Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #15
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
Probably going to get their 2" myself. Any reason u went with the 1&7/8?
I plan on staying NA and not going boosted so the 1 7/8 are better suited for my application.
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
chaoscentral

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
My X pipe kit arrived today. Welds look great! just waiting on the headers tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #17
PatrioticLEO

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I had my catless long tubes and catless x pipe kit from them installed a couple months ago and hands down I have never been happier with a mod purchase. Have recommended them for every ss owner that has asked me about my set up. Unfortunately I wish I had known sooner that you 100% need the o2 extensions��
PatrioticLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #18
CesarT

Drives: '17 1ss
I didnt need the 02 extensions on mine?
CesarT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:22 AM   #19
chaoscentral

So I got my headers in today. Box was destroyed from Fedex and re-taped shut, but looks like no damage and no missing pieces. Quick question, is there only supposed to be one bung for the rear O2s? I assume they will have to be turned off in the tune.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:12 AM   #20
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Two primary o2 and your wideband
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #21
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscentral View Post
So I got my headers in today. Box was destroyed from Fedex and re-taped shut, but looks like no damage and no missing pieces. Quick question, is there only supposed to be one bung for the rear O2s? I assume they will have to be turned off in the tune.
Yes the one rear bung is for a wideband sensor if you have one and the front two are for the front o2s the rear o2s get deleted due to not having cats.

I would also recommend the speed engineering spark plug wires. They will help create more clearance with the header primary. The stock plugs work just fine, but the 3rd cylinder plug on the driver side slightly touches the wire and it wasnt affecting the performance, but i figured not touching would be better. The Speed engineering plug wires fit perfectly and looked great!
Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
chaoscentral

Got my Headers and X Pipe kit installed on Sunday. Took a while. Was rushing a bit near the end connecting up the X Pipe kit. didn't double check the clamps my friend tightened from the headers to the connector pipes and yesterday they came off the headers. Paid the idiot tax and bent the drivers side connector pipe. Oh well, no other damage so placed an order for a replacement X Pipe kit this morning. I will be quadruple checking everything this time haha. On a positive note I did get to hear it open headers and god damn is it LOUD AF with no piping or mufflers.

Fitment was spot on though! The hardest part was getting the stock pieces off and getting the damn oil dipstick back in.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #23
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Got my Headers and X Pipe kit installed on Sunday. Took a while. Was rushing a bit near the end connecting up the X Pipe kit. didn't double check the clamps my friend tightened from the headers to the connector pipes and yesterday they came off the headers. Paid the idiot tax and bent the drivers side connector pipe. Oh well, no other damage so placed an order for a replacement X Pipe kit this morning. I will be quadruple checking everything this time haha. On a positive note I did get to hear it open headers and god damn is it LOUD AF with no piping or mufflers.

Fitment was spot on though! The hardest part was getting the stock pieces off and getting the damn oil dipstick back in.

+1 on the hardest parts! Ive had mine on for a two weeks and everything is tightened and sounding great! Good thing the price on these things is great!
Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #24
chaoscentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
+1 on the hardest parts! Ive had mine on for a two weeks and everything is tightened and sounding great! Good thing the price on these things is great!
Got my replacement x pipe kit installed today. Quadruple checked everything. Fitment was spot on. No exhaust leaks. Also found out from the snafu the other day I snapped my rear muffler mounts and bent the rubber hanger mount near the rear axle. Bent the axle hanger mount to be straight and ordered my replacement rear muffler hangers haha. But so far so good. Been dialing in my tune tonight!
Old 06-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #25
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Got my replacement x pipe kit installed today. Quadruple checked everything. Fitment was spot on. No exhaust leaks. Also found out from the snafu the other day I snapped my rear muffler mounts and bent the rubber hanger mount near the rear axle. Bent the axle hanger mount to be straight and ordered my replacement rear muffler hangers haha. But so far so good. Been dialing in my tune tonight!
Thats Great!! Glad to hear its back and everything is good!
Old 06-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #26
chaoscentral

Just an update. Replaced all of the clamps with some really nice AP Exhaust TorcTite Pre-formed clamps. All the leaks are gone and its all rock solid now.

For anyone interested you will need:

8 of these - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aph-9668
2 of these - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aph-9687

a bit pricey for clamps. But its head and shoulders over the clamps that come with the kit.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #27
jwaked

Drives: 11 Corvette ZR1
quick question, why are people getting 2" instead por 1 7/8? stock motors
jwaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #28
jorgesvlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
quick question, why are people getting 2" instead por 1 7/8? stock motors
I went with 1 7/8. My plan was to stick to NA set up so didnt feel the need to go with 2". 2" can get you a tiny bit more power but the real difference is if you go boosted.