Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Thank you for the Write up..

I appreciate the work you put into it, will be tackling this project soon with a few buddies so will see how long it takes to get done.

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
V8SS

Drives: 2017 M6 NFG
Great write up! Thank you
V8SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #17
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
I did my long tubes today. Driver side was very easy. Passenger side requires a bit more work. I had to remove my motor mount and go in from the top. It may be possible with a lift to avoid removing the motor mount. I couldnt get enough of an angle from the bottom with my jack stands maxed out. Can be done in one day.
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
The tubes themselves aren't unmanageable. It took me a bit longer because I did the entire exhaust from then engine to the tail pipes. I also took a lot of time to think things through while under the car and in the engine bay so I wasn't redoing things or messing something up. Best advice is, work at your own pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
I did my long tubes today. Driver side was very easy. Passenger side requires a bit more work. I had to remove my motor mount and go in from the top. It may be possible with a lift to avoid removing the motor mount. I couldnt get enough of an angle from the bottom with my jack stands maxed out. Can be done in one day.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:42 AM   #19
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
I did manage to snap one of the motor mount bolts that bolts into the frame.. Not exactly sure what went wrong here. Removing them took a consistent amount of force almost the entire time until just a few threads were left which I just assumed was due to some factory thread locker. when I put it back in i started it by hand for a few rotations then about half way down it was very difficult but not much more than the force it took me to remove it. the second bolt went it much easier without issue.
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
I get to use a lift. has anyone confirmed if you have to remove the motor mount on a lift?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #21
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

You can remove other things to avoid removing the motor mount. I just followed the directions that were provided.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #22
JCunningham

remove stuff like what? im at removing the motor mount now. done for the night.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 09-20-2017, 07:18 AM   #23
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Sorry I don't check this thread every day. I've read about people removing the starter as opposed to the engine mount. That's probably a lot easier. Wish I would have thought of that as it was a pain to jack up the engine and fight that engine mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
remove stuff like what? im at removing the motor mount now. done for the night.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #24
JCunningham

removing the starter doesnt work the Motor mount has to come out and the starter has to go in befor you tighten the header down. Just finished my install today.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #25
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

OK, thanks for dispelling that rumor. It was just something that I've seen in other threads.

Pro tip: Check your wiring and make sure nothing is close to the headers. They will melt and you will short wiring to ground and cause faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
removing the starter doesnt work the Motor mount has to come out and the starter has to go in befor you tighten the header down. Just finished my install today.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #26
JCunningham

i tied my wiring back and heat taped it with DEI
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2019, 07:58 PM   #27
Adpitt18

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS
I’m having an absolute hell of time getting the O2 sensor plug undone to connect the extension. Completely removed white clip. Any tips?
Adpitt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #28
Twipple

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I removed the tabs on both sides with pliers, pressed down on top and pulled.
Twipple is offline   Reply With Quote