Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #645
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
The new Lexus' seem to have 1 large grill, with nothing separating the top from the bottom. Unless we are talking about 2 different lexus'.

I don't know, when I see the original 5th gen, it only seems evolutionary to do what they did. Had they changed the front end completely, there may have been a lot more people saying it's changed too much, or that it doesn't look like a Camaro anymore.

But to each his/her own.
I feel like the pinch on the Lexus grill...even though it isn't separating it into two grills....still creates a similar effect, by creating a seam at that height. Again, not a clone, but it feels similar.

I loved how the 3rd Gen Camaro had that large grill at the bottom, and the new design reminds me of that...except for the upper grill. Then it goes into Camry territory for me. If the center of the 6th Gen Camaro's upper grill was filled in...so it has an inset headlight feel like 3rd Gens, I might like it more (or it could look horrible, I don't know).
Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #646
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Why are people so shocked!?

GM delivered exactly what we expected people.

Smaller car, more curves, bigger windows and a NEW design.

It looks just that ... it looks like a freakin' Camaro with bigger windows, more curves and a bit smaller.

The tail lights look like a flattened out version of the 14-15 style tail lights...

I'd definitely snag one of these up, I'd just wait a couple of years until they work out all the kinks. I'll save up for a 2nd year production ZL1.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #647
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Very disappointed with the new 6th gen. I was hoping that they were trying to make it look like a 5th gen in camo, but apparently they did in real life as well. Seems more like a model year change as opposed to a completely new platform. My thinking GM missed the mark on this one.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #648
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The pictures are real, not renders. You can clearly see the lighting equipment in the reflections of the front and rear bumpers.
Renders have lighting effects, that means nothing. You will see real photos tomorrow and there will be a dramatic difference in detail.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #649
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Renders have lighting effects, that means nothing. You will see real photos tomorrow and there will be a dramatic difference in detail.
Exactly tomorrow's pics, the real ones will tell the real story.

O and the camaro doesn't look like ANY other car, it looks like..... Well it looks like a camaro!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Old 05-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #650
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Anyone see this article?

http://jalopnik.com/leaked-memo-answ...s-a-1704765341

I like this part...

• Segment-exclusive, Interior Spectrum Lighting that offers 24 different ambient lighting settings – and offers a “car show” mode

• High-definition, configurable color displays – including available dual 8-inch screens

• Available wireless phone charging and next-generation Chevrolet MyLink with new smartphone projection
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Old 05-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #651
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Whatever actually happened, I hope they talk about it tomorrow at the reveal. Granted, I won't be there, but hopefully one of the people there can post about it. If they just ignore it I think that would be odd.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #652
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Very disappointed with the new 6th gen. I was hoping that they were trying to make it look like a 5th gen in camo, but apparently they did in real life as well. Seems more like a model year change as opposed to a completely new platform. My thinking GM missed the mark on this one.
I see what you're saying, but I think GM played it safe ... but at the same time, went for a different look.

They completely did away with the famous Halo lights that made the Camaro's famous.

I mean look at any high def picture you Google of a Camaro 5th gen, and the Halo's looking menacing will pop up the majority of the time.. Halo's are what made the 5th gen so iconic in my humble opinion.

It's different enough to let you know that it's a different car, but similar enough to let you know it's a Camaro.

I like it.... it's different.

The only serious issue the 5th gens had is that when it was released, the bar was instantly set... how the heck was GM supposed to beat the way the 5th gen looks? Come on now...
Old 05-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #653
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
If I could have one of my old cars back it would be my 58' with the 348 BB!!!
'58 Impala with 348, 3 deuces, and 3-speed with overdrive is my all-time favorite! And I owned a '56 Bel Air, 300hp 327, 3-speed.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #654
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Yeah... looking at the rear shots, the bumpers look shiny but the sides look matte, and I can't see a body line where the bumper clips in to the body. That's why it looks like a render to me personally. Can't wait for some photos tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #655
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
I just hope they resist the urge to slap UN-needed chrome strips on the front the car this time. The last refresh makes the the RS model appear that they have glasses on. Everytime I see one, I'm reminded of my grandfather peeking thru his glasses at something. Which is a shame, because if you wanted the cool headlights that the RS package has, you were stuck with that gaudy chrome strip.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #656
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
80%...Not even remotely that high. Take a look at forum membership. I would say close to half but still below it. Same thing with the Mustang GT and even more so with the Challenger. A lot of people buy without really caring anything about the history or development of the car. Even fewer join forums like this to post their opinions or research the car.
Not to mention, it's easy to pick apart a GT or SS at a glance, for an R/T it's tough unless you see the R/T badge on the front (or if you see one of those huge R/T side stickers that go all the way down the car).
Old 05-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #657
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I see what you're saying, but I think GM played it safe ... but at the same time, went for a different look.

They completely did away with the famous Halo lights that made the Camaro's famous.

I mean look at any high def picture you Google of a Camaro 5th gen, and the Halo's looking menacing will pop up the majority of the time.. Halo's are what made the 5th gen so iconic in my humble opinion.

It's different enough to let you know that it's a different car, but similar enough to let you know it's a Camaro.

I like it.... it's different.

The only serious issue the 5th gens had is that when it was released, the bar was instantly set... how the heck was GM supposed to beat the way the 5th gen looks? Come on now...
When the 5th gen came out, I thought the Halo's were a complete ripoff of BMW.

Now, all the automakers want to rip off Audi's signature LED "tears" of lighting just under the headlamps.

I wish GM would hurry up and be a pioneer in offering multiple models with LED headlamps and not just running lamps.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #658
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I'm so excited !!!!!!!!!! They may actually have a Turbo 4 for the 2016 Camaro !!!!!!!!

Closed Thread