Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Question Looking For 19x12 // 19x11 Wheels (ZL1 1LE size & offset)

Searched around, but haven't seen a thread like this. If it's a duplicate, my apologies in advance.

I'm looking for a track set of wheels for my ZL1 1LE. I'd like to keep the stock sizes / offsets. The plan is to move my stock Good Years to the track wheels and put Michelin PS4S on the stock wheels for the street.

Since they're a track wheel and won't be on the car nearly as often as the street setup, I'm not looking to break the bank. Something affordable, yet in stock weights or lighter, works great. I know I just missed the Apex group buy, but I wasn't totally sold on the ARC-8s. I want to consider other options before making a purchase.

I see a lot of brands mentioned (Apex, MRR, HRE FlowForm, etc.), but not a lot of prices listed in the Sponsor Classifieds or this forum. More importantly, I notice a lot of the offerings for our cars come only in 20 inches, or if they're offered in 19 inch, they typically don't go as wide as 12 inches.

Thus, I'm looking for recommendations of aftermarket brands / wheels that make 19x12 & 19x11 wheels in the correct ZL1 1LE offsets. And given I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg, it's most likely that I'm looking for a rotary formed / flow formed wheel. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Your general options for 19"wheels that actually "fit" the ZLe, are OEM, OEM Z28, BCForged, Finspeed, and Apex...

Thats about it. Apex is the only one I put in "Affordable".... the rest are 2k+, but are also track worthy
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #3
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Spent quite a while researching this, for the same reason, and UrbanKnight pretty much covered it...

OEM ZLE, Apex and $$$ aftermarket.

MRR has a ZLE rep (M716) in 19x10.5 and 19x11. That's probably the least expensive option.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
MRR’s Reps do not fit in 19”, only 20” per them
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Your general options for 19"wheels that actually "fit" the ZLe, are OEM, OEM Z28, BCForged, Finspeed, and Apex...

Thats about it. Apex is the only one I put in "Affordable".... the rest are 2k+, but are also track worthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Spent quite a while researching this, for the same reason, and UrbanKnight pretty much covered it...

OEM ZLE, Apex and $$$ aftermarket.

MRR has a ZLE rep (M716) in 19x10.5 and 19x11. That's probably the least expensive option.
Quote:
Damn! Ok, great info. I kind of expected this since I wasn't finding what I was looking for, but appreciate the confirmation. In that case, I probably should've hopped on that Apex group buy!
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Guys I Also have noticed this issue and I just may have a solution.
Making wheels for this car is difficult but can be done, we just need to pass the hurdles
1. we need to build a 19" with a barrel large enough to clear the calipers and also the spokes
2. make a wheel 11 wide and 12 wide in which the only car it can be sold to is this car.
3 the affordable part/ making a wheel designed for a limited vehicle means that sales wont be crazy so the cost of production molds etc all get factored into a limited amount of part numbers
But here is my solution let me know if this works for you guys

Solution 1 ( and the most affordable )
we can produce for example our M755 design in factory specs
19x11 5x120 11et 66.9b
19x12 5x120 41et 66.9b
Gloss Black Flow Forged Construction priced at 1650.00 a set
The catch: will need to be a group buy and the minimum number to reach in order for us to process is 25 sets total

2nd option:
I can do the same factory specs in a 2pc forged wheel
similar to what I posted on another thread, we do a group buy with a minimum of 20 sets just to get the price down but it will still be above 2 grand simply cause is forged and a 2 pc
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_MRRWheelsInc View Post
Guys I Also have noticed this issue and I just may have a solution.
Making wheels for this car is difficult but can be done, we just need to pass the hurdles
1. we need to build a 19" with a barrel large enough to clear the calipers and also the spokes
2. make a wheel 11 wide and 12 wide in which the only car it can be sold to is this car.
3 the affordable part/ making a wheel designed for a limited vehicle means that sales wont be crazy so the cost of production molds etc all get factored into a limited amount of part numbers
But here is my solution let me know if this works for you guys

19x11 5x120 11et 66.9b
19x12 5x120 41et 66.9b
The catch: will need to be a group buy and the minimum number to reach in order for us to process is 25 sets total

2nd option:
I can do the same factory specs in a 2pc forged wheel
similar to what I posted on another thread, we do a group buy with a minimum of 20 sets just to get the price down but it will still be above 2 grand simply cause is forged and a 2 pc
I'd be interested in Solution 1 group buy, but I'm not crazy about the M755 design. If we could do the M228 or M650 in stock ZL1 1LE specs, I would hop on that! Is it possible? Or did you pick the M755 for a particular reason?

YouTube
Old 05-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
Rodan

Quote:
Which reps M716s? And don't fit what, ZLE? ZL1?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
Rodan

Quote:

19x11 5x120 11et 66.9b
19x12 5x120 41et 66.9b
I sure hope those weights are a typo...
Old 05-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I'd be interested in Solution 1 group buy, but I'm not crazy about the M755 design. If we could do the M228 or M650 in stock ZL1 1LE specs, I would hop on that! Is it possible? Or did you pick the M755 for a particular reason?
I picked the M755 only cause we already have the Flow forged mold made so extending the barrels is easier and has a smaller cost compared to creating a brand new mold, the only current wheels we have that we can achieve this price and offer is on the M755 ,

in order for us to create a new design and keep the cost low then a group buy is still a option but the minimum required jumps up/ unfortunately when a group buy minimum is to high it will be a super long wait time or it will not reach its goal.

another option is the M228 in a one piece forged model
if we can do a group buy of 20 sets minimum then the price will be at a really good affordable rate.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:30 PM   #11
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
I picked the M755 only cause we already have the Flow forged mold made so extending the barrels is easier and has a smaller cost compared to creating a brand new mold, the only current wheels we have that we can achieve this price and offer is on the M755 ,

in order for us to create a new design and keep the cost low then a group buy is still a option but the minimum required jumps up/ unfortunately when a group buy minimum is to high it will be a super long wait time or it will not reach its goal.

another option is the M228 in a one piece forged model
if we can do a group buy of 20 sets minimum then the price will be at a really good affordable rate.
M228 in a one-piece forged for a great price? count me in! hope there is interest from the community!

YouTube
Old 05-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Another option is the M228 in a one piece forged model

That would be kool. An instantly recognizable Camaro Wheel.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #13
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I sure hope those weights are a typo...
thats the bore size... I know people list as 67.1 but the car's exact hub is 66.9
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #14
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

if we can get some momentum i can make it happen / just got to get 20-25 Zl1/1LE cars on board.