Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #1
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
6th Gen ZL1 and A10 GT PP1

Been a good week seeing fast cars on the streets of Boise.

Ok, so the ZL1 and I didn't race; just cruised next to each other on the road for a bit and gave him a thumbs up before he turned off at the next light. Haven't seen many ZL1s on the road around here, nice to see one out and about. Looked pretty awesome in black on black. Curious if that guy is on C6 or not. While approaching the ZL1, passing the other direction on the other side of the road, was a Mustang RTR (couldn't tell what Spec.).

Interestingly, earlier in the same cruise I also came up on a black BMW M6 Competition. Couldn't tell if it was the 575 hp or the more recent package with 600 hp. He got on it a bit from a light while I was behind him, but only about 1 second, and definitely wasn't fully in it (there was a car in front of him). He also turned off before I did. Sweet car - hadn't seen the Competition package before.

In the parking lot where I had dinner was a Hellcat Widebody (I've talked to the owner once before). White car with black stripes.

Earlier in the week I also pulled along side a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Wowzers! Talk about nice looking.

I think for these cars and many like them, and mine included, pictures don't quite do them justice, as they just seem to always look better in person - esp that Porsche.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Been a good week seeing fast cars on the streets of Boise.

Ok, so the ZL1 and I didn't race; just cruised next to each other on the road for a bit and gave him a thumbs up before he turned off at the next light. Haven't seen many ZL1s on the road around here, nice to see one out and about. Looked pretty awesome in black on black. Curious if that guy is on C6 or not. While approaching the ZL1, passing the other direction on the other side of the road, was a Mustang RTR (couldn't tell what Spec.).

Interestingly, earlier in the same cruise I also came up on a black BMW M6 Competition. Couldn't tell if it was the 575 hp or the more recent package with 600 hp. He got on it a bit from a light while I was behind him, but only about 1 second, and definitely wasn't fully in it (there was a car in front of him). He also turned off before I did. Sweet car - hadn't seen the Competition package before.

In the parking lot where I had dinner was a Hellcat Widebody (I've talked to the owner once before). White car with black stripes.

Earlier in the week I also pulled along side a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Wowzers! Talk about nice looking.

I think for these cars and many like them, and mine included, pictures don't quite do them justice, as they just seem to always look better in person - esp that Porsche.
Sounds like a great evening seeing and enjoying other rides. I wish that was the case in my area, unfortunately where I live cars especially muscle or sport are not very popular at all. All I get to see is jacked up turbo diesel 4x4s everywhere.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Just this past weekend went to a Mustang show nearby, and while I'm a Camaro guy, I can appreciate nice cars. I know Mustangs and Camaros have a rivalry, and we give each other grief from time to time, but car guys, especially American muscle car guys are usually pretty respectful.

Saw some great modded cars, GT350Rs (got to say a great looking and great sounding car), even some Hellcats.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
Just this past weekend went to a Mustang show nearby, and while I'm a Camaro guy, I can appreciate nice cars. I know Mustangs and Camaros have a rivalry, and we give each other grief from time to time, but car guys, especially American muscle car guys are usually pretty respectful.

Saw some great modded cars, GT350Rs (got to say a great looking and great sounding car), even some Hellcats.
Nice! I love the GT350R looks, too. I think people are more respectful in general in person. Things get notched up on forums and online.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:37 PM   #5
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Nice! I love the GT350R looks, too. I think people are more respectful in general in person. Things get notched up on forums and online.
Well that is because hating a car is one thing, hating a person is different. It is ok to hate a car. It is not ok to hate a person. And at car shows or in the public you are dealing with people and not cars. I am not a fan of Mustangs despite my long history of having them, racing them, modding them, etc. I've had many Mustangs from almost every era. But honestly these days I do not like them. However I have nothing against people who drive them...except for the few who have in the past 2 years decided to troll our forum. I go to shows and I chat with Mustang guys and its a fun time. But I'll say what I have to say about them when it gets to debating,
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote