Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #15
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
If a person would pay that much for a optioned out LT1, then they might as well spend the extra money for a ZL1! Just my idea!
I agree.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #16
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
The LT1 is a beautiful car.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...-price/summary

I basically checked everything I could without losing the Wild Cherry package.

This is kind of a tongue in cheek reaction to people loading up the LT1 with options.

I thought the LT1 was supposed to get drivers into a V8 Camaro without paying the SS price?

But I guess people like the styling so much they're loading up all kinds of options that don't pertain to tracking the car at all.

I find that interesting.
Yeah the intent of the LT1 was for GM to satisfy everyone complaining that the only way to get the Camaro with a V8 was to get the SS with massive summer only tires, huge brakes, and beefed up suspension when they didn’t want to pay for all that.

In the old days you could get the RS package with a V8. All the way up to 1992. And with the Firebird Formula you could get the V8 with no options or beefed up suspension until 2002. I almost bought an FF in 1998. I had it spec’d out with the 350, 6 speed, cloth seats, t-tops, and comfort/convenience package which basically was just power windows/locks and cruise/tilt. It was $22k for near $30k Trans Am performance.

GM should have offered the LT1 trim on the Camaro since 2016.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:16 PM   #18
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I did the same as Fraxum, except I added the BM center stripe (to camouflage the hood air extractor), and the ground effects package.
Surprisingly, even with the LT1 badges, a lot of people think it's a V6.

There were a few more options I wouldn't of minded ordering, but the price/value wasn't there for me.
I was just thinking about removing my extractor and painting it body color , in my case summit white to draw less attention to it, its not a piece of beauty like the C7 corvettes hood heat extractor. The black center stripe you did does the trick.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:30 PM   #19
Richardman1992

Drives: 01 Z71, 21 LT1 M6
The SS front end is slowly growing on me, but I still like the look of the LT1 more. I ordered mine with the RS package, technology package, NPP, orange calipers, grey interior, different wheels and the 6 speed.
Attached Images

Richardman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:49 AM   #20
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I agree.
Me to!

For the heck of it I wanted to see if I would change anything from my car. About the only thing would be the CF fuel door. Then I noticed they have .9%APR. I would have been really torn had they had that a few months ago when I bought & they didn’t screw the pooch on the TCM.
Attached Images

Last edited by gtfoxy; 11-22-2020 at 07:19 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote