#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #29
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1LE View Post
All due respect to your friend, I have to disagree. Paint is there to make sure that the mix of materials used to build a car look good. Without paint, your car would have a bunch of crazy color mixes, looking something like those guys driving around town with Bondo and unpainted body kits.

The only cars that ever look good unpainted (even primer is paint matching) are cars made entirely out of carbon fiber or a DeLorean. Even DeLoreans look bad if you look closely. The plastic (or fiberglass, not sure which it is) front bumper never matched the stainless-steel body panels.
Yes, but his point is more of a "don't stress yourself" vibe. Paint is a cover for the bike/car, and we can all drive ourselves crazy worrying about a product intended to move through the air getting scratched. I'm not advising to not add the protectant, I'm just aware that eventually that coat gets scratched, too.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:34 PM   #30
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1LE View Post
The only cars that ever look good unpainted (even primer is paint matching) are cars made entirely out of carbon fiber or a DeLorean. Even DeLoreans look bad if you look closely. The plastic (or fiberglass, not sure which it is) front bumper never matched the stainless-steel body panels.

I think this looks good.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #31
SWZL11LE

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
I've got the XPel Ultimate on the whole car. My favorite thing about having the whole car wrapped is the lack of swirl marks on the vehicle. Since it is a self healing film, you never get any swirls the car always looks like it was just detailed.
SWZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #32
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWZL11LE View Post
I've got the XPel Ultimate on the whole car. My favorite thing about having the whole car wrapped is the lack of swirl marks on the vehicle. Since it is a self healing film, you never get any swirls the car always looks like it was just detailed.
I see you're also in Miami. Where did you get it done and, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #33
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
The next gen paint protection?

Spray on clear coating that you can peel off, but hard like real clear coat.