Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #15
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It's getting a version of the Focus RS engine, GT suspension bits. 2.3L High Performance Package.

I know everyone here it's not their cup of tea but IMO good on Ford for offering more options
Honestly, it’s a pretty cool option and the direction Chevy should’ve gone with the V6 and Turbo 1LE: up the power
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #16
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
I still think Ford cares much more about the Mustang (given it's many many many variations), than Chevy does about the Camaro -- and it shows.
So, 4 engines each with a track version is not enough?
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraps0f View Post
So, 4 engines each with a track version is not enough?
+1 ... and convertibles too!

What’s Ford got: 350gt vert? nope. 500gt vert? nope.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #18
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I still think Ford cares much more about the Mustang (given it's many many many variations), than Chevy does about the Camaro -- and it shows.
Ford has the 4cyl EB, GT, Bullitt, and GT350.

Chevy has the 4cyl turbo, V6, SS, and ZL1.

So without getting into add-ons they have the exact same amount of variations. With the variations:

Ford has the EB PP1, GT Premium, GTPP1, GTPP2, GT350R. And of course you can mix and match and I'm not even trying to get into all that.

Chevy has the 4cyl turbo 1LE, V6 1LE, 2SS, SS 1LE, ZL1 1LE.

And we should note that the Chevy variations have adequate cooling and all necessary components to run at the track safely while the Ford counterparts do not. So where are you getting it that Chevy does not care about the Camaro and Ford cares about the Mustang? The only difference is that Mustangs come soo disassembled that you have to literally add a whole bunch of shit on. Option Group 300, Option Group 300a, then Premium or PP1 or both. Then this and then that. Then this mode. And then that mode. Oh but wait, if you add this then 5 other things get removed and you have to start all over again. They nickel and dime everything. With the Camaro you get a lot of stuff added in already and don't have to pick among a whole bunch of nonsense just to get your car the way you want it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #19
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I'll just leave this right here..... http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/...w-mustang-svo/

Basically a lot of "it could be just about anything". The most interesting to me is, they're saying it will be revealed at the New York Auto Show. I'm guessing that if it is, it will be done off-site. I'll be attending the press conferences at the show on April 17th and Ford does not have a press conference scheduled. Lincoln does, but Ford does not. Ford does have an off-site event where they are supposed to introduce the 2020 Escape. So far I don't have an invite for that so I may have to rely on one of my colleagues to give me the lowdown if she decides to go.
When I first posted this, Ford did not have a press conference scheduled. A few days ago a guy on Mustang6 pointed out to me that they did and they do. They are hosting a "National Mustang Day" event at NYIAS at their stand. So, I figured they would announce all the info on the 2.3 High Performance at this event. But all the information is already out. So.....what's left to discuss at their National Mustang Day event?

I can think of a couple things.... Guess I'll see tomorrow.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ford has the 4cyl EB, GT, Bullitt, and GT350.

Chevy has the 4cyl turbo, V6, SS, and ZL1.

So without getting into add-ons they have the exact same amount of variations. With the variations:

Ford has the EB PP1, GT Premium, GTPP1, GTPP2, GT350R. And of course you can mix and match and I'm not even trying to get into all that.

Chevy has the 4cyl turbo 1LE, V6 1LE, 2SS, SS 1LE, ZL1 1LE.

And we should note that the Chevy variations have adequate cooling and all necessary components to run at the track safely while the Ford counterparts do not. So where are you getting it that Chevy does not care about the Camaro and Ford cares about the Mustang? The only difference is that Mustangs come soo disassembled that you have to literally add a whole bunch of shit on. Option Group 300, Option Group 300a, then Premium or PP1 or both. Then this and then that. Then this mode. And then that mode. Oh but wait, if you add this then 5 other things get removed and you have to start all over again. They nickel and dime everything. With the Camaro you get a lot of stuff added in already and don't have to pick among a whole bunch of nonsense just to get your car the way you want it.
True Ford is terrbile at what options can and can not be combined.

I think what he was getting at was Ford is more willing to offer up different variations with different power levels.

You know have the base EB, the EB PP, the EB High Performance pack which has more HP and Torque, the GT, GT PP1, GT PP2, Bullitt, 350 and 350R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
When I first posted this, Ford did not have a press conference scheduled. A few days ago a guy on Mustang6 pointed out to me that they did and they do. They are hosting a "National Mustang Day" event at NYIAS at their stand. So, I figured they would announce all the info on the 2.3 High Performance at this event. But all the information is already out. So.....what's left to discuss at their National Mustang Day event?

I can think of a couple things.... Guess I'll see tomorrow.
interesting.....
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #21
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Not sure if serious
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Not sure if serious
I can see it. Ford's special editions at least offer up a little more power a majority of the time instead of just paint and stickers
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote