, The person who was driving it is fine thankfully And he has graciously accepted to pay for the repair costs

I think the car will be fine and very salvageable, but just to be safe it’s going to get a frame check very soon and then we will go from there.

On the positive side, I was able to get a new personal best by about half a second over my previous best haha!

I’ll reach out to Travis
Old 08-11-2020, 06:07 AM   #5
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Dang that’s sucks specially if you were not driving!! Did you get track insurance? They should definitely cover it.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Cautionary note: if you deviate from stock and get it all back together and find latent issues, there will be finger pointing about whether the issues are related to additional (unseen) damage, non-stock parts, etc. With multiple parties (Bill-payer, owner, vendors, GM), it could get sticky in a hurry. Sometimes crash damage isn’t as cut and dry as it appears at first pass.
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote