Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2019, 06:49 AM   #15
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
Agreed.

Adhesion promoter is really becoming a must have item. Paint and anything 3M sticky taped it makes a huge difference.

Also, be sure to use multiple lighter coats as opposed to heavier. With rattle can it is so easy to go that little to far and get run Mark's, which are a pain to remove. I did a few projects in the beginning where I rushed using thicker coats with shorter drying times between them, it ends up a mess. The center layers wind up "soft" almost because it isn't fully dry so if you wet sand it or touch it to soon you can leave finger prints and marks, nothing is more of a bummer then having the time in and a.mess up at the end.

Not like I'm a pro or anything, I have just been getting into the painting side more and more the past few years and love it. It really opens up the aftermarket stuff when you can do it yourself instead of having to budget in paint costs for everything you get. I used to race RC cars and worked nights so got into airbrushing the RC bodies. That was all it took to addict me lol. I haven't yet but want to do some airbrushed art on my car someday, if I can get enough courage up lol.

With YouTube anything is within your grasp. Lol
That is good painting.

If you local, I won’t hesitate for you to pint my car!
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #16
carrmro

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
Agreed.

Adhesion promoter is really becoming a must have item. Paint and anything 3M sticky taped it makes a huge difference.

Also, be sure to use multiple lighter coats as opposed to heavier. With rattle can it is so easy to go that little to far and get run Mark's, which are a pain to remove. I did a few projects in the beginning where I rushed using thicker coats with shorter drying times between them, it ends up a mess. The center layers wind up "soft" almost because it isn't fully dry so if you wet sand it or touch it to soon you can leave finger prints and marks, nothing is more of a bummer then having the time in and a.mess up at the end.

Not like I'm a pro or anything, I have just been getting into the painting side more and more the past few years and love it. It really opens up the aftermarket stuff when you can do it yourself instead of having to budget in paint costs for everything you get. I used to race RC cars and worked nights so got into airbrushing the RC bodies. That was all it took to addict me lol. I haven't yet but want to do some airbrushed art on my car someday, if I can get enough courage up lol.

With YouTube anything is within your grasp. Lol
Wow...now that is impressive, nice work!!!

It's awesome to still find things we have a passion for. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carrmro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
carrmro

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro RS
Project complete and a success. It was my first attempt at a do it yourself painting mod. I am so happy with the results.... $30 in total for a rattle can of Silver Metallic Rustoleum,a role of red and black carbon fiber auto pinstripes, a Redline RS emblem, and a roll (ALOT) of blue painters tape. More unique Redline accents and sure beats $300+ for a custom engine cover.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carrmro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 AM   #18
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Looks fantastic! Stoked you had fun with it and you didn't hit any issues.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #19
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
River City does great work...
Attached Images