Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #43
Rbelflower

Drives: 1968 RS/SS, 1992 RS & 2018 2SS Red
Thank you to all that have added comments to this forum/site.
It has been very helpful.

Has anyone been able to find the LEDs to install into the radio into existing factory location?
I was thinking of pulling them out of the cup holder light but I would have to order 4 cup holder lights to accomplish this.

Am I incorrect about this?
Rbelflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:24 PM   #44
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
For radio you would need only two LEDs. you can get them if you order footwell lighting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbelflower View Post
Thank you to all that have added comments to this forum/site.
It has been very helpful.

Has anyone been able to find the LEDs to install into the radio into existing factory location?
I was thinking of pulling them out of the cup holder light but I would have to order 4 cup holder lights to accomplish this.

Am I incorrect about this?
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #45
Rbelflower

Thank you Anakula..
That is very helpful.
Do you know if the connections are the same and wired already since my 1SS has the single LED in the radio?
Or would I need to tap into the existing 3 wires I just installed?
Old 11-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #46
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
you would need to tap the existing 3 wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbelflower View Post
Thank you Anakula..
That is very helpful.
Do you know if the connections are the same and wired already since my 1SS has the single LED in the radio?
Or would I need to tap into the existing 3 wires I just installed?
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM   #47
Rbelflower

Thank you again for all of your help Anukula.

So I ordered 2 additional lights for the center cup holders as they have the LEDs as well.
The costs for the 2 was under $100.00 with shipping and I already have a wiring module coming and thanks to another member, I know what plugs/connectors to use.
I ordered those as well.

Had I not know this, I would have ordered the footwell lighting kit so thank you for that information.

I took the center cups holder light apart.. I was able to accomplish this without breaking it so that we good.
Not that I need the leftovers but I didn't want to break the LEDs either.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #48
EV1L1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by anukula View Post
Finally im able to add spectrum lighting to door panels and radio and cup holder lights as well. Thanks to Hyper1ss. Everything works
Looks great!! What process did you take to get the cup holder lighting done? I know the part number to order but what about wires and less?

Thanks!
EV1L1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #49
JMZK2LT

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2lt 2016 Lincoln MKZ
did you get the cup holder light too? i got a 2LT with the white bar radio and i really like to upgrade to the spectrum lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
I am doing a DIY for the work around on the 1SS if you upgraded to the interior spectrum lighting. The kit comes with the door spectrum lighting and the footwell lighting. after installing and the dealership flashing the BCM and HMI it still does not give us control of the radio LED light bar on the top so it stays white. The doors and footwell lighting can be changed by driver mode or from the radio touchscreen like the 2SS. The reason the radio does not change is because it has a single white LED installed on the 1SS instead of the multi color as the 2SS came with. So to work around this you can either use your footwell lighting kit that is in the kit and replace the LED boards in the back of the radio or buy a extra footwell light kit like I did and replace the LED boards with it and run the wiring (T-tap) into your already installed footwell lighting kit to be able to change colors on the top of the radio as well just like the 2SS.
JMZK2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #50
Rbelflower

I did.
I purchased a 2SS center console off of ebay, then ordered the 2SS center console piece from a dealership.
I then toned out the wires and tapped into them and routed a wire to the newly installed lighting kit.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #51
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMZK2LT View Post
did you get the cup holder light too? i got a 2LT with the white bar radio and i really like to upgrade to the spectrum lights
I purchased a 2SS complete console with the cup holder light and wireless charger. Ran new wires and tapped in where I needed and everything works.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #52
GodIHateMustangs

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE 2015 RS
Can you provide the information on where you purchased the additional footwell wiring harness? Maybe because this is years later, but I can't seem to find the wiring harness available separately. Doesn't make sense to buy 2 sets of the illuminated footwell kits. I have the 2SS doors with interior lighting, the illuminated door sills came without the wiring harness for whatever reason. I want to get all of this installed on my 1LE but I'm currently stuck in the mud without these wiring harnesses. Is there an aftermarket multicolor led available for the 1SS radio?
GodIHateMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #53
GodIHateMustangs

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE 2015 RS
Another question, is the 2SS ambient light control module necessary or is the 1SS compatible?
GodIHateMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:24 PM   #54
Razmosis

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Hello everyone!

Thanks everyone for all this great info...Quick question though. I have a Manual 1SS and for the cupholder lights, is the floor console assembly the same for the Auto and Manual transmissions? For example if I bought a 2SS console from Ebay would I need to find one from a manual 2SS or will the Automatic ones fit the same?
Razmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #55
Jarvisfrom85

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Has anyone figured out how to use the leds from the light up cup holder and replace the white leds on the radio with them? It’s cheaper to buy two light up cup holders then the footwell light kit.
Jarvisfrom85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #56
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvisfrom85 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to use the leds from the light up cup holder and replace the white leds on the radio with them? It’s cheaper to buy two light up cup holders then the footwell light kit.
Same process as using the ones from the footwell lights.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote